Sept, October or November?

If you do a September trip after a July trip- it is blissful 😂 It was hot, but not sticky hot like July. (At least when I sent the third week of Sept last year.

We have been there for several Thanksgiving weeks or a week or 2 after and did not find the crowds very bad and had pretty good weather. I would go then to be able to experience all of the holiday stuff.

Yes, in the past Jersey Week has been very crowded, and usually the Wine & Dine half-marathon weekend and Veterans Day fell into it as well. The weeks after that are less crowded; the week before Thanksgiving is usually the best in November.
That’s the week we are going😁

We have been there for several Thanksgiving weeks or a week or 2 after and did not find the crowds very bad and had pretty good weather. I would go then to be able to experience all of the holiday stuff.

I completely agree. Good luck deciding OP!

September can still be very warm, and Hurricane season.
October can be warm, but overall, good weather. Our favorite time.
November (outside of Jersey Week), can be fun. If you pick the right week, you can see the halloween decorations and Christmas decorations. The weather tends to be very good.

We've been a few times during each of those three months. September is always hot with rainfall, October is more comfortable but noticeably more crowded, and November is probably the least crowded but very hit or miss with the weather. Of our three November trips, we've experienced wide ranges of temperatures - from 80s one day to a high in the 50s the next day. A high in the 50s doesn't sound terrible, but the outdoor rides whipping you through the wind are a drag. I remember having a hoodie on with a fleece jacket over it being miserably cold on the safari to the point where I was searching for gloves to buy when I got off. Being hot or caught in thunderstorms is not much better.

Because of the weather, we like October best. With a good strategy, you can still handle the crowds and rides well. But weather is something you can't control and I think people sometimes underestimate what an impact that can have on your trip. You may get a rogue excessively hot or rainy day in October, but it's not as likely as it would be in September or November - at least not in my experience. And as far as crowds go, it remains to be seen what it will be like next year depending on what they do for the 50th and how Covid plays out.

We are thinking about the same months....we've had several August trips- is September worse? We loved the weather and decorations in October, but it was definitely the most crowded trip we've ever had ( both October trips). I think the Halloween party is worth doing once- it was expensive but fun and Im glad we have the memory and pictures. Leaning towards a Nov. trip next time, but spending time at at the pools is a huge part of our vacation so I'm following to see what people say about being able to do that!

September can still be very warm, and Hurricane season.
October can be warm, but overall, good weather. Our favorite time.
November (outside of Jersey Week), can be fun. If you pick the right week, you can see the halloween decorations and Christmas decorations. The weather tends to be very good.
Does the change over of decorations happen at the same dates each year? That might be awesome!

Schools in New Jersey have several days off during the early part of November and many take advantage of the kids only having to miss a couple of days of school to get a week at Disney hence “Jersey Week”

We went Jersey Week in 2016 and it was pretty crowded at times but if you have a good plan, it’s manageable. We really only noticed it at MK. The weather was perfect (high 70’s/low 80’s) for swimming but not being too hot in the parks. We had good luck too with a trip mid December and were able to swim then too.

We are also planning now for fall 2021 after 2 canceled trips this year due to Covid. 😭 Like OP, torn between October and November. Swimming is important to us, but the Xmas decorations can’t be beat!

[we were at Disney at the end of October 2019 into November 2019. You get the Halloween decorations, Halloween parade, food and wine and the concerts, plus some Christmas decorations around November 3rd and beyond. So it’s a good time of year to go. Weather is good, warm, a few hot days, nice nights. QUOTE="Gamble20, post: 62248774, member: 668654"]
Hi all - hopefully my last question for a while. I’ve been saving to take my family to Disney for about three years and always planned to visit Sept 2021. However, recently I’ve become undecided on which month is more attractive.

I know from a price and crowd standpoint September is best. However, the lower amounts of rain in November (plus holiday decor?) sounds nice too. Pre-Thanksgiving of course. I am also hearing rumors now that Disney may be putting off 50th anniversary celebrations until Oct. I went to the park during the infamous birthday cake castle 25th ani as a kid, so I thought it’d be cool to be a part of the 50th celebrations too. But with two younger kids and a wife who is.. less disney enthusiastic (she enjoys it, but not like me) I don’t know if we want significantly more crowds.

Any advice on which month you would go with?
[/QUOTE]

I like late October/early November. Weather is pleasant and crowds usually aren't too bad.

Having said that, who knows what next year will look like. From reading these boards is sounds like a lot of people rescheduled their this year summer/fall trips to next fall, so I would be prepared for WDW to be more crowded than usual.

Hi all - hopefully my last question for a while. I’ve been saving to take my family to Disney for about three years and always planned to visit Sept 2021. However, recently I’ve become undecided on which month is more attractive.

We were there last year the last week of October and we left on the day they put up the Christmas decorations. The crowds were not too bad and the weather was great. I think the crowds picked up a bit closer to the weekend with Halloween and the Christmas decorations going up. There's a plus side to doing a trip that straddles the Halloween/Christmas decorations cause you'll get to see a bit of both and shop the merchandise for both if you like shopping.

Downside is possible hurricanes. We went once at the end of Sept/begin of Oct. and just missed a hurricane. It wouldn't have been horrible down there but would have killed my flight down. Even if you wouldn't mind be down there during a hurricane - if it delays your flight in by a day or two or three...that would be painful! I think just before Thanksgiving would be ideal for that concern.

I know from a price and crowd standpoint September is best. However, the lower amounts of rain in November (plus holiday decor?) sounds nice too. Pre-Thanksgiving of course. I am also hearing rumors now that Disney may be putting off 50th anniversary celebrations until Oct. I went to the park during the infamous birthday cake castle 25th ani as a kid, so I thought it’d be cool to be a part of the 50th celebrations too. But with two younger kids and a wife who is.. less disney enthusiastic (she enjoys it, but not like me) I don’t know if we want significantly more crowds.

My personal favorite time to visit is November. We usually go around my husbands bday, Nov 10-16 timeframe so we avoid Jersey week. Weather is hit or miss, it can be 40 or 80 but it’s almost always pleasant during midday so it’s definitely hoodie/layer weather since it might be 50 at 10am and then 80 by 2pm. The Christmas atmosphere is magical too which helps. But it is more expensive.

The only two benefits of September are cost savings and crowds.

October is a toss up. Weather is better than September but it’s grown to be very crowded in October. If Halloween is your thing, then I’d consider an October trip.

Do realize that nobody knows what WDW crowds will be like in 2021, my comments are all based on more normal years’ experiences. For some non Disney fanatic feedback on time of year to visit, my husband’s favorite time to go is November around his bday.

As for swimming, are you talking about a heated pool or not? Makes a big difference.
All pools at WDW are heated. With that said I’m kind of a baby and don’t swim when it’s cold out, which for me is below 75 or so. My kids will swim but not us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter