Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
but but but, that makes them a real bargain, you can use them on your cruise. ;)
At the end of Fall, I like the lingo:thumbsup2
We are going to get on just fine:goodvibes
Right, I am away to take the trash out (you see) and then fingers crossed no more calls tonight, see you all tom afternoon,
I finish tom 8.30, I will go for a run, have breakfast, go to the shops then be back at work for midday, then it is the big countdown till monday am

Is this the same person who normally always tells me to step away from the credit card? ;)

Thanks for all of your good thoughts and prayers :littleangel: for my friend Eric and his family. The surgery was delayed a day as the new hospital where he was transferred wanted to run additional tests. Tests showed an 80% blockage. Surgery was this morning and Eric is in recovery!!! After a double by-pass, the doctors are saying his heart is back at 100% pumping. No new meds will be needed. He is not out of the woods yet but things are definitely looking good.

I really appreciate all of the good vibes coming his way. They really worked and we are looking forward to alot more fun times for their family!!!!!

You guys are the best! :thumbsup2

I am glad that the surgery went well and that the prognosis is good.

LOL - they were packed!!! Gee, should have checked the pockets, huh?

Moving on!!

I am glad that you found your magnets. This actually makes me think that I have no idea where my magnets are that I made after I shipped the rest of the magnets to Barcelona. I better try and find them when I get home.

After doing a weekly countdown for what seems like forever, it gives me great pleasure ( tinged with a teeny bit of sadness for some reason ) to present to my wonderful DIS friends ..... our last ever weekly countdown ...

WE HAVE ONLY 1 WEEK TO GO UNTIL WE BOARD THE DISNEY MAGIC !!!!!!

I nearly started to cry when I read this. I was at work using the computer in our canteen at the time. That would have given my colleagues something to talk about. I can’t believe that it is less than a week now until I am on the Magic.

That sounds very cool, Noel!!! :thumbsup2 Wish we had that here... :

I am pretty sure that it is available in the UK. I know a little while ago somebody asked on the UK community Board if somebody had this done as she was seriously considering it. There were some people who had it and really recommended it.

Hello everyone:wave2:

Just wanted to check in to say :thanks: to everyone who has been working so hard to make this a wonderful cruise for us all.

:welcome: to everyone who has joined in the last few weeks.

pixiedust: to everyone who needs it now and to everyone else for safe journeys and arrivals before we meet everyone this time next Saturday :dance3:

I've only got to work away in North London for two more days next week, if everything goes to plan:thumbsup2: then two days working from home which saves me 2 hours travel time as I don't have to go to my office in Manchester :yay:

Ready to go :banana: packing Thursday night, stay safe and well :flower3: see you all in Barcelona

Sarah & Elizabeth

Hopefully we see you at the airport on Friday morning. We are going to stay at the Crowne Plaza at Manchester Airport on the Thursday night as I don’t want to chance the trains early in the morning. I am on an early shift on Thursday and then I will head straight from work to the airport.

We had a terrific time in Amsterdam, visiting the Van Gogh Museum, the Anne Frank House, the Rijksmuseum, Rembrandt´s House, and taking a canal boat cruise.

Bicycles are everywhere.

bikes.jpg

Looking forward to seeing everyone on board in one week.

Woody

Thanks for checking in. I am glad that you are having a good time.

I will have to look for the Irregular Choice shoes here in the USA as I have Princess and the Pea feet. If the shoes don't fit perfectly in the store, I don't buy them as I will get blisters everywhere.

Especially like this shoe!!
beansontoast.png

I saw them on their website yesterday and they do look great, but they do have too much heel for me.

I am on my way out the door to get Hurricane supplies for the kids...just incase they need them while I am gone....and needed to come on here to post something for Laura (eeyorelvr10)

She sent me a text to let dolphingirl47 know that she has your dresses. I guess you will know what that means.

Laura says they are in Tunisia and it sucks! Said she does not recommend it. I will try to find out more on the reason why later.

See everyone in 1 week!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks for letting me know. I have done a lot of routing around in my bag today to check my cell phone as she said she would text me. We are not allowed to have our cell phones out at work. So I looked for something in my bag quite regularly so that I could check if I had received a text from her. I am so glad that she got them and can’t wait to see them next week. That is two dresses less that I have to pack.

When we were on the Med cruise, most of the people from America hated it, whereas people from Europe enjoyed it for the most part. I know that I Ioved it and I really want to go there on vacation at some stage. I think the main problem is that people from America are not familiar with the culture and find it strange and threatening. The strangest that I heard on our cruise was that an American family complained that everybody was smiling at them. From a European perspective, Tunisia, Morocco and Turkey have been popular destinations for vacations for years. Also various Middle Eastern destinations like the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain and Qatar are becoming increasingly popular and people simply have a better understanding of the culture.

Having said this, it is Eid this weekend and therefore probably not the best time to visit. One of my team members is from Tunisia and she just told me on Friday what Eid is like in Tunisia. It is just one big party with thousands of people partying in the streets. This might well make for a very uncomfortable experience if you don’t know the place. I was actually worried that the stores might be closed today.

This is the one I fancy... Love the shape and the colour plus the leather is amazing...
giantday_173081D94JN6603_Fbis.jpg

I love the bag.

Corinna

Well I knew I shouldn`t have packed the majority of the stuff a week ago as now I`m going to take it all out to make sure its there!
DH has found a wallet that attaches to his belt, so thats one less worry for Barcelona.
A few jobs still to do but we are getting there. Good news is I`ve finished work for 4 weeks, bad news, as I`m self employed, no income for me!
Thats why I stopped myself from packing, I knew I would have it all back out anyway.
This evening I am devoting to finishing off my FE gifts and scrapbooking gifts.
I hope everyone has low expectations :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Tomorrow I need to make a pirate skirt and sort out magnets ready for printing and print off the scavenger hunt sheets.

On top of this I am packing bits and pieces as I go along.

Getting very excited and listening to Disney music

::yay:
Makes me glad Im at work.
Still busy busy busy Sarah. Though I guess you have a few more days than I do. I'm really feeling all knotted inside now.
I know how you feel, I amsarting to feel pretty helpless here at work

With all the buzz about shapewear, I broke down and tried a cami type one the other day. :scared1: I thought I was going to have to get the sales girl to rescue me.

Guess I should have read this book first: :rotfl:

http://www.theonion.com/video/today-now-how-to-thrust-your-fat-into-a-more-appea,18030/

Caution- link leads to a video!
Thats so funny, you made me laugh.
I'm only up to page 185. Not that it's going to change anything, but for the people on the ship this week, who is the CD? Please please please tell me it's not Peter. :scared1:

Bev
Brent I think.
Wow!!! A busy evening planned, Sarah!!! :worship:

I'm being uber lazy.
3.gif
I've taken the day off and am planning on a relatively early night - we didn't go to bed till 2am and got up at 9am... :faint:

TOMORROW is THE day!!! Ironing and packing. Packing and ironing. That sort of thing... ;)
tom da da da da da
Next week at this time we will be in the diningroom, and having our first meal on the Magic.

a::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
yipeeeeeeee
Do you mean our Red light disrict?

I like Amsterdam a lot it's different but a great town. You can do everything there and nothing is strange.

Woody i'm glad you did like Amsterdam.

When you see a red hair girl on a fiets (Bicycle) on CC it's that girl from Holland.
Yes, I love Amsterdam, we were only there for 2 nights and I could tell you a hundred stories. Best b and b Ive ever stayed in, it was 2 guys that ran it,they were a couple, they cracked me up, such nice people and so open.
Is this the same person who normally always tells me to step away from the credit card? ;)

Corinna

But only cause I have your best interest at heart, but come on Corinna they shoes are dam hot.

I did want to reply that I am glad Corrina's tooth is better. I hate toothaches.

Also, I agree with all of you, there is nothing you can do on the ocean if something happens with family, animals, etc. I have always told Goofy Granny, especially if we are on vacation for only 7 days to not tell us anything until you pick us up at the airport. You would not be able to do anything and you are right, it will ruin your vacation.

I have the same problem scrapbooking our Palm Springs trip from years ago. I actually called the title, "The Worst Vacation Ever". We got stopped by a cop for speeding, grandmom died, and our room was situated where they mowed the golf course at 4 in the morning and I was diagnosed with MS - all within 48 hours - UGH! When I look at the scrapbook page now, I laugh because I remember how terrible it was. The first TA cruise we took no computer and no phone. We wanted NO contact with the outside world.:banana:

Thanks for the info. Hope your DD gets better quickly. Where was the guest talent show held? Adam has been preparing some songs on the piano for a while now. Tonight, he plays for a church service. There is a women's retreat and they have an opening service to pray for all the participants. He's very nervous as he has never played for people to sing, but I'm sure he'll do a great job. I've been singing along to the songs while he plays to help him out. He'll do a much better job tonight when he has a better singer to lead the songs!

The guest talent show was held in Rockin Bar D. They had a piano set up and they also had drums (there were piano players and drummers, numerous dancers and of course other stuff, including a cross dressing lip synching act and some rap acts). They had a chance to practice sometime during the cruise (forgot when) and it was fun to watch. It got pretty crowded and no competition or winners, just all for fun :) I bet your son will enjoy it and do well, video him if you can so he can see himself later!

The crew talent show was held in the Walt theater and was awesome.

My poor dd. We can't figure out what her current allergy trigger is and she's been through 6 epi pens this week and 3 hospital visits. The pediatrician feels hopeful she will be recovered enough to fly safely on Wednesday. We thank god for steroids and epinephrine :)

This evening I am devoting to finishing off my FE gifts and scrapbooking gifts.
I hope everyone has low expectations :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Tomorrow I need to make a pirate skirt and sort out magnets ready for printing and print off the scavenger hunt sheets.

On top of this I am packing bits and pieces as I go along.

Getting very excited and listening to Disney music

:yay::dance3::yay::dance3::yay:

Did you ever get my info regarding the Scavenger Hunt? Thank you!!:thumbsup2

Similar sentiments here, I`m feeling very guilty that I`m leaving very frail dad 85 for 3+ weeks. However I`ve just taken him to visit relatives for 5 days so really those guilt feelings are probably not justified. I`ve asked DD to phone the ship should the worst happen, but we can`t come home, thats for certain.

I understand that...........I have the opposite problem in that I'm leaving dd at a somewhat vulnerable time (I know you all must be sick of me telling you!):rolleyes1 She needs to be able to contact us in emergencies...but what can I do from the ocean??? I'm hoping she will phone my sis for help, who's just 35 minutes away and 'on standby'.......I do feel very guilty though. :guilty:

I rather think so, though we do have going on 3 weeks after the cruise where I won't be wearing dressy things, so need enough ordinary clothes. I look at the piles and think I will take something out, and so far it has been 1 T shirt!!!

I know exactly what you mean, Mark has told me I am only to take 3 swimsuits (I do swim a lot) but I am still trying to sneak more in.......and I have to filter my t shirts and shorts too........:rolleyes1

Right now I'm listening to my "cruising" playlist on iTunes while I get stuff done. Here are some of the songs:

Sweet Escape -Gwen Stephani
Two Tickets to Paradise -Eddie Money
September -Earth Wind & Fire
Don't Stop Me Now -Queen
Come Sail Away -Styx
Sail On -The Commodores
Over The Rainbow -Glee Cast Version
Under the Boardwalk -The Drifters
Slow Ride -Foghat
Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett

Life is good!!!!! I'm soooo happy.

Good tunes!:thumbsup2

Hey there!

It's been crazy here! I went to lunch with my neighbor yesterday then went to Verizon (to get my new DROID phone activated and SIM card numbers downloaded) and the BMV to get my new driver's license. When I got home, my mom and grandmother were here waiting for me. So that kept me off the boards yesterday.

Sadly, I got hardly any sleep last night. I was tired at 6:00 pm, but mom and grandma were still here. I got to bed just before 9, then couldn't sleep. GRRRR... I still set the alarm for 4:30 am thinking I could get to bed easily by 7:00pm tonight. Guess what? I'm getting MORE unexpected company shortly! She's staying the night, too. *sigh*

Sooo......let's hope this feeling of a cold coming on doesn't become reality with all this lack of sleep. I'm drinking anise tea like there's no tomorrow trying to keep the throat from being sore!

Tomorrow I'm off to head north to celebrate my mom's birthday (it's 9/20 while we're gone), then stay with my grand mother for the night. So to everyone leaving in the next 48 hours, SAFE TRAVELS TO YA, and I very much look forward to seeing you in one week!!!!

Oh yes...one more thing. I know I need to update Part 4 of 4 of the flight list and Part 2 of 2 of the hotel list. I'll do my best to squeeze that in tonight.

Hope you manage to sleep better and relax a little....see you very soon!:cool1:

Still busy busy busy Sarah. Though I guess you have a few more days than I do. I'm really feeling all knotted inside now.

Hope you relax a little soon Marilyn :hug:

With all the buzz about shapewear, I broke down and tried a cami type one the other day. I thought I was going to have to get the sales girl to rescue me.

Guess I should have read this book first:

:rotfl:

Wow!!! A busy evening planned, Sarah!!!

I'm being uber lazy.
3.gif
I've taken the day off and am planning on a relatively early night - we didn't go to bed till 2am and got up at 9am...

TOMORROW is THE day!!! Ironing and packing. Packing and ironing. That sort of thing..

I have similar plans for tomorrow Kaz...now that Becky has gone back AGAIN to Bristol ;) I shall be washing, ironing and packing tomorrow :woohoo:

Next week at this time we will be in the diningroom, and having our first meal on the Magic.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:cool1::cool1:

I have been meaning to mention that Heather (GOS) has been in my thoughts this past week. I don't know if she's felt it easier to no longer lurk, but I hope she feels the DIS love knowing we are still thinking about her and Rick. :grouphug:

Ditto to that Kimberley :hug:

:littleangel:

But only cause I have your best interest at heart, but come on Corinna they shoes are dam hot.

They are gorgeous, but hopefully this is still true when I come back from our cruise.

My poor dd. We can't figure out what her current allergy trigger is and she's been through 6 epi pens this week and 3 hospital visits. The pediatrician feels hopeful she will be recovered enough to fly safely on Wednesday. We thank god for steroids and epinephrine :)

I am so sorry to hear that your daughter is poorly. I hope that she is OK to travel and will have no allergic reactions while on the ship.

Corinna

When are you leaving Marilyn? Tuesday?

Yes Tuesday, 3.25pm from Heathrow. We are driving down in the morning.

With all the buzz about shapewear, I broke down and tried a cami type one the other day. :scared1: I thought I was going to have to get the sales girl to rescue me.

Guess I should have read this book first: :rotfl:

http://www.theonion.com/video/today-now-how-to-thrust-your-fat-into-a-more-appea,18030/

Caution- link leads to a video!

I tried a couple on I couldn't actually get on. One I bought online was so tight, but boy did it give me the waist I have always wanted!!! :rotfl2: But, I was so uncomfortable and just knew I wouldn't ever be able to wear it even at the beginning of the cruise!!:scared1:

Do you mean our Red light disrict?

I like Amsterdam a lot it's different but a great town. You can do everything there and nothing is strange.

I loved our weekend there. Must go back.

I have been meaning to mention that Heather (GOS) has been in my thoughts this past week. I don't know if she's felt it easier to no longer lurk, but I hope she feels the DIS love knowing we are still thinking about her and Rick. :grouphug:

I heard that Brent is back on the ship.

She must be thinking that they would have been setting off this week. Such a hard time for her.

Maybe that's the safest place in Amsterdam.

I suppose so. I would think there are plenty of police around.

Hope you relax a little soon Marilyn :hug:

Thanks Mandy. Just booked our car hire for this trip, but I am also trying to book flight for our Jan extended stay, and it is proving a bit more than stressful. I am beginning to think it would be better to cut the trip shorter and save on the big car parking charges. Anyway we will HAVE to book tomorrow.

These things should be really pleasurable!:rotfl2:

The guest talent show was held in Rockin Bar D. They had a piano set up and they also had drums (there were piano players and drummers, numerous dancers and of course other stuff, including a cross dressing lip synching act and some rap acts). They had a chance to practice sometime during the cruise (forgot when) and it was fun to watch. It got pretty crowded and no competition or winners, just all for fun :) I bet your son will enjoy it and do well, video him if you can so he can see himself later!

Thats horrible, what a worry for you. I hope she gets well soon.

I know ... she has been in my thoughts too. It must be a really difficult time for Heather right now. She will definitely need those :hug::hug::hug:

I nearly started to cry when I read this. I was at work using the computer in our canteen at the time. That would have given my colleagues something to talk about. I can’t believe that it is less than a week now until I am on the Magic.

Corinna

I nearly started to cry when I read this about you nearly starting to cry in the canteen. We are all going to be emotional wrecks by Saturday :sad1:

Did you ever get my info regarding the Scavenger Hunt? Thank you!!:thumbsup2

If you are on my list with the right info then I got your info. I will check my list and let you know :thumbsup2

Don't worry Paul, now that you have been told the rules, you can catch up!!

I really, really, like you Noel.:love::love::love:

Me too!! And I can't wait to meet you both!

So I have a choice for Saturday.
I can go to work and finish my August financials, :surfweb:

or I can iron on my transfers,
put labels on my fish extender gifts,
pack,
put aside my 3 work outfits and mentionables,
make out a list of everything I'm going to pack in my 2 large bags,
go to the DMV and get my picture taken for my driver's license that expires next week,
mail off all of my birthday cards for my September birthdays (a bunch!),
setup my bills to be paid for the rest of the month,
reschedule my stone massage,
make a spreadsheet of all of my activities I have scheduled. (This is beginning to look a lot like Mousefest, it is so activity intense. :)
assign an outfit for each activity,
find my golden ears,
find my jewelry,
make up my scrapbook pages for the door and figure out how I'm going to attach the pens,
buy another battery for my camera,
take my friend with stage 4 breast cancer, spine and brain cancer for a Rita's ice.

I'm really glad I put this into words cause this is a no-brainer!:thumbsup2

Definitely a no brainer!

I asked the front desk to check next week's weather and there is a chance of rain most days, but then it was predicted to rain Friday and it only rained in the early am when we were asleep. The days have been warm and sunny with a few fluffy white clouds, some breezes. Many people are in shorts and sundresses. I think the weather is just like LA. It rarely rains when predicted.

We took the 24 bus from Placa Catalunya to Parc Guell today. This was suggested in tripadvisor. Glad that we did it this way. The bus let us off right in front of the park entrance. The HOHO drops people off at the bottom of the hill and it is a long, steep walk up. The park is beautiful and a "must see" if you have the time. We spent 3 pleasant hours walking around.

There are several good tapas places near the Pratik. Our favorite is Cuidad Condal, right across the street. Breakfast for 2 is under 10 euros. We've had lunch and dinner there too. The menu is in English and the staff super helpful. I recommend it highly. Taller de Tapas is also nearby, about 1 block away. Also very good.

The Pratik has a lovely terrace off the first floor where wifi connection is strong. It may be a very good place to meet for the fountains. The lobby is very small and the staff would probably not be too happy with a crowd of noisy disers packing the lobby.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Barcelona is great. Walking the streets feel safe. Don't stress about blending in. Every kind of dress is seen. If you are carrying a camera or checking out a map - you are a tourist no matter what you are wearing. That's OK. They like tourist.

Thanks for the great updates!!

See, I knew you'd come through with the info! :laughing: Thanks, I will get the 'cheque and envelope' from LV if they will do it and have it stamped at the port if I can, then post it when I get home. If LV don't participate, or I can't find the right people to stamp at port, Oh well, Bad Luck, No big deal.
It's not really a souvenir, I agree, my photo's and memories are precious, and if the ship was sinking I would take my camera before my handbag!!! :goodvibes

Hayley - I have a blog-rant about this... I think there may even be a couple of links!

I was going to print the navigator sarah done, when I click on it its not working, I am trying the one on the first page that sarah listed, am I being dumB?

Wait on printing - there will be a final one posted. We have the tasting info now - and we are just waiting on the final jewelry class info.

Is that the final navigator, or is there still another version to come?

One more as soon as Corinna sorts the jewelry class!

I hear that the crew talent show is not to be missed...

How awful for your daughter! I hope thathtey get this figured out and that she is cleared for travel!!

I could have sworn I multi quoted more, but it isn't here... Lets see... I am all for please no bad news while we are gone. I have to have my phone on due to my moms condition, but they will leave a message and i can choose to listen or not. I have also left contact info for my uncle - her brother so that if she needs someone to be there they can call him. i don't expect problems, but...

Oh, Becca cheered today and got awarded Most Cheerful! So she was awarded one of the team Spirit sticks! Normally the girls keep them a week, but they are letting Becca hang on to it until we return - and asked that she get some pics with Mickey and friends in uniform. Nit sure how or where to make that happen... Any ideas are welcome! The coach also asked us to have it travel with us, so it will go up on the rock, in the jee at Madeira, etc. She is pretty excited! Me, well, I am not thrilled about the uniform - so if I can knock it out in one day it will be easier to accept... Now I just need to figure out if we have room for it!

I managed to print and trim up the final batch of magnets, and now I have everything I need to pack except for Stephens clothes which will go in the was in a moment.

We are whittling down the list of to dos and hopefully by Monday night we will be down to the nitty gritty of tidying up the house, charging electronics, etc.

Can't believe I can finally say SEE YOU ALL IN A FEA SHORT DAYS!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I tried a couple on I couldn't actually get on. One I bought online was so tight, but boy did it give me the waist I have always wanted!!! :rotfl2: But, I was so uncomfortable and just knew I wouldn't ever be able to wear it even at the beginning of the cruise!!:scared1:

I have ordered one from the Debenhams sale after you posted about it .... hope it fits because if not it will be too late to order another one !

Your poor daughter. It looks good for flying. I hope she soon feels like her old self. It is a frightening condition to have particularly when you can't work out the trigger is.

One more as soon as Corinna sorts the jewelry class!

This is all sorted. The class is now on September 19th from 1 to 2 PM. All the people affected have received a PM and I sent Sarah a PM as well earlier this evening.

Corinna

I have ordered one from the Debenhams sale after you posted about it .... hope it fits because if not it will be too late to order another one !

Well this one was at least a size too small, so if you are correct with your sizing I bet you will be fine. Another one I got online wasn't as high as it looked, and I also think too small. The top just rolled down. Neither were a good look.:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
(Not that any are to be honest;))

Well this one was at least a size too small, so if you are correct with your sizing I bet you will be fine. Another one I got online wasn't as high as it looked, and I also think too small. The top just rolled down. Neither were a good look.:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
(Not that any are to be honest;))

I did order my actual size so I hope thats the correct thing to do. It did come with 4 good reviews by other buyers, so everything crossed it will fit and turn me into Kylie !! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I did order my actual size so I hope thats the correct thing to do. It did come with 4 good reviews by other buyers, so everything crossed it will fit and turn me into Kylie !! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Well there is no chance of me turning into Kylie, but Helen Mirren would be just fine by me!!!;)

Had to make a couple of moves with Martini groupings due to conflicts. If you are in the Martini tastings, please confirm that your assigned group is OK and not in coonflict with other things!

NEW screen shots of Martini have been posted!!

REMINDER - ticketing is being done for this on Monday morning!!

Also - Monday morning is also the last date to get added to a tasting if you want to get in on the fun!

As of right now there are still 2 openings in Mojitos. (This is a new seminar for DCL! We are the guinnea pigs, as we requested it!). There are 5 openings for beer tasting, 7 total slots for Martinis and one remaining spot for Mixology! LET ME KNOW ASAP if you want to be included.

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter