Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats cool

yeah i have stayed in 5 star hotels it can be a good idea to be clear straight away how you like things - string fences and all that be polite and remember they are human beings with feelings but at the end of the day this is our holiday

but really i have always had good service from disneyworld not the case with disney land paris - god that is such a mess the characters are great but really the cast members are so poor compared to disney world

at the end we are on holiday some things will go wrong and we must not let those ruin the whole holiday

i have found if you give a good tip at the start that can actually help

I agree completely about communication and tipping. Whenever we are going to be staying at a hotel or resort, I try to email the concierge before we arrive to arrange certain things. I think it gives the property a sense of who we are and what are our expectations even before we arrive.

You are spot on about having too high of expectations. Just go with the flow. If you get mad, get glad and then get over it. Life is WAY too short to be that stressed over vacation says the AAAAAA personality. I will TRY to practice what I preach. If not, please remind me of this post!!

Just my thoughts....
girlcoffee.gif

I'm so excited to hear more people are going to have their MMC shirts on!! If you have Ears, bring those, too!!

Silly girl! Of course not! :rotfl2: We went through over 300 pages in 20 days with Chapter 8!

sadly my nephew has my ears i hope i can buy them on the ship?

I agree completely about communication and tipping. Whenever we are going to be staying at a hotel or resort, I try to email the concierge before we arrive to arrange certain things. I think it gives the property a sense of who we are and what are our expectations even before we arrive.

You are spot on about having too high of expectations. Just go with the flow. If you get mad, get glad and then get over it. Life is WAY too short to be that stressed over vacation says the AAAAAA personality. I will TRY to practice what I preach. If not, please remind me of this post!!

Just my thoughts....
girlcoffee.gif

lol

ditto here hay its going to be cool everyone

there will be issues but honestly its going to be a great holiday

That is a really good point.

It is so very different at DL Paris. We saw some extremely grumpy CM's and always said they would get the sack in Florida. It really put us off.

yeah disney land paris is ok i went there last year to get my disney fix it was great but its no disney world its a very pale imitation

and they seem to forget adults love disney as well and we go there to be children as well

i love the characters the rides .. the whole atmosphere

i love standing at the front of main street and closing my eyes then opening them to see the castle before me and then i am there as a child again

my uncle did that in La disneyland i was only 8 made me close my eyes led me to main street then told me to open my eyes ... and that was it got pixey dust in my eyes

LOL

yeah disney land paris is ok i went there last year to get my disney fix it was great but its no disney world its a very pale imitation

and they seem to forget adults love disney as well and we go there to be children as well

i love the characters the rides .. the whole atmosphere

i love standing at the front of main street and closing my eyes then opening them to see the castle before me and then i am there as a child again

my uncle did that in La disneyland i was only 8 made me close my eyes led me to main street then told me to open my eyes ... and that was it got pixey dust in my eyes

LOL

:):):) I believe it is the loveliest of the castles. Though DL has the most history of course.

:):):) I believe it is the loveliest of the castles. Though DL has the most history of course.

yeah it does its walts place

also it was like the 1970's so its like really nostalgic .. i am hoping next year i can get back there its been about 8 years since i was at DL Anaheim

though i have to say disney world is awesome i love that place there is so much to see and i love how its all in one huge area

i have to admit disneyland paris looks great

i just wish the CM's would take more CM classes in the USA

some are great but its just not magical or that top disney service

Re surveys: First night when we get the "exceptional service" talk from servers we tell them we certainly expect their service will be excellent and assure them throughout the cruise (with a warm smile!) that we will let them know if there is anything they can do to make it so. We also take the time to tell them that we like to laugh and have fun. I do know that the information from those surveys is calculated before the day is over and there have been changes made before the ship sets sail again based on common comments from multiple cruisers. (this info from DIS cruisers who are in the survey calculation business) We always take the few minutes to fill it out and we do mention CMs all around the ship that have given us magical moments ----and there are always several.

We have DL 50th anniversary gold ears, but can't locate any of our black ears. We might just have to go with those.

I have the special silver ones that were given away during the year of a million dreams at WDW. I won them getting off Splash Mountain. Not sure if I'll bring them or not.

Having a hard time with dd just now ........send some sunshine our way please.....:sad1:

Roll on the cruise!

:littleangel:

So we all know about our next vacation :goodvibes However just out of interest has anyone got any future vacations planned???

We are trying to be good and so have nothing planned, I`ve been eyeing up a Caribbean cruise for next feb, possibly a couple of months in France in 2012.
DH would like to stay at home and save the money :scared1:

Anyone else?

We're planning a 3 week holiday next October/November time to celebrate our 'big-0' Birthdays :thumbsup2

We've booked a Dream cruise so far.....but that's it!:surfweb:

:goodvibes

:littleangel:

We have the Panama Canal on the Wonder booked for January! Not long between vacations with the extra land days. It will be all diet!!!:rotfl2:

So we all know about our next vacation :goodvibes However just out of interest has anyone got any future vacations planned???

We are trying to be good and so have nothing planned, I`ve been eyeing up a Caribbean cruise for next feb, possibly a couple of months in France in 2012.

Anyone else?

well i am a contractor my contract ends in july 2011 by that time i should have about 1 years wages saved

i am planning on spending about 2 months travelling around the USA .. then flying to japan for a month then off to australia for a month sort of a mini world trip i am 40 next year

from what the UK government is doing it seems a good time to leave for a while

Glad to see some of you will be cruising on the Wonder in January. Count us in on the Panama Canal too. We'll also be booking a vacation on the Dream while we're onboard the Magic.

Jackie

I just got an e-mail from DCL reminding me of my cruise and my paperwork! How can I forget?????:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I got one, too. It was titled "Getting to your disney cruise." The picture had Dumbo flying by the Magic, so I showed it to DS10 (Adam) and said, "This is how they are going to be flying us to the ship."

We have DL 50th anniversary gold ears, but can't locate any of our black ears. We might just have to go with those.

I'd like to see the gold ears.

Anyone else?
DCL Alaska July 12-19 with a few days in Vancouver beforehand. Any one else on this?
Plan to book a dummy cruise because we don't know when to go again.

Anyone else?

Nothing booked as yet. But checking flight prices daily for next April for Far East...wherever and whatever will depend on the flights to whatever city we can start and end from!
Lyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter