Sheraton Anaheim??

SB in KY

DIS Veteran
My college age daughter and friend are making their first trip to DL 4/8-10. DD is a WDW vet and knows how to handle the crowds....I had originally planned to suprise them with a night at the DLH using our DVC points, but alas they were booked. I am now thinking maybe a couple of nights at the Sheraton by DL using my Starwood points might be an acceptable alternative.

Has anyone ever stayed at this property? They have a complimentary shuttle to DL....would it be OK for park transportation? Is this an OK (i.e., safe) place for the 2 of them?

Any info on this property would be greatly appreciated....or any info on the 4 Points slightly further away.

Thanks

Oh - don't go to the 4 Points -- Lollipop's Mom stayed there & reported that it was too far away & she did not like it at all. However, the Sheraton Anaheim is a beautiful hotel. I haven't visited there, but I know people who have, and I did visit it & take pictures --- go to the hotel thread stuck at the top -- I took pics of the hotel. I think it is safe, too

SB,

I stayed there last May for a week right after the 50th started and I loved it...so much so I am going back tomorrow for another week...the shuttle is great...they have a shuttle and a really big bus...the beds are divine and they have a nice restaurant and a little store that has a small deli and ice cream service...nice nice place....I would definitely recommend....

We stayed there for one of our trips last year. I have to say that we were disapointed in it. It was too far away to walk, the shuttle was useful, but it's just not the same as staying across the street from the park. It seemed more like a convention hotel, catering more to the business class.

The Coast Anaheim Hotel is now a Sheraton. It's actually a closer walk (about the equivalent of 5-6 blocks straight down Harbor.) You could check that out, too.

From the looks of the Coast Anaheim 2 weeks ago, they have to do a lot of renovation still to be open next month. I agree, it's a good location, but I just don't think it will be ready in time.

SB in KY said:
My college age daughter and friend are making their first trip to DL 4/8-10. DD is a WDW vet and knows how to handle the crowds....I had originally planned to suprise them with a night at the DLH using our DVC points, but alas they were booked. I am now thinking maybe a couple of nights at the Sheraton by DL using my Starwood points might be an acceptable alternative.

Has anyone ever stayed at this property? They have a complimentary shuttle to DL....would it be OK for park transportation? Is this an OK (i.e., safe) place for the 2 of them?

Any info on this property would be greatly appreciated....or any info on the 4 Points slightly further away.

Thanks

We have stayed here a couple of times...our most recent was in July last year for 5 nights (we stayed on our points too). We were less than thrilled. We were put in a room towards the back of the hotel. I had requested a room closer to the lobby, but didn't get it.

The pros: Great beds, large rooms. Pretty grounds.

The cons: The pool is in really bad shape--need serious renovation! The bus that they used for shuttle was in bad shape--the brakes sounded like they were going to give out! Very scary ride!! After that, we decided to drive or own car and pay for parking at DL parking lot! They were in the process of renovating the hotel (exterior painting, etc.) so there was alot of that going on at the time. I don't think all of the rooms have been renovated. Parking was really bad when we were there.

I would have been very upset if we had paid $150 a night! Hopefully, they have worked on a few of the areas needing repair.

Even if the Sheraton Coast Hotel is still undergoing renovations, I would stay there instead!

I would have rather stayed at Candy Cane Inn--much closer!

Thanks for all the replies...I may check out some other options....I could Priceline them a room (looks like the Hyatt is coming up a lot) or I may just go with the points...I suspect they will be in the room to sleep only so it may be fine for them. The pool rennovations and exterior grounds work is scheduled to be completed by 3/30 according to the web site....I think I will call the hotel and make sure.

DW, I and two freinds stayed at the sheraton anaheim in dec. on a package from getawaytoday.com. relatively reasonable, not a bad room and the shuttle was free. it's a long walk back (20 minutes) but if you miss the shuttle, you can do it.

it was december, so we wouldn't know about the pool, and I don't think we ever saw the hotel in the daylight, but it was close enough that the fireworks were setting off car alarms in the parking lot when we arrived the first night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter