Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that 2 week comment was just an odd CM. I'm guessing the assignments will be very very soon seeing as the Med cruise before ours has been receiving theirs.

I would hope you are correct for those that have GTY status. It would drive me up a wall if I had to worry and wait for a stateroom too!!

crazy.gif

I think that 2 week comment was just an odd CM. I'm guessing the assignments will be very very soon seeing as the Med cruise before ours has been receiving theirs.

I think the med cruise was assigned around a month before so Im thinking it wont be long now at all!

Other than continue to ask on the thread, the other thing you could do is PM everybody who hasn't got their stateroom list and ask them to PM you with their cabin.

Since some may still be GTY, it may be awhile before you hear what their stateroom numbers may be.

Maybe you give a deadline for yourself, and PM the ones who don't have stateroom listed.

Didn't I read somewhere on the thread that someone heard that staterooms were not going to be assigned until 2 weeks before the cruise?

Just my thoughts....
girlcoffee.gif

Good dea about pming towards cut off date!

I would hope you are correct for those that have GTY status. It would drive me up a wall if I had to worry and wait for a stateroom too!!

crazy.gif

We were GTY for the PC cruise and it did drive us up the wall. So many of us were GTY there.

I think the med cruise was assigned around a month before so Im thinking it wont be long now at all!

I'll be excited for you all when your numbers come through. We'll have a party. I remember how excited we all were. Out of the lifeboats.

I keep checking daily to see if Jools has a cabin assigned yet :rotfl:

I am probably more desperate to find out than she is :lmao:

Dawn

Oh and this week has been a bit of a hard week for me as I'm still not right with all this anemia stuff going on. I don't think my levels are getting any better yet and now having to have more blood tests and an xray of my hand in order to see whether the pains I'm getting are anemia related or if my anemia is being caused by something else such as Rhuematoid Arthritis. So more blood tests to look forward to monday and an xray hopefully before we go away (3-4 weeks they claims)! I just wish they would sort it all out before I go.

My boss kindly pointed out today that I actually am paler than anyone she knows and that should have given me a clue that I was anemic! This being the case I've always been pale so therefore according to her have always been anemic! Seriously people are nuts

Still hopefully this weekend will get to see Toy Story 3 so yeah!

Hope everyone else is going to have a fab weekend!

I hope you are to feeling better soon.

Whoops!! No wonder you thought I had a typo!!

Of course, I meant DD Jennifer (who turns 42 on Monday)

Way too funny, as I didn't see the typo. Don't tell DH!!!

lmao.gif

I enjoyed that laugh, but was wondering how many husbands you were collecting.:rotfl2: I think we could be bribed with a DOD to keep our mouths shut, but then people do seem to get loosey goosey after a drink or two.

Right OK so I'm thinking well be getting them through soon and I was just wondering what we are going to do about updates? I know that the website list hasn't been updated by everyone as circumstances change and I don't know if it would be easier to do a Google document and get people to update that with the relevant information? I just don't want the rooms list to go from the website if people aren't going to remember to update the website?

What do people think? At the moment I have all the list off the website with any information off their as well as any information from the site i.e. fish extender groups, pins etc. DOCUMENT

But I just thought I would see what people wanted to do? Im worried we may end up wiht out of date information?

I like the idea of the google spread sheet

Just my 2 cents thought

I hope you are to feeling better soon.

I enjoyed that laught, but was wondering how many husbands you were collecting.:rotfl2: I think we could be bribed with a DOD to keep our mouths shut, but then people do seem to get loosey goosey after a drink or two.

I like the idea of the google spread sheet

Just my 2 cents thought

Thanks!

Right OK so I'm thinking well be getting them through soon and I was just wondering what we are going to do about updates? I know that the website list hasn't been updated by everyone as circumstances change and I don't know if it would be easier to do a Google document and get people to update that with the relevant information? I just don't want the rooms list to go from the website if people aren't going to remember to update the website?

What do people think? At the moment I have all the list off the website with any information off their as well as any information from the site i.e. fish extender groups, pins etc. DOCUMENT

But I just thought I would see what people wanted to do? Im worried we may end up wiht out of date information?

OK - hang on... Lets think about this...

For what it is worth, we asked people what they wanted on the website, and no one chimed in. It is a database, and it can hold anything we wanted. We could have had hotel, flights, trips - anything. But no one weighed in. Since it is a database, it is easy to update - and then everything is in one place. We can put reminders for it on Page one. If we start having multiple places for everything - why even have the website, ya know? If people are worried that they forgot their password, we can globally chnage everyone back to Mickey.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to stop anyone from doing anything, and we all know that I think that spreadsheets are the bees knees, but the roll call was meant to capture these type of things. That is the reason we agreed to take on the website - we could make it dynamic, we could manage lots of information EASILY. That is what a database does - it organizes data so that you can report off of it. So, lets get the information that we want up there! Come one everyone... What information do YOU want on the website? Do you want any reports to go with it? Or, should it just go away?

My personal opinion... I say that everyone updates roll call so it is the cabin number of record.

Oy...it's been a very busy day at work....so this is going to be a long multi-quote post..........

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you'd both be wearing suits, so how will they know it's bridal wear? If one of you is planning on wearing a dress, my money's on you Erik...:lmao: And if you are wearing a dress it would make the scooby doo cartoon even funnier....:rotfl2:

True enough...I do love the TV show "Say Yes to the Dress" but I don't have the figure for a gown! :lmao:

OK, I know this discussion is not about food, but I love Yak and Yeti! The egg rolls are so good! :thumbsup2

Us, too!! Yak & Yeti is one of our favorite restaurants on property. We have several favorites we try to eat in every time we go...that is one of them!

Is it too late to order shirts, wrist bands, lanyards etc etc? I hope not.

Bev :)

First...welcome (back) aboard....and second, no it is NOT too late to get lanyards. Send me a PM or an email (wbtalanyards@yahoo.com) asap-----the cutoff to get one is late night Sunday/early morning Monday. Jason will be printing the name badges at his office during the day on Monday so we can start cutting them out and putting things together.

Some of us have indicated we may dress up or wear a combination of purple and black!!

Jason and I are wearing our Villains ties...but sadly they are more of a black/red/yellow theme than a black/purple. And the only black pants we'll have will be our tux pants and so we'll probably have our khaki pants on...but at least we'll have villain ties! (For the WBTA...we probably won't do anything too special on the Med cruise since we only have one set of villains ties and our rule is not to repeat any ties during the trip!!:thumbsup2) I am still undecided about masks. I am seriously considering making some fancy masks for us to wear but they will be the LAST project....if I have time the week before we leave and it looks like there's room in our luggage then we'll have masks. If not then we'll have ties....very nice villain ties. :lmao:

OK - hang on... Lets think about this... The website is easy to update, it keeps everything in one place. We can put reminders for it on Page one. If we start having multiple places for everything - why even have the website, ya know? If people are worried that they forgot their password, we can globally chnage everyone back to Mickey.

Don't get me wrong, spreadsheets are the bees knees, but the roll call was meant to capture these type of things. I say that everyone updates roll call so it is the cabin number of record.

This was where I was thinking but I know that there are still a few people on some lists that either aren't on the website or aren't actually up to date on the website. What worries me is that people wont update the roll call.

For example our Captain has yet to update the roll call

Is there anyway on the website people could go in and confirm details to ensure they are correct? I will have no way of telling if things have been updated or not for the information on the navigator so this was why I was suggesting the sheet with just cabin numbers on.

I wasn't trying to step on your toes Sue and sorry if it felt like I was I just am aware that the info on the website for a number of cruisers is definately not up to date and this worries me that more info isn't and I just don't know it.

OK - hang on... Lets think about this... The website is easy to update, it keeps everything in one place. We can put reminders for it on Page one. If we start having multiple places for everything - why even have the website, ya know? If people are worried that they forgot their password, we can globally chnage everyone back to Mickey.

Don't get me wrong, spreadsheets are the bees knees, but the roll call was meant to capture these type of things. I say that everyone updates roll call so it is the cabin number of record.

I am OK with keeping info on the website......but for folks who have ordered lanyards, if you are a GTY or you switch your rooms please make sure you PM me directly with your room information. That way I will be sure that I don't miss it if it only gets updated on some other list or on the website (and since the lanyard list itself appears on the website, anyway)

This was where I was thinking but I know that there are still a few people on some lists that either aren't on the website or aren't actually up to date on the website. What worries me is that people wont update the roll call.

Is there anyway on the website people could go in and confirm details to ensure they are correct?

I wasn't trying to step on your toes Sue and sorry if it felt like I was I just am aware that the info on the website for a number of cruisers is definately not up to date and this worries me that more info isn't and I just don't know it.

I have asked Todd to update the info on the first page. There is no way to email a sign up to the roll call. This is left over from when the website was first started, before we got involved and re launched it.

Just my opinion - having more places to hold information is not the answer - consolidating everything to one place and publishing that out there is the way to kill the confusion. I think that this is what Glenns geek-speak was trying to say...

Im not worried about my toes, just worried that further fracturing of where info is kept will make it harder, not easier...

OK - hang on... Lets think about this...

For what it is worth, we asked people what they wanted on the website, and no one chimed in. It is a database, and it can hold anything we wanted. We could have had hotel, flights, trips - anything. But no one weighed in. Since it is a database, it is easy to update - and then everything is in one place. We can put reminders for it on Page one. If we start having multiple places for everything - why even have the website, ya know? If people are worried that they forgot their password, we can globally chnage everyone back to Mickey.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to stop anyone from doing anything, and we all know that I think that spreadsheets are the bees knees, but the roll call was meant to capture these type of things. That is the reason we agreed to take on the website - we could make it dynamic, we could manage lots of information EASILY. That is what a database does - it organizes data so that you can report off of it. So, lets get the information that we want up there! Come one everyone... What information do YOU want on the website? Do you want any reports to go with it? Or, should it just go away?

My personal opinion... I say that everyone updates roll call so it is the cabin number of record.

I think it is a great idea but what about editing. I think people should be able to edit their own information but not others. Remember the old adage, too many cooks spoil the broth.

Just my thoughts...
girlcoffee.gif

I have asked Todd to update the info on the first page. There is no way to email a sign up to the roll call. This is left over from when the website was first started, before we got involved and re launched it.

Just my opinion - having more places to hold information is not the answer - consolidating everything to one place and publishing that out there is the way to kill the confusion. I think that this is what Glenns geek-speak was trying to say...

Im not worried about my toes, just worried that further fracturing of where info is kept will make it harder, not easier...

Actually I was referring to Todd's entry on the TA Pirates page. Hadn't noticed the first page!

Look I don't mind how it gets done but at the moment for me to put it in the Naviagtor the website is gong to be more work for me so if you can find a solution I'm happy to go for it.

The other option is I just leave it out of the Navigator completely? We could have a seperate file for it maybe but then that seems like more work?

The website has on it a lot of information probably not needed in the navigator such as ages and location and dining. That was why I thought it was easier to just update the room numbers in one location and then I could feed it into the Navigator but happy with any option really!

I think it is a great idea but what about editing. I think people should be able to edit their own information but not others. Remember the old adage, too many cooks spoil the broth.

Just my thoughts...
girlcoffee.gif

As it is now, everyone has a password - most people chose their own, so you can only edit your own information. We can do a global reset of passwords, and then you can reset it to whatever you want. Glenn and I can edit the DB directly, but we are the only ones that can do that.

Actually I was referring to Todd's entry on the TA Pirates page. Hadn't noticed the first page!

Look I don't mind how it gets done but at the moment for me to put it in the Naviagtor the website is gong to be more work for me so if you can find a solution I'm happy to go for it.

The other option is I just leave it out of the Navigator completely? We could have a seperate file for it maybe but then that seems like more work?

The website has on it a lot of information probably not needed in the navigator such as ages and location and dining. That was why I thought it was easier to just update the room numbers in one location and then I could feed it into the Navigator but happy with any option really!

How about this... I will work with Glenn to get the cabin numbers, etc., updated on the website. We can take the DB off line for a bit and make changes fairly quickly that way. Once we have done that, I will post that it has been updated.

Think about what you would pull from the website if it were a perfect world and send me that listing. We can run a report to get that data for you in an y format and you can copy and paste it into a navigator.

Will that work?

Just to let everyone know - we are taking the database off line right now. Please do not make updates to your record at this time as the changes will not be saved.

Im innocent when it come to the website mate , I have nothing to do with that ...savvy

Front page update with with where to send photos :thumbsup2

pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter