Seven isn't too far away-y-y-y-y-y; in fact it's here now! AKL Lite Thread presents:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! I'm so excited, I'll be staying at AKL for the first time in less than a month! I have a question for you seasoned AKL'rs: what restaurant would you recommend for a solo traveler? I plan on taking it easy while I'm there so I'd like something nice, but not terribly expensive either. :flower3:

:cool1: I think I'd pick Sanaa only because you can order a la cart and keep the price reasonable. Of course you can also sit and watch the animals :) Jiko will be pricey since everything costs a lot, and Boma is the flat rate of $37.99. Right guys?

Hello Everyone! We've been going to AKL for the past 4 years and love it. I've lurked tons, but never posted here. We are heading back to AKL July 22-26. Can't wait! :goodvibes

Hello, glad you came out of lurkdome too :)

Hi everyone! I'm so excited, I'll be staying at AKL for the first time in less than a month! I have a question for you seasoned AKL'rs: what restaurant would you recommend for a solo traveler? I plan on taking it easy while I'm there so I'd like something nice, but not terribly expensive either. :flower3:

Jealous!

Jiko is a very nice restaurant, great food, but pricey. There are 2 other TS restaurants, Sanaa and Boma, which aren't as pricey. We've eaten at Jiko and Boma (buffet - my opinion, meh), but not Sanaa. However, I've heard great reviews about Sanaa's food. Also, another perk I've read of is that it overlooks the AKV Safari. So this is probably the one I would recommend.

Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

I found you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad both you ladies made it over here! I'm amazed at all the new folks who joined in so quickly!

We are doing both Sunrise and Wanyama - its our first stay at AKL and we figured we had better do it right in case it is our only!

We did this on our second stay at the lodge. It was fantastic! I hope you enjoy your safaris, I know we did!

I don't think I've ever gotten my rump in one one of the AKL threads before it got to a millioin pages. So here's me, taking up space and doing nothing helpful! ;) Carry on! :rotfl2:

Excellent news! You'll be enjoying Thanksgiving with all the Americans. I love the idea of a cruise first, very nice :)

Yes, and it will be very fitting to be at Old Key West for this. We were in Florida for Thanksgiving in 2007 when we had a look at DVC and we actually bought in the day after Thanksgiving. I had not realised this before, but I rather like the idea of spending our 5 year anniversary as DVC members at our home resort.

Corinna

:wave2: back atcha! I haven't had any Dis time the last couple weeks. :sad1: I have caught up a bit -- happy to see you are on the mend! :goodvibes Have a fabulous time on the cruise! :cloud9:

Glad both you ladies made it over here! I'm amazed at all the new folks who joined in so quickly!

Thanks! I saw the link from Kimmar and was stunned at how quickly she got her cruise trippie done!! Clicked on it and that's how I found y'all!! :rotfl:

Kimmar - where's the cruise info??? :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

I don't think I've ever gotten my rump in one one of the AKL threads before it got to a million pages. So here's me, taking up space and doing nothing helpful! ;) Carry on! :rotfl2:

:rotfl:

Glad your rump found its way here in the "early pages"!! :woohoo:

Good morning, Js & Ks! :) I am back home from Fort Bragg. Have a week to get things caught up here at home before I head to Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington State for a week. I had a 4 day WDW trip planned for 2/7-11 which I had to cancel :-)eek:). I will make up for it in the near future! ;)

Happy weekend to you all! :goodvibes

Happy Friday Jamborinis and Kidanites!
DSC04862.jpg

You must plan a Disney trip between now and October :) could you get away for a long weekend?

I have this cruise..., a trip to Vegas in April, a trip to Peru in may, a trip to ok and tx in sept, then Disney in Oct.... I don't dh would let me plan anything else but i might try...

I don't think I've ever gotten my rump in one one of the AKL threads before it got to a millioin pages. So here's me, taking up space and doing nothing helpful! ;) Carry on! :rotfl2:

Welcome and start saying something...

Yes, and it will be very fitting to be at Old Key West for this. We were in Florida for Thanksgiving in 2007 when we had a look at DVC and we actually bought in the day after Thanksgiving. I had not realised this before, but I rather like the idea of spending our 5 year anniversary as DVC members at our home resort.

Corinna

That is awesome...we stayed at our home resort for the first time this past Oct and we have had DVC for 10 years..

:am back home from Fort Bragg. Have a week to get things caught up here at home before I head to Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington State for a week. I had a 4 day WDW trip planned for 2/7-11 which I had to cancel :-)eek:). I will make up for it in the near future! ;)

Happy weekend to you all! :goodvibes

Glad you are home, and sorry you have to turn around and head back out, been there and done that... Not much fun.

So sorry you had to change your plans, that is a drag...

:cool1: I think I'd pick Sanaa only because you can order a la cart and keep the price reasonable. Of course you can also sit and watch the animals :) Jiko will be pricey since everything costs a lot, and Boma is the flat rate of $37.99. Right guys?

...wow, it's that much now? The price has really jumped since the last time we ate there....sheesh, I remember when it was only $24.99!

...wow, it's that much now? The price has really jumped since the last time we ate there....sheesh, I remember when it was only $24.99!

Just checked Allears and they have dinner as $39.40 and breakfast as $24.49. When I was there last January it was $37.99 if memory serves. Thankfully I had a gift card so it didn't hurt my wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter