Sharing Skillet at WCC?

WantToGoNow

DIS Veteran
Our family of 6 will be going to WDW in November. Everyone except my dd2 will be in the dining plan. She will be 3 weeks short of her 3rd birthday and she eats better than my ds5. I plan on ordering the skillet at Whispering Canyon Cafe for myself. Am I allowed to share that with her or will we be charged for her?

There is a possibility you could be charged. Since the skillet is an "all YOU can eat" item, you could be charged for feeding someone else with it. Considering her age, I personally doubt that will happen but you never know...

My dh and I ordered the skillet in 04 and shared with my then 8 mo who pretty much had cornbread & mashed potatoes - no charge. My 6 yo had her own meal. In 05 my dh, oldest & I all ordered the skillet and shared with my 23 mo and my 12 mo- no charge for either. Except for the drink for the 23 mo. She started this kick where she has to have her own drink, so she got a cup with tea and we paid for that, but I expected that.

Children under 3 can share food with you at buffets, all you can eat, and pre-plated restaurants so I believe you have nothing to worry about.

It's when you order her something off the menu that you do have to pay.

I'm 99% sure they will bring you an extra plate for her.

Great service there--always a great time

The last time we were with my non-DDP sister, and I was only one doing the all-you-can-eat and one of the servers brought her an extra plate or trough for her to partake in.

When my kids were younger at WCC, I'll admit :guilty: they had a bite of mashed potatoes and a taste of ribs from my skillet. Maybe even a chicken leg!!! As I recall, they each had their own kids' meal and my DSS(22) had his OWN skillet. I think he had his refilled, I didn't.

Last trip again, everyone had their own entree again, one was a skillet, and I'm pretty sure everyone helped me finish the skillet with no refills.

When we ate there Jan 05 I was the only one who ordered the skillet. My 8 y/o GD had ordered a hot dog, but she loves corn and when she saw my corn on the cob, she jokingly grabbed it. We had a really good waitress who had been giving my son (her dad) heck. I immediately grabbed the corn back hoping the waitress hadn't seen her. No such luck! She came over and asked my GD is she liked corn. My son and I both cringed wondering what she was going to do. Thankfully all she did was lean over, kiss my GD on the head, then went to the kitchen and brought my GD out a plate with several ears of corn on it. She didn't charge us for them either. I don't think you'll have a problem. They're great at WCC. Have a good time!

On my last trip my daughter turned 3 in the middle of our trip and we were not charged the entire time. Even on her birthday we ate at The Crystal Palace and told them it was her 3rd birthday, they didn't charge us and she even got a small birthday cake, free of charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter