September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
PrettyInTink said:
177! I'm a slacker!
Gotta get posting.
Boy are the people in the party america store gonna think we are some kind of freaks when they see dh trying on their grass skirts :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Don't feel so bad about on-lookers when you try on grass skirts. Ya know... way before the GSF was even mentioned (right after I introduced myself as joining the cruise here) I already HAD a grass skirt on hand!!!!

Don't ask me to explain THAT one... well... OK... I don't really know what we're doing with one in an adult size ... but when my spouse saw some of the funny modified pictures with ME appearing in a grass skirt she started asking what it was all about - and I said I might have to consider going aboard with one ... and she dug one up from storage!!!! Yeah... we already had one. I still wonder a bit. :confused3

#3​

Tigger&Bubba said:
I'm still working on excursions. :crazy: I really want to do an aerial tour. Waiting for a reply. Got my fingers crossed for a great one. Antigua, Montserrat. pixiedust:

FIXED WING? We did something like that in Grand Cayman ... and you can count us among those who would be "interested" in anything that developed here - depending on timing and all the other variables that go into getting everyone on the "same page"! :thumbsup2

#4​

LetsGoSteelers said:
pirate: pirate: Gotcha! pirate: pirate:

WOOOOO HOOOOOO......!!!

:dancer: 8000! :dancer:
............. party:

:cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

:banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

:dance3: :woohoo: :dance3: :woohoo: :dance3: :woohoo:

Papa - you were had!!! Okay IMonso - you dirty rat (said in my best cheesy voice possible)

Okay, I quickly caught up and now I must go...taking little one to pre-k and then Hubby will be picking up MIL today for a few days visit. How exciting!?!? We'll probably be doing quite a bit of shopping...

BBFN!

Now, look at that. :thumbsup2 I didn't even try and I ended up getting the bottom post and the top post all in a day! Well, now.... :cool1:

(At least on my computer I got the top and the bottom - and, yeah, that's all that counts.) :rotfl: :goodvibes

Good morning all. I've given up hope on trying to keep up with the boards. So, if there is anything major I am missing- someone please tell me.

Scott, I wanted to let you know that I did better with the ear thing and scuba on Sunday. As I was by myself at the deep end of the pool- I was able to go down at my own pace and take the time to clear my ears. I think when I was working in pairs that I felt like I had to keep up with them- and hence the two holes in my left ear drum.

For anyone thinking about putting their little kids in a bubble makers scuba class, I would highly recommend it! Noah loved it. They let them hang out in full scuba gear, but couldn't go past 4 feet. He did great and had fun. After the older kids went to the deep end of the pool, he practiced his snorkeling skills.

Have a great day everyone! :cheer2:

Don't forget to sign up for Secret Mickey's! You must PM me or Minniemouse71 depending on your age the information listed below.

glindamood said:
Secret Mickey

Are you interested in being a Secret Mickey (secret pal) while we are on our cruise? . We will have two categories – one for the under 21 group that would like to participate (we will further divide this group based on responses to match as closely as possible) and another for the adults. Dollar limit on total number of gifts for the under 21 age group is $20-$25 ($4-$5 each) and the adults $30-$35 ($6-$7 each gift). You will need to provide at least five gifts for your SM.

If you are interested, we need the following information in a PM
· DIS name of at least one family member
· Real name and age if in the U21 group, grade too
· Cabin number (for deliveries)
· Favorite Disney character
. Favorite color
· Your likes (DCL, scrapbooking, collects stamps, wine, Konk Koolers
(hey, I'll have one of those), wine, the beach)
· Any specific dislikes (I don’t drink, allergic to peanuts)
· Departure date for your cruise vacation

This information will be passed on to the person that is your SM so let us know whatever would help them be a good SM for you.

We will have a get together on one of the last two sea days returning to Castaway to “fess up” and thank our SM for being so thoughtful and making our cruise even better.

Please send your PM’s to Minniemouse71 for the under 21’s and I will take the adult’s notices no later than August 25th. You will have your SM before you leave for your cruise vacation – in case you want to do some shopping at home.

Questions – ask away.

Only 5 posts? What's with that? I'm sure I've done more than that! Oh well clearly not.

Just noticed this slightly older posting from ... Sunday?.....

BethE said:
But, but, but....you don't understand! You travel around all day, every day, with your husband. You see each other day in, day out. My situation is a little bit different....

I fell in love :love: with someone who lives all the way across the country from me. I live on the west coast and he lives in Michigan. He was just here for 5 weeks and during that time I fell 4 weeks (at least!) behind on all my computer stuff. Now he's gone home (until the cruise) and I'm finally able to get caught up -- if you all would just stop posting so dang much! :badpc:

I really am trying to help organize a few things for the cruise, so I will be posting a few posts tonight. I will try to stay more involved from here on, but real life does get in the way! And I can't read or post from work like some of you do, so if I come home from work to 10 or 20 new pages, well, I'm sure you know how that goes. I spend every night trying to catch up!

So if you don't hear from me on a regular basis, that's why. :guilty:

Beth
aka Captain Bess Flint pirate:

Beth....

you're totally RIGHT... and in my book you're A-OK. And more so if you would join us in our rally against the "Emporer" of the Souther Carib Republic ... soon to be renamed "Empire of the Southern Carib 17th Cruise"... maybe. The Dark side of the "Force" is powerful... CONSUME you it will (so Yoda sez-yeah... like it's gonna TAKE ME OVER or something... right?!?). SO ... if you'd embrace the Dark Side of the Force than I'm sure this mad 10 a day posting thing would get you in it's talons!

emperor_bush_dictator_quote.jpg

So - join with us in resisting the Sith Emporer - LOL!!!!

Please don't judge my silly rampage here. I know I'm not all that perfect in my prose and humor - but I try. :rolleyes: Oh is that what you call it.

Oh yeah... Wasn't I going to sleep? Yeah - I was... and now I'm not ... and maybe in a few minutes I will again.

But - I was awakened by my spouse and asked to LOOK for something online... and I did ... and now Im awake again. :confused3 Go figure...

#6​

gismo1554 said:
Only 5 posts? What's with that? I'm sure I've done more than that! Oh well clearly not.

GISMO....

Join us in resisting the Emporer - by making a run at 5 or 10 postings a day! Join the fray and lets' let the emporer know the republic and democracy lives! OK.... I think I'm mixing my Star Wars movie "bites" badly now. And (for me) this being early AM is probably why it's so. :goodvibes

But ... with 5 (no - now 6) posts to date .... I'd say, ... young Jedi .... much you have to .... contribute... or so - that's almost how Yoda might have quipped it!

Rubes_yoda_comic.jpg

So - with that - I think I speak for all of us when I invite you to contribute more postings - and more frequently! The more the merrier, so to speak!

#7​

Eeyore1928 said:
You guys are rocking tonight....just might make the 8,000 mark tonight. Are we on track for the big 10,000 mark? Anyone know?

From the last time I spoke of the 10 a day from 10 enthusiasts post... I had estimated we would barely make it in given the number of days remaining ... And now I'd say with less than 2000 to go and 39 days til embarkation... "I" could get us to 10,000 by myself ... well with a little help from SCOTT H (889); Hygiene99 (788) and BobandLee (682)! LOL! :lmao: Well... it would go a lot easier with a teaming mob of happy DIS folks too!

So... lets' not slacken the pace... as 2,000 is still a huge intimidating number. And it really is not about getting to 10,000... or even your personal tally for total contributions to the thread... it's really all about what YOU are getting out of this "community" conversation here. Yeah, some folks only have ... 6 .... postings. That's fine. AS 6 is more than 1 - or none. AND maybe 6 is all that are needed. Fewer comments - greater impact maybe? Or conversely... like ME ... more postings and verbage and potentially NO impact! BUT - just the same - step up and read, post or move aside and make room for your cabin mate (if there is one) to check out the thread and consider joining actively in evolving fun! :thumbsup2

In case anyone was wondering ... that was the emereging "dictator" in me... as didn't Anakin tell Padame that he (and her) could rule the Galaxy once that inconvenient Sith Lord .. Darth Scott ... er rather Sideous has been overtaken in the posting count. Like THAT willl ever happen! LOL!

Palpatine006.jpg

BobandLee said:
Now these are my jammies...
cp090s2mt.jpg

need to find something appropriate for the top part. :lmao:

Hey Bob Those are KEWL!!! Where did ya find them????

I have seen one of the entrants for the younger group and all I can say is I'm glad we're not in that category!! :thumbsup2 :cool1: Christina you did a great job!!

Today's going to be a lot harder for me to get to 10 posts. Between work and golf tonight, don't know if it will happen. This is post #3 for me today. :rolleyes:

BobandLee said:
O.K. Pete, ya talked me into it.....

Tomorrow Night, same bat time, same bat channel...........

jimmy_buffett.jpg

listen in on Radio Margaritaville and join Scott and I in our parrothead "banter" @8 edt

Jimmy's going to be in Indy and I am going to be home! :sad:
but Thank God the Tiki Bar will be Open.

I'll be there, "the Lord willing and the creek don't rise".... trivia question, who used to end his TV show with that line???? This one really date me. But I named my first dog after him, a beagle non the less.

I just bought some pirates of the caribbean PJs from DisneyShopping. 20% off next three days. Of course, I had to get a new tie for Bill and a couple other things too :rotfl2:

Scott H said:
I'll be there, "the Lord willing and the creek don't rise".... trivia question, who used to end his TV show with that line???? This one really date me. But I named my first dog after him, a beagle non the less.

Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts?

LetsGoSteelers said:
That was my concern, we were looking at the Herod's tour that is 7.5 hrs.....not sure that is going to work if we are only there from 12-7pm.

Anyone else doing the Herod's tour?

Is that 7.5 hours of taking a census???? get it Census - Herod -- King Herod.... :teeth: :teeth: :rotfl:

OK OK OK Sorry

BobandLee said:
WOW. We passed 7800 and CaptainCrunch was not here to cheer us on! :cheer2:

Well...

... even though it may sometimes seem as if I'm a bit of a NUT :crazy: here with volume and nature of MY contontributions here (if you can call them that) I do have pending issues off the DIS. Eat, sleep (yes I actually sleep every other day - or so it seems sometimes!) and work/play and so on.

ANd I am sorry I was not there to cheer everyone on with the passing of 7800 a few days ago! I just noticed there was a series of postings I had NOT seen til now. And i am about to try and go catch some shut eye before the kids wake me up later this morning!

I just gotta wander backwards a little bit more to get to a posting where I can post a 10th meaninful contribution/reply for today :rolleyes: ....

#9​

I am assembling my Mickey gifts. This is major fun. I have two of the five ready to go. (I had to get one of each for myself as well). :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter