Sheraton Vistana Resort

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
Friends have asked us for info on this resort. All feedback appreciated, particularly ways of finding the best deals.

We stayed here in 2000 and came home and bought a week. we loved the place (Resort - havent seen Villages). There is loads to do 7 pools, restaurants, bars, kids facilities, tennis. Some units are older than others, we own in Spas one of the older ones, but it has a larger floor area than the newer ones, they continually refurbish, carpets were getting done this year, roofs previously.
Its Very close to disney ie it backs on to DTD at one point.
Any specific questions ?
We arent the only owners that use this board, but I cant remember their names!!

Thanks, Mo. Who did you book with when you stayed in 2000 and was it a package, or did you book separately?

We stayed at Vistana in 2000 and really liked it. Accomodation was great, we stayed in "Lakes".
Can't help with best deals because we swapped a week in our timeshare in Scotland for the week there.

Deb,
We own a week at the Vistana Resort so are probably biased - but we really love it there. I can't help with any ideas about where to get deals from but I do know that Virgin and Unijet have it in there brochures - also I think it's available to book through www.HotelKingdom.com as well, I don't know whether or not they are cheaper though.
HTH and if you have any questions about the resort I'll be happy to try and answer :)

Hi again, in 2000 we booked through a really dodgy lot in Glasgow who we have since taken to court so I wouldnt recommend them! but thats another LONG story. Nothing to do with Vistana it was superb. I've heard about hotel kingdom too. BA used to have them in a brochure, or you can just phone them up or use their website for a quote directly. Mum and Dad stayed an extra night this year and paid about $100. That was Peak time.

Thanks for all your replies. I've tried checking availability on several websites (Hotel Discounts, Expedia, etc) for 2 weeks from 24 May next year and they're all returning 'no availability'. Can that be right?

Deb, you could try phoning them direct. The phone number I have is 407-239-3100.

They are also in the BA florida brochure.

Yes it was a great swap - we've had some good ones over the years. We have also stayed at Silver Lake Resort on the Black Lake Road a much smaller resort but just as nice.

We had a tour in 2000 - my sister was swapping her Tenerife fortnight - and we went to check it out!! We were staying at the Comfort Inn in Lake Buena Vista, and they 'gave' us £160 for taking the tour - which we wanted to take anyway.
Suffice to say, we were totally taken by the whole place - 7 pools, saunas, walkways, facilities etc etc, and the accomodation - simply fantastic. OK, a wee bit of bias showing perhaps.

We took a 2 week deal in the Cascades in September 2001, 5 adults/2 kids in a 2 bed unit - and had a simply superb holiday. We then purchased 2 concurrent weeks, and will be back in September - 7 weeks today!! [Springs area I think]

The Villages are opposite Seaworld - but on a smaller scale, with only 1 pool.

Location, facilities and accomodation swayed us in the end - now we've only got to finish paying for them!!
Brian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter