September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

So we are at the airport, sad to go home, but happy to have met some of you. Our first DVC cruise(and first Disney Cruise ) was wonderful, our worries about seasickness were not necessary, as last night was really the first night we felt the ship chugging along. Thanks to Johnny Quest for all his work with the cabin crawl, the bus pickups and more. It was fun to put names and faces together. And to see the Concierge suites and more was a treat!

We ended up meeting the DVC deer nut and the Canadian connection at the sail away party, and in honor of Michael J Fox, and Michael Buble, were happy to be Canadians for the day! You all made our trip so much more enjoyable. We met Blossom there, too.

We totally lucked out in table mates as well ! The swag was fun to get.....the FE stuff a lot of work, and a lot of fun. I think we needed a few more days to get to know the ship. I feel like we only saw half of it. Castaway Cay was dreamy, even for two people who grew up and live on an Island (Long)!

Hope to meet more of you next time! Deb and Jed

Will someone post what type of wonderful 'treasures' you got on your bed? Those are always fun! Also did anyone remember the add on incentives they offered? Love to hear these details!!

DW and I thoroughly enjoyed the member cruise -- the special events, the relaxed atmosphere, the wonderful weather, getting to meet other DVC members. Our only "complaint" (and dutifully mentioned on our comment card) was that cruise was too short -- it needs to be a 7 day cruise next time!

Just wanted to thank everyone for the great, fun FE gifts and Anniversary greetings we received from our FE group... made the cruise such fun... Always interesting to see what everyone comes up with for FE gift ideas!!

:thumbsup2

How exciting for all of you!!! What kind of dvc goodies did they give? Goal is to go to next year's member cruise. :)

pepe3penelope said:
How exciting for all of you!!! What kind of dvc goodies did they give? Goal is to go to next year's member cruise. :)

Day 1 when we arrived at our cabin, we had a suitcase filled with a sports bottle, a tote bag, a hat sunglasses and a cup holder to go in the sand.

Day 2 were Castaway Cay watches.

Day 3 was a lovely passport/traveldoc case.

Day 4 was an iron lawn stake with a Mickey head on top and 4 flags. We also got a pin last night.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just a quick thank you for all those who participated in our FE group. What wonderful gifts we received. We loved to come back to the cabin and find the FE overflowing!

Day 1 when we arrived at our cabin, we had a suitcase filled with a sports bottle, a tote bag, a hat sunglasses and a cup holder to go in the sand.

Day 2 were Castaway Cay watches.

Day 3 was a lovely passport/traveldoc case.

Day 4 was an iron lawn stake with a Mickey head on top and 4 flags. We also got a pin last night.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you for letting me know what the daily giveaways were. They must have been soooo cool to see when you arrived in your cabin!

Sorry we missed the cabin crawl. I think we went to the wrong start point at the wrong time because when we got there we were the only ones. Hope you all had fun! We hope to make the next member cruse!

Thanks to everyone for the lovely FE gifts. We enjoyed coming back to the cabin to see our FE overflowing. I hate that I missed the meet n greet because I didn't get to match too many faces with names.

We spent ystdy and today at Universal Studios and I am whooped. Leaving tomorrow for home on my bday!

I didn't do much at all on this cruise like I did the last member cruise. And I enjoyed doing absolutely nothing! We did two 5ks and rode the bikes and I didn't overeat!

My son Mateo was one of the kids in the finale show with Mary Poppins learning Supercalifragilistic... He totally had a balll!

Next cruise is a b2b med with the transatlantic (3 weeks!) next summer so doubt we will do the fall member cruise next year. :-(

I'm sure our cruise paths will cross again.

Take good care.

Natalie

Thank you for all the FE gifts. Slept through the cabin crawl. Had a great vacation. We just got the box with everyone's gift back today. Great timing. It went to MA and NJ before FL then back to CA. Again if you you'd like your gift from us send me your address and I shall send it out to you. Can't wait till our next sailing, hoping to do Alaska next summer!

Now that we are home here in So Cal, I am overwhelmed with wonderful memories of this member cruise, and the days before and after. I wanted to give a big THANK YOU to the members of the Adult 1 FE list (and some sneaky others) for the wonderful FE gifts! They were awesome! You all are too kind and talented.
We had wonderful friends from the Member Cruise last September join with us again this year for wonderful memory making, adventure, luxurious transport, and laughter making!! We plan now to cruise regularly together! Thank you SO MUCH DEAR FRIENDS!
We were blessed to meet up with our first cruise buddies from 2010 too and met for a "Family" dinner at Ohana!!! 3 years was way too long!
These times are forever wonderful and etched in our hearts as treasured moments, setting the place mark for future memories yet to be made. The enrichment of our lives is guaranteed!
It will be a while before we can cruise again, but we are confident we will meet again!
This cruise we did the snorkel adventure and wave runners. PM me if anyone has questions.
Mike and Cindy

Thank you for all the FE gifts. Slept through the cabin crawl. Had a great vacation. We just got the box with everyone's gift back today. Great timing. It went to MA and NJ before FL then back to CA. Again if you you'd like your gift from us send me your address and I shall send it out to you. Can't wait till our next sailing, hoping to do Alaska next summer!

Did you happen to get the note I left on your fish with our addresses? If not, I will send an email

Did you happen to get the note I left on your fish with our addresses? If not, I will send an email

I did, I'll get it out to you this week. Almost done unpacking and finding a home for everything. I've learned my lesson. No trusting the mail again. I am taking it with me from here on out!

I just wanted to say a BIG THANKS to all my new friends aboard the DISNEY DREAM. It was a pleasure to meet a lot of you at the Meet and Greet on the 29th at Currents. I want to give a special Thanks to Poison Ivy who opened up her Cabana. I brought my mother and my sister with me on this cruise. She was so overwhelmed with the generosity of others. Said that this was a cruise of a lifetime and never in her life would of experience something like this. You see on 9/21 was 18 months that my father passed away and I had been trying for a number of years to get them both on a cruise aboard DCL, She was afraid that if anything happened while on the cruise, he would be away from medical attention that he would need. This cruise was the first time that I saw her actually laugh and have fun for a long time.

This was our first Disney cruise and we had a wonderful time. We definitely would like to do a Disney cruise again, but bring our teenage kids along. We think they would enjoy it.

A huge thanks to Johnny Quest and Poison Ivy for organizing the On Board Meet, the cabin crawl and the Happy Limo transportation. For graciously offering their Cabana, hosting a lovely social gathering after the cabin crawl and arranging a tour of the Walt Disney and Roy Disney staterooms. Gave us a taste of how the other half lives. It is DIS'ers like Johnny Quest and Poison Ivy that makes DISboards a great place to visit. You guys ROCK!!!

I took some pictures along the way. I'll post what I have (I was too busy having fun to stop and take pictures!) once I get around to downloading them. We got busy as soon as we got home. Sigh...it was nice to get off the roller coaster even for a little while.

Today is my first day back in Reality Land, which sucks! LOL! Can't really complain, since I can work from home, but I will complain anyway. I feel like we were in a real Fantasy Land, and have great memories of the WDW time, and the cruise. The gala for the 100th anniversary of our Parish was a great success, and now today, I am back to work. :(

If anyone took pictures of the Walt Disney/Roy Disney Suites and would be willing to share them, please send me a note to cbennett724@comcast.net. My mom really enjoyed it but I only got the door of the suite. Would love to put them in a photo book and present it to her for a christmas present.

This was our first Disney cruise and we had a wonderful time. We definitely would like to do a Disney cruise again, but bring our teenage kids along. We think they would enjoy it.

A huge thanks to Johnny Quest and Poison Ivy for organizing the On Board Meet, the cabin crawl and the Happy Limo transportation. For graciously offering their Cabana, hosting a lovely social gathering after the cabin crawl and arranging a tour of the Walt Disney and Roy Disney staterooms. Gave us a taste of how the other half lives. It is DIS'ers like Johnny Quest and Poison Ivy that makes DISboards a great place to visit. You guys ROCK!!!

I took some pictures along the way. I'll post what I have (I was too busy having fun to stop and take pictures!) once I get around to downloading them. We got busy as soon as we got home. Sigh...it was nice to get off the roller coaster even for a little while.

Well, we are still here at WDW. Sitting in a treehouse right now avoiding a little rain and eating dinner. Gives me a chance to think about how fantastic our cruise was.

This cruise was absolutely amazing!

The bus ride went very smoothly in both directions thanks to everyone's cooperation.

The cabin crawl was a great time. It was nice to have the chance to sit down with everyone and connect on a more personal level. Christine and I were very excited to have the opportunity to share our experience with others.

Thanks to everyone for some great FE gifts.

You are all very kind, hospitable people and we are happy to have taken part in this cruise. Can't wait to see some pics and reports.

Had a great time,
Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter