Sending Food?

officer tigger

DIS Veteran
I've heard of people mailing a package to themselves at their resort. Packing a box of food to prevent a trip to the super market.
Trying to get some insight on anyone who has ever done this. What have you sent and how many days in advance do you need to send it?
We are staying at the VWL Dec.4-10.

I've sent packages several times......I use UPS since there is a UPS shipping facility very close to my house. Go to the UPS website and you can actually estimate (if you have an idea of the size package and approximate weight)
how much it will cost you. Mine usually are around $15.00 using my own box and tape. You can also check on the site how many days ahead you will need to send it in order for it to arrive the day of or day before your arrival.
Make sure you put the complete address of the resort front desk, and put somewhere on the front of package to hold for guest name and your check in date. You can also put your ressie #, however, I never have since as long as they have your name and check in date that should be enough. Then, when you check in just ask the front desk to check for your package. Also, if you time it to arrive the day before your arrival you can actually print out the UPS tracking receipt and have that with you when you check in.

When we arrive on the weekend, I usually make sure it is in the mail Monday at the latest. Since you are arriving in Dec, you may want to give it a full week due to the Xmas mailing season.

We usually send cereal, pop tarts, chips, juice boxes, cans of ravioli (or similar), soup, spaghetti sauce, dry spaghetti, unopened mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, etc. I do limit the cans as they can get heavy. The things to NOT send are perisable items, carbonated beverages, and bread (unless you have it in a crush proof container).

Thanks for the replies. Gives us an idea on when and what to send. Still trying to decide on sending our own stuff or use wegoshop.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter