Self Hypnosis

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
Just practised a bit of self-hypnosis on myself, and I feel great! I envisaged myself on a sandy beach, relaxing, falling into a state of pure serenity. It was beautiful. I finally pictured myself in bed, sinking into the mattress, my eyes drooping, getting tires, calming down, shutting out any external influence... I went into a deep sleep for 2 hours (I was cat-napping) and woke to the sound of my own voice saying it was time to wake up. I felt so relaxed yet alert, it was amazing! I'd definitely recommend it!

No idea if that is even possible. How do you bring yourself out of it when the session is over? Falling asleep is different from being hypnotized.

No idea if that is even possible. How do you bring yourself out of it when the session is over? Falling asleep is different from being hypnotized.
Put simply, I entered a state of deep sleep, otherwise known as a trance. During hypnotherapy, you are never out of control and you are always aware of what is going on. I went under for a few hours and then it just felt right to wake up at that point. Easy :)

Just practised a bit of self-hypnosis on myself, and I feel great! I envisaged myself on a sandy beach, relaxing, falling into a state of pure serenity. It was beautiful. I finally pictured myself in bed, sinking into the mattress, my eyes drooping, getting tires, calming down, shutting out any external influence... I went into a deep sleep for 2 hours (I was cat-napping) and woke to the sound of my own voice saying it was time to wake up. I felt so relaxed yet alert, it was amazing! I'd definitely recommend it!
Wouldn't that be more like meditation? I've never done either, but I thought someone had to actively take you in and out of hypnosis?

Wouldn't that be more like meditation? I've never done either, but I thought someone had to actively take you in and out of hypnosis?
Nah, self-hypnosis is a genuine thing. Some people need a tape or something to fall under, some people find it possible to put themselves into a trance by repeating a mantra. Meditation can be used to place a client under.

Actually, most people have experienced self-hypnosis.

Have you ever been on a long trip, driving down the interstate, then suddenly realize that you've gone a long distance without being aware of it? It's a little disconcerting but that's a form of self-hypnosis.

What is the difference between self-hypnosis and meditation?
The two are very similar. Meditation is actually a tool used to submerge a person into a trance like, hypnotic state. Everyone experiences hypnotism, at least once a day! That experience between wakefulness and sleep? That's a trance.

Have you ever been on a long trip, driving down the interstate, then suddenly realize that you've gone a long distance without being aware of it? It's a little disconcerting but that's a form of self-hypnosis.

Hm. Never thought of that as self-hypnosis. I refer to it as being on auto-pilot.

Or I’ve “zoned-out” when in deep thought and feel like I’ve lost more time than I was aware of, but it was actually only for a minute or so.

Whatever works, glad you found it.

Been doing the Headspace thing, it is very calming, Andy's voice is very tranquil.

I discovered that Headspace is on Netflix now so to settle down to sleep I like setting the sleep timer and letting it run.

This is definitely true. Sometimes I will have that realization that I haven't looked at the road in what feels like a long time. Of course, I have been looking, but I can't remember actually doing so. It is a bit weird.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter