Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand your position completely. We have gay friends here in California who are very upset about the marriage reversal here.

However, let me point our health does not always enter the equation. I lost my husband when I was 29, he was 31. He was run off the road by a drunk driver and killed instantly. You can never really ever plan for things like that to happen to you or your loved ones.

You could always buy the wedding bands in Gibraltar and save them for that special day.

Just my thoughts...
womeninrollers.gif

Noel, thats terrible, I cant even begin to think how you got over that.

OK Chatted long enough. DD just came down and had her practice moved. Wasn't I just saying, that dogs are easier. :drive::car: I go - shall we try for 300?

Catch you on the flip side. :wave2:

A while back - part 5 or 6 maybe... We all offered to stand up for you... We can hold the wedding on board... Maybe the secret deck on 7... Just need to grab Cap'n Sparrow so he can officiate!

And then get thrown overboard!!! :lmao::lmao:

Actually I heard that because Disney is in the business of selling wedding packages on their boats and/or in the parks....that they are super strict about "clandestine weddings" happening that havne't been booked and paid for....so if they think you're trying to hold a wedding on their property that isn't sanctioned you get in trouble----which is why it is apparently also official Disney policy that you can't be in the parks (and probably on the boat) in wedding attire unless you have actually booked your wedding through them----like they don't want people showing up and just having their own private wedding on the steps of cinderella's castle or on a beach at Castaway...or even to just show up and try to have their wedding photos taken there! :rotfl2:

(Although I do love the idea of sneaking into WDW or down onto a deck with your formal clothes under a bathrobe or a raincoat and a minister in sunglasses and a big hat to find a secluded spot to have a quick wedding and then get chased around by park security while a cartoonish musical score plays in the background-----getting chased running in one cabin door and then out another like scooby doo!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:)

:lmao: OK - that beats BF....hands down. Poor Dan. Was he scarred for life? :rotfl2: Oh the things we do for a chuckle. Did you know before hand his dislike or did Small World do it for him? BF says it was Twilight Zone and
"Chatty Cathy" that did it for him.

That baby doll in Toy Stroy 3 really freaked me out :scared1::scared1:

Not Daft, DS says that he's not going to have another Husky after Isis and Chloe pass. He'll switch to another breed IF he'll have any. Isis is our furrbrat that is spoiled rotten. :scratchin.....maybe I should put a codicil in my will? You MUST love my dog (if they survive me) they are only 5 yrs old. Hoping to have another 10 yrs with the brats. ;) My kids say I love my furr kids way more than them. Not true - its just they don't talk back. So I'm sweeter to them. :rotfl2:
We were just talking about that today, Orly is really grey, hate them gettign older.
That's a great suggestion. Now that you mention it I do recall that in the Caribbean ports there is lots of jewelry shopping promoted. Perhaps we will keep that in mind.

Sorry to hear about your loss....and thank you for this reminder. It's funny but as I was typing the thought about our health, I was thinking of that. I have certainly had some sudden and shocking losses in my life before (a dear friend of mine was aboard that plane that crashed into a house outside Buffalo in Feb. 2009....and in June of 2006 a terrible car crash killed 5 teenage girls from the High School where I coach cheerleading----and four of the girls killed were from my squad). So you are right.....banking on being healthy is is probably not wise.....and, like I said, more time that passes, the more seriously we discuss our options in terms of going somewhere to get legally recognized to at least protect our rights in terms of hospital visitation, healthcare decision-making, etc.

True...we don't need paper...but some rights when it comes to tax benefits, estate/beneficiary, healthcare, etc. would sure be nice!! :lmao::thumbsup2:thumbsup2 You're right, though....if we decided to do a DCL wedding we probably WOULD have friends there, it would just be an entirely different group of friends. I'm sure we have plenty of DIS friends and DCL friends who might not really consider travelling up to dull Rochester for our big gay wedding.....but would jump at any excuse to book another DCL cruise or trip to WDW (or both)!! :rotfl2:

Thats just terrible, really, we must live life to the full, poor families.

I think you guys should have a disney wedding.

And then get thrown overboard!!! :lmao::lmao:

Actually I heard that because Disney is in the business of selling wedding packages on their boats and/or in the parks....that they are super strict about "clandestine weddings" happening that havne't been booked and paid for....so if they think you're trying to hold a wedding on their property that isn't sanctioned you get in trouble----which is why it is apparently also official Disney policy that you can't be in the parks (and probably on the boat) in wedding attire unless you have actually booked your wedding through them----like they don't want people showing up and just having their own private wedding on the steps of cinderella's castle or on a beach at Castaway...or even to just show up and try to have their wedding photos taken there! :rotfl2:

(Although I do love the idea of sneaking into WDW or down onto a deck with your formal clothes under a bathrobe or a raincoat and a minister in sunglasses and a big hat to find a secluded spot to have a quick wedding and then get chased around by park security while a cartoonish musical score plays in the background-----getting chased running in one cabin door and then out another like scooby doo!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:)

Well, Yes, being thrown over board would be bad... However, you could have a Pirate wedding... :lmao: Cap'n Jack will be there in duplicate - we just have to grab the right Cap'n Jack...

I like the park idea as well! One thing I know - Disney can't stop love, and determined people will find a way... :thumbsup2

BTW, I remember how torn up you were about your girls. You wrote an amazing explanation on the board and I was truly touched by that post. (I think someone else posted a link to the story too) In fact, I shared your story with my kids when they started driving, my youngest, now 17, is just getting behind the wheel lessons and I will have to share with her too. So sorry you had to experience that but I hope you were able to recover ( I know that's not the right word - words fail me now) from that. But isn't it amazing how something from our past is so influential in others? Know that you passed on a very important lesson to someone on the West Coast. Thank you for that lesson learned. :grouphug:

aw....:grouphug::goodvibes:goodvibes....thanks for remembering that. Yes it was a huge blow to our team, school, community....and even our sport around the state. The story, I understand, definitely had an impact on people all over since it got covered on CNN and in People magazine, as well. There was a hard lesson learned there that all drivers, especially teens, should remember: DO NOT TEXT AND DRIVE!!!! (As there is strong speculation, although no definitive proof, that texting and driving may have contributed to the accident)

Sadly, we end up reliving that experience every year at the end of June in our community. On a positive note though----Since the accident I have had the great pleasure of watching two of our lost girls' little sisters grow up and compete on our varsity team and graduate from our program (the most recent, and last, sibling---Emily--- actually was on our National Champion team this year and graduated just a month or so ago). It has been nice to see them carry their sisters' spirits and legacy! :littleangel:

A while back - part 5 or 6 maybe... We all offered to stand up for you... We can hold the wedding on board... Maybe the secret deck on 7... Just need to grab Cap'n Sparrow so he can officiate!

A wedding? I love weddings. Drinks all around!

pirate:

Which one? I was on the first WBPC back in 2005 when I came across the DIS. I too was like: "AW!" so I found out about them and then stalked them aboard the ship. Luckily they were a friendly lot and allowed me to join in some festivities. So when we did the WBPC, I joined in. Now, 15 cruises later, I usually find myself in the midst of most things. DH isn't sure if that's a good thing or not. :rotfl2: This will be his 1st TA so he has no idea what is in store for him. AND I'M NOT TELLING HIM. He thinks he will get to sleep for 5 days straight on the ship. Poor, poor man. :lmao:

We were on the 2008 one. That was our first Disney cruise. This will be our second.

:banana:

Noel? :grouphug: So sorry to hear about your DH. I am vicious about drinking and driving. Haven't lost anyone yet but I ripped into my siblings when they would do that. (Hm...maybe that is why I became a call-to person :scratchin) Luckily, they don't do that anymore. I guess I can get loud. Anyway, I was going to state that great minds think alike.....I was going to suggest the very same thing. ;)

Thank you for your kind words. I can't believe it will be 30 years this September that I lost my husband. I won't even take a single drink and drive. Nor will any of my children.

Erik and Jason? Either way, you don't need a paper when you find your real love. But it would be nice to be recognized by society. Whatever you plan on doing, if you do get married onboard, you can always have an extended DIS family with you. They will support you and you can share your Magical memores shots with them when you get home. :cloud9:

You expressed my own thoughts perfectly!!!
groom.gif
groom.gif

I know with my friends its not the bit of paper its the financial security that worried them, families can become horrible after someones dies, I am sure every one can tell a story or two about this, I certainly can.Not that I am saying your family are horrible Erik and Jason but certainly I know len will be fine if I died, happy days:laughing: Actually, there is a bit in my will re my beagles to make sure they are cared for if anything happens to us,:confused3daft I know.

I agree completely. In my own family, my youngest sister refuses to speak to any of us as we won't continue to support her now that she has spent all of her inheritance from my parents. She wants our family Lake House to be sold so she can have more money so we put it on the market but no offers in 5 years. Since it is fully paid for and costs less that $5k in taxes, upkeep etc., we want top dollar. This is not the market to get top dollar so she just will have to patient. She sends threatening registered letters to my sister who just ignores them as she has full discretion in the trust as to what to do with the house.

My parents supported her until 5 years ago when my father passed away. It was a rude awakening as my sister put it that the bank of Walter and Elaine closed (names of my parents).

She is 43 years old, owns no property and lives with a TF BF. TF BFs parents control the purse strings, own the house in a trust that he and she live in and thus even though she has put over 100K of her own money in it, has no rights to any proceeds if the house were ever sold. TF BF trust allows him to live rent etc. free for his life. Sister works at a low paying job even though she is highly educated so she can be "free" to care for TF BF when he has one of his "I am sick" episodes.

I have never met him as he has no interest in knowing any of our family. We have all tried but he is indifferent to meeting any of us. Only has met two of my other siblings once in 10 years at a concert and he didn't say much to either of them.

Now after that rant, back to cruise planning!
!

The earliest the strike could go ahead is 19th August as apparently they have to give 7 days notice after the ballet.(or so I understand from all the reading ive been doing)

STAFF at Scotland's three busiest airports are to be balloted for strikes in a pay dispute that could halt all flights next month.
The move by the Unite and Prospect unions comes as another blow to Edinburgh Airport, whose managing director Gordon Dewar has provoked widespread anger over his "kiss-and-fly" charge of £1 for passengers being dropped at the terminal.
Dont get me started about this pound charge!!!

Voting will
ADVERTISEMENTstart next Friday at BAA's six airports, which also include Glasgow, Aberdeen and Heathrow. Strikes could be called from about 19 August.

Well thats just lovely! £1 to be dropped off! Idiots! Just get dropped off down the road and walk in lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter