September 2011 - We are going to Disney World {THIS MONTH}! (Third Thread)

yeah I didn't order the book and I didn't do any edits on the pictures. I thought about it but there wasn't really anything I wanted to do to them and I just didn't feel like it LOL.

it took about one week for them to make it and for it to arrive in my mailbox :)

Once you get the CD, can you download the pics to your computer? I wasn't going to bother editing the before I ordered the CD because I just figured I'd do it after. Our book from our last vacation is beautiful! I can't wait to get started on this one, I've got to get on it!

How long exactly do we have to finish the photo book? I know the cd is only 30 days. I havent even started on my book yet.:scared1:

Actually, you have loads of time before the PhotoBook voucher expires; the date on mine is 1/2013.:thumbsup2 I'm rushing because the storage policy for the PhotoPass system is 30 days. I'm using stuff off of the CD and my camera, so I don't want to have to upload the pictures again. Plus I'm impatient, and can't wait to get the book.:banana:

Actually, you have loads of time before the PhotoBook voucher expires; the date on mine is 1/2013.:thumbsup2 I'm rushing because the storage policy for the PhotoPass system is 30 days. I'm using stuff off of the CD and my camera, so I don't want to have to upload the pictures again. Plus I'm impatient, and can't wait to get the book.:banana:

I will make my book soon. I can't believe you guys didn't edit the pics. Did a lot of making them black and white and then adding borders which appear in color. Mine has been done for a week or so. I will upload it Monday after the kids go to school.

Glad to hear the last of our group getting home safely and enjoying their trips. Welcome back everyone!

ShhhQ: Hats off to you for following through on your letter. I always think I'll do that when we get extra magic, but never do it. Nice to hear they really seem to care about hearing the good. I know they hear about the bad things often enough! Glad also that your DM is doing so much better. Hope it works out for you and your friend to get back next year.:goodvibes

Congrats on the new job, Smile4me. Sounds like it will be a good fit. Hope you like it.:thumbsup2

Things seem to be really winding down on this thread. I still love to read about what every is up to. Do all of you decorate a lot for Halloween? I used to when the kids were home, but lately have just put a few pumpkins out with some corn shocks and Indian corn on the columns on our porch. Our neighborhood does this thing called Boo to You where someone leaves a bag of candy at your door and rings your bell then runs away so you don't know who left it. Then, you are supposed to do that to two other neighbors. You put a picture of a Ghost (included in the bag) on your door so you only get booed once. This was new to us last year and it's kinda fun. Has anyone done this?

This is a great thread!:goodvibes Not sure what Dh and I will do for Halloween this year. It`s hard to top MNSSHP. On the weekend we might got to a place called Kings Landing, an 1800 settlement where they show what Halloween was like back then. Ghost stories and a haunted woods...and a good meal.

I`ve never heard about Boo to You. It sounds like lots of fun.:goodvibes

I told my daughter I keep feeling like Halloween is over, since we already did the whole costumes/trick or treat thing at MNSSHP. That feeling is actually why I think we decided on Jan next time, not Nov/Dec.

We have some decorations up but nothing too crazy. Need to go out and get the most important Halloween supply of all, the candy for the trick or treaters :thumbsup2 Headed to BJs this week for a couple cases of candy bars.

Had fun today watching Disney surprise trip FAILS on youtube. So funny!!

Love the boo to you candy idea - have to try that with my friends, not really chummy with the neighbors.

Heading to youtube for the fails. Already laughing - how evil am I?

Okay, that didn't go well. I am watching the "I wanted to go to Chuckie Cheese" boy and laughing my a** off. I call in the girls (remember, they are almost 22 and 21) and start sharing some of the fails with them and they think this is my way of telling them we are going again (like now). Almost had a Disney meltdown of our own and I still can't stop laughing. We are going to have to get back this winter or there will be a mutiny here. Good thing they offered to pay for themselves this time. I am anticipating next year's trip, but DD22 is not sure when they will be Disneymooning and wants both families to join them there towards the end of next year prolly. Ahhh memories, precious, precious memories. :rotfl2:

Okay, that didn't go well. I am watching the "I wanted to go to Chuckie Cheese" boy and laughing my a** off. I call in the girls (remember, they are almost 22 and 21) and start sharing some of the fails with them and they think this is my way of telling them we are going again (like now). Almost had a Disney meltdown of our own and I still can't stop laughing. We are going to have to get back this winter or there will be a mutiny here. Good thing they offered to pay for themselves this time. I am anticipating next year's trip, but DD22 is not sure when they will be Disneymooning and wants both families to join them there towards the end of next year prolly. Ahhh memories, precious, precious memories. :rotfl2:

Some of those fails are freaking hysterical! There's one though where the three kids acted all sullen, and wanted to go to their uncle's house. I think I would have taken the neighbors' kids before that bunch.:scared1:We don't do a lot of decorating for Halloween, but come Black Friday it looks like Santa threw up on my house and lawn. :rotfl2: And we have no neighbors to Boo, our closest neighbors are a big family of does that show up every morning to pick persimmons off of our trees. We're rural with a capital R; my DH and I both have a commute well over an hour to our jobs.
Due to lack of participation, they're probably going to cancel our Disney field trip. It's a massively expensive field trip, for certain. Our six night package including tickets and all of our food for four of us was cheaper than this field trip. :confused: I'm trying not to pout, it's very unbecoming of a woman in her thirties.:rotfl:I'm concentrating on Dollywood, as they have a coaster that I am NOT looking forward to, but I don't want to look a wuss in front of the kids if I can avoid it. :rolleyes1

In a weird twist of events, we just booked a cruise for September 2012!

Well, I should say we put a hold on one. We have 5 days to pay a deposit or the reservation is cancelled. We had been waiting for Disney to release their 2013 cruise prices. Well, they finally released them and, to everyone's dismay, they are really high! We were expecting 2013 rates to be so low that it would be a no-brainer between cruising in 2012 versus 2013. Generally, you get a great discount for booking 2 years in advance (i.e., booking now in 2011 for a cruise in 2013). However, since 2012 is now comparable to 2013 (and we received a 10% off pin for booking in 2012), we figured why wait. So we have 5 days to confirm the booking, and then we can still cancel by June and receive all our money back.

So (for now!) September here we come! We are expecting to spend one day at Disney World prior to the cruise. :banana:

In a weird twist of events, we just booked a cruise for September 2012!

Well, I should say we put a hold on one. We have 5 days to pay a deposit or the reservation is cancelled. We had been waiting for Disney to release their 2013 cruise prices. Well, they finally released them and, to everyone's dismay, they are really high! We were expecting 2013 rates to be so low that it would be a no-brainer between cruising in 2012 versus 2013. Generally, you get a great discount for booking 2 years in advance (i.e., booking now in 2011 for a cruise in 2013). However, since 2012 is now comparable to 2013 (and we received a 10% off pin for booking in 2012), we figured why wait. So we have 5 days to confirm the booking, and then we can still cancel by June and receive all our money back.

So (for now!) September here we come! We are expecting to spend one day at Disney World prior to the cruise. :banana:

Awesome news!! There is a September 2012 thread started by someone from this thread. anjalee6 started it. I will find the link and put it up here.

Sept 2012 planners

Congrats on booking ThereYouSeeHer! I thought the 2013 cruises seemed high considering 2 years out is supposed to be the best prices they release.

And I will probably stalk the new thread :laughing:

I am waiting for a Jan 2013 thread, though don't think anyone is crazy enough for one yet. I'd start one but I would be no good at keeping it updated regularly.

Awesome news!! There is a September 2012 thread started by someone from this thread. anjalee6 started it. I will find the link and put it up here.

Sept 2012 planners

Congrats on booking ThereYouSeeHer! I thought the 2013 cruises seemed high considering 2 years out is supposed to be the best prices they release.

I am waiting for a Jan 2013 thread, though don't think anyone is crazy enough for one yet. I'd start one but I would be no good at keeping it updated regularly.
Thanks!

We felt our first cruise was so short that we needed a re-do to see everything we missed. And when I asked the kiddos about WDW versus a cruise, I was surprised they were so adamant about going on a cruise again. I was really close to booking a late November or December cruise to see decorations, but the September date worked out better. Christmas at Disney will have to wait, yet again!

Off to the September thread!

I'm sorry that I've bailed on you guys. It's just been INSANE around here! Since we've been home from Disney my husband and I have started a new company and today my husband resigned from his current job. It was a HUGE decision, but we're very excited at the possibilities. We're also planning our next WDW vacation. If all goes as planned from now until then, we will be staying 7 nights at AKL from Sept. 29 until Oct. 6, 2012. I'm excited to see that someone started a September 2012 thread! I hope to see a lot of you over there.

I'm sorry that I've bailed on you guys. It's just been INSANE around here! Since we've been home from Disney my husband and I have started a new company and today my husband resigned from his current job. It was a HUGE decision, but we're very excited at the possibilities. We're also planning our next WDW vacation. If all goes as planned from now until then, we will be staying 7 nights at AKL from Sept. 29 until Oct. 6, 2012. I'm excited to see that someone started a September 2012 thread! I hope to see a lot of you over there.
That is a huge decision! Best wishes for a successful business venture!!

Since we've been home from Disney my husband and I have started a new company and today my husband resigned from his current job. It was a HUGE decision, but we're very excited at the possibilities.

Congrats! That's a huge move and I wish you the absolute best! We did the same thing 12 years ago and it was the best decision we have ever made (apart from getting married :lovestruc). Being in it together will help you over the ups and downs.

It isn't just a Jan 2013 thread but I did start a 2013 thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter