Service Unavailable Error

Hopefully they’re working on it coz it is getting worse for me. Happened at least 4 times yesterday, including late last evening. It happened when I tried to get on this morning. Went to Verizon data & hot spot to get on. Seems to be the only way I can get on now.
This is the only semi-reliable method I have been able to use for the past two or three days. iPhone or Verizon hotspot through phone for connecting my laptop. Until the Verizon connection errors, but that seems to be slightly less often.

What has worked for me is switching to one of the other 2 wifi connections I have at home. My router has 3 options, and if I switch to a new connection, the site comes back up.

@WebmasterAlex thanks for the update, been having the issue on and off but yesterday at home was really bad, worked this morning and checked from work and got the same error messages. I started a log, but it's at home.

Everything on the internet operates by numbers. There is a system called DNS that translates what we see, disboards.com to the correct number 108.171.164.208 since it would be pretty inconvenient to remember that number all the time, When we moved boards I told our DNS provider to switch from our old address to the new one. DNS records also have something called a time to live, meaning that is how long a DNS server is supposed to wait before getting a new record from it's source. Unfortunately some DNS servers appear to be stuck and giving an old bad address. Since the DNS servers are run by your provider we have no control over this and neither does our host xenforo. I have changed the time to live settings on our DNS as this will force an update and maybe wake up some of the stuck servers. If your stuck on windows you can go to a command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns it might help in some cases. Here is a link that describes how to do it on a Mac https://phoenixnap.com/kb/how-to-flush-dns-cache
I was having the "Service Unable" error again today. I have Spectrum internet. I was unable to connect to a DIS page through Chrome but I was through Firefox. I cleared the DNS cache using ipconfig and I was able to refresh the problem page on Chrome and it connected fine.

What has worked for me is switching to one of the other 2 wifi connections I have at home. My router has 3 options, and if I switch to a new connection, the site comes back up.
I liked this idea, seemed like an easy thing to try (and we have 4 different WiFi connections for reasons my software engineer / info sec DH could explain, I'm sure lol). But it only worked when I both switched WiFi AND the browser. This is a wacky game that I'm getting tired of playing! At this point, I feel like we're all being told to stay off disboards and find new diversions. 😂

I liked this idea, seemed like an easy thing to try (and we have 4 different WiFi connections for reasons my software engineer / info sec DH could explain, I'm sure lol). But it only worked when I both switched WiFi AND the browser. This is a wacky game that I'm getting tired of playing! At this point, I feel like we're all being told to stay off disboards and find new diversions. 😂
I would hate to be someone on the rental boards dealing with this...

I'm having the same issue right now. I can connect fine on my phone, but my laptop - using both chrome and Firefox - I get this error.

I would hate to be someone on the rental boards dealing with this...
I've been a little worried about that, too. R/T attracts a lot of newbies.

Error is still happening to me. Was out from about 3 pm central last night (7/13) until at least 10 pm when I gave up and went to bed. Hoping this did not affect @Chuck S . R/T has been fairly busy lately. Hope solution can be found soon.

Good suggestion! :thumbsup2 Thanks!
That worked for me this morning.

What what it's worth, I think this may be a "cookie" issue.
I refreshed my browser this morning after leaving it last night and received the "unavailable" error.
So, then I launched a new "incognito" browser and navigated to Disboards. The site came up perfectly fine. I went back to my main browser and refreshed to an "unavailable" page.
I then cleared my cookies and cache on the main browser. The site was available again.

I have a feeling like there may be a date/time stamp may be being written to a cookie and it's not being updated again after some time causing the error.
If it was just me, I would say that it's my browser/computer causing this cookie corruption.
Since it's more wide spread, it may be the site code. Were there any updates recently?

Update from Ireland, just back in after getting the error for the past 2 hours. Its now 2.15pm Irish time / 9.15am Orlando time.

What what it's worth, I think this may be a "cookie" issue.
I refreshed my browser this morning after leaving it last night and received the "unavailable" error.
So, then I launched a new "incognito" browser and navigated to Disboards. The site came up perfectly fine. I went back to my main browser and refreshed to an "unavailable" page.
I then cleared my cookies and cache on the main browser. The site was available again.

I have a feeling like there may be a date/time stamp may be being written to a cookie and it's not being updated again after some time causing the error.
If it was just me, I would say that it's my browser/computer causing this cookie corruption.
Since it's more wide spread, it may be the site code. Were there any updates recently?
Ǹot a cookie issue for me. I've cleared cookies, cache and everything else Chrome lets me get rid of, followed by closing the browser & then restarting device. Also tried incognito and other browsers. No joy. :( I can access all other websites, including wdwinfo.com and DVCFan.com. Has to be something else, probably unique to DIS/Xenfro relationship.

Not a cookie issue for me either, that was the first thing I tried. And Incognito and using a different browser. My go to is Chrome but I also got the error on Edge.

At this stage I know its nothing to do with
my browsers,
devices
internet provider
When I get the error I just wait a few hours and then suddenly I am back in.

Whatever is happening it is further down the funnel from the front end users.

Down this morning and several times yesterday for me in Canada. Cache cleared, incognito attempt, data vs wifi - no joy. Lasts anywhere from 1-3 hrs per outage. It’s been down more than up the last 2 days (or at least at the times I am attempting to access).

This doesn't sound like a cookie issue. Its also not about the boards specifically. Its more about the DNS server that your computer is using to find the IP address of the boards. Apparently some DNS servers aren't updating to the current location of the boards. A few things to try:
On your computer switch your DNS to one of the public ones like 8.8.8.8
Also on your computer, try flushing the DNS cache.

Also, perhaps Alex can post the public IP address for the board. Entering that into the URL field of any browser would take you directly to the DIS without the need for a DNS lookup.

This doesn't sound like a cookie issue. Its also not about the boards specifically. Its more about the DNS server that your computer is using to find the IP address of the boards. Apparently some DNS servers aren't updating to the current location of the boards. A few things to try:
On your computer switch your DNS to one of the public ones like 8.8.8.8
Also on your computer, try flushing the DNS cache.

Also, perhaps Alex can post the public IP address for the board. Entering that into the URL field of any browser would take you directly to the DIS without the need for a DNS lookup.
That doesn't explain cell phone issues. I can't do anything for my cell phone on what you're talking about. I'm not using wifi on my phone and I'm certainly not rooting my phone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter