Sept, Oct, Nov F&W Meets - Will There Be Disers At Your Event?

I just found a separate thread specifically for the 10/27 PFTS - there's some talk about maybe sharing multiple tables scattered around so everyone can move around and mingle if they want, but be assured of having some place to stop and sit their drink occasionally. Sounds like the best of both worlds to me. Rpsemont has come up with a great idea for finding each other, and the more of us there are, the better it will work! So, if you're going that evening, please come check out the thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1592581

I only have ten minutes - dinner timing...

Just thought I'd add a bit - when we got there I looked for a low table (regular as opposed to the high standing ones - with the bowl shaped stool/chairs) The first I came to in the green section (centrally located) was "occupied" I went further closer to the back blue section, a nice couple were sitting there, and I asked if we could join them - they were happy to have us! (turns out another couple started to sit there, but werent intent on conversing - we on the other hands were chatty people!) So it should be no problem for y'all to meet up with and converse with other dis'ers - in years past we never "stayed" at one table but drifted - it seems more and more people are "planting" themselves - no worries either way its an enjoyable eveing imho!!

When we ate at California Grill I talked to the chef (long story, amazing meal) and asked if he would be at our PFTS - he said he was to be at one in Oct - so I believe any offerings we had will change for any subsequent parties...

In the Red Section:
Joe Wilson: BNarcossees had a smoked Beef tenderloin with heirloom apple salad and cacoa nibs and goat cheese - again, so amazing, the goat cheese was a bit strong, but everything else!!
Tony's Town Squ Eric Brennar had an apple brandy glazed Pork Medallion with apple and cranberry slaw wich was a pleasant surprise - it was good, but then pork and apples are a great combo!!

If you get the chance do try the Maison Louis Jadot (French) wines - it was in the green section the Pouilly-Fuissse is a nice chardonay type grape that used to be highly regarded - thier red is also a pleasant light fruity red...

In the Pink section Paul Hazzard et el from the WDW development team had baby mozzerella with tomato lollipop and prosciutto hash - early on they included a large slice of prosciutto, ran out after an hour, when I mentioned it they said there was a "hash" - not the same "ah" factor - but fresh mozzerella is always a hit with a nice white - like the Pouily Fuisse

Also in Pink was the Moet and Chandon, they had 3 offerings, but I was mostly familiar with the White Star, and its quality - so I grabbed that with the strawberry cake!! (with a large fresh strawberry!! Fantastic!!)

Yellow section Tjetjep Sudiswa - Boma Spice Ostrich Bobotie - I already esponded on this - something I would never, ever dare attempt to try - it was delicious and amaxing... none of the wines near this section paired well with it however... its as if they did not even try to match wines with foods - totally separate???

and the pake had Page Weibley from Typhoon Lagoon Water park with root beer braised Bison short ribs with a vanilla scented leek fondue and candied bacon - this was also amazing - and from typhoon lagoon? I'm definately writing guest relations!!

The red wine I wasnt familar with but saw lots of offerings from different distributors was "Malbec" and Ulta Malbec - not as strong as a merlot or cab, but deeper than beaujoils (sorry about misspelling) around a Syrah maybe?!!

There is so much more here than we can taste - the chocolate truffles at the end, I just filled a cup and took them to go!! (there didnt seem a problem with this - I think I took 5 or 6 - so not exactly filling a water cup!!) They were small, and awesome!

some day I'll have time to upload the pics!

Just a heads up,
October 17th Chefs A Field is Cancelled.

I only have ten minutes - dinner timing...

Just thought I'd add a bit

Thanks for reporting on this! It sounds great, all except the smaller pours of course!

I love malbec & I would have picked the White Star also. The cognac rep didn't want to give you the vsop cognac? What's up with that? :confused3

Does anyone know if along with the chefs & rests, do the wineries change with each party also?

Does anyone know if along with the chefs & rests, do the wineries change with each party also?

The wineries do change. Some are there for longer periods of time (weeks), and others for only an event or two. If you look at the F&W Fest guide, you can usually see a pattern - a lot of the wineries doing tasting seminars, can usually be found presenting at the PFTS scheduled near that date.

Just wanted to let everyone know, the Sushi pairings are now booking - and I'll be at the one on 10/29!!

Any reviews of the food & wine pairings? And, how was everyone dressed?

I attended the F&W pairing at Tutto Italia on 9/30 and at Le Cellier on 10/5. I enjoyed both immensely and felt they were definitely worth the money. I wore what I had been wearing in the parks that day: T-shirt, shorts, tennies. I didn't see anyone dressed up but I did see some dressier shorts and polo shirts. I like the setup at Tutto Italia a little better because we were in a private room. It made it much easier to hear the speakers. At Le Cellier they had us at one long table down the middle of the restaurant and the normal lunch crowd was all around us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter