Sheraton Vistana Village 2 bedroom suite $89.90 (cheaper than 1 bedroom rate)

Colt

Mouseketeer
I just made ressies at the Sheraton Vistana Village for a 2 bedroom suite for $89.90 per nite, compared to the higher rate for a 1 bedroom... This is our honeymoon, my future wife has wanted to stay there so much in the past, and now we are estatic !!!

Ressies were made through hotel kingdom.com and the dates were May 12-26, 2002.

We cannot believe all of the "goodies" we are getting for this rate. A King bed, full kitchen, whirlpool bathtub, washer and dryer, private balcony, entertainment center, a big pool, a free shuttle to Disney, etc.

I have been a "lurker" on this board for some time now, and thanks to all of you, I am a hero in my future wife's eyes ( at least for today that is ... )

Thanks again for all of the great advice, I just thought I would make a small contribution to this fantastic community...

That is an excellent rate for a 2 br. Are you taking company along? LOL

Was that rate listed on the website? I checked and now all their hotels are listed as "call for rates" when usually the rate is broke down and listed each night of your dates of stay. Just curious if you had to call to get that?
Jenn

I guess that depends on your dates, Jenn. I checked this morning and the rate is still $89.90 for the end of May, the time I usually go. I just have to check my son's days off and I'm booking that rate! :D

Wow, that is a great rate. Being married to a teacher and with two kids in school I'm always bound by their vacation schedule. That same room rents for $160 a week in February when we're going. Enjoy your flexibility now while you're young and childless!!!

Ugh... it looks like they got smart.

I found out that my son's last day of school was May 24th. Yesterday when I checked the site it was still $89.90 for the two bedroom. Well, I guess they realized that the 2 bedroom was booking for less than the one, and today it's been switched! 2 br is now 109. Oh, well, good for you, Colt, for getting that great rate!

WOW! What kind words of encouragement ! I feel great, but I am a little disappointed that Vistana Village caught on to their error so quickly. I do hope some of you caught that deal (sorry Robinrs... )

I still have half a year until my honeymoon, and I will keep my eyes open for any other deals out there. Once again, my thanks to all of you for the kind words, and it is being treated so well by others that makes this a wonderful site for all of us !!

Colt, congratulations on your upcoming marriage and your great hotel deal!

I'm staying there right now, still have 3 more nights of our 10 night trip. I can't say one thing bad about this resort. High quality, great pools, clean ,close to WDW and friendly staff. I am usually an on site person, with DVC.. but If I have a chance, I will stay here again. NOT one complaint. I'll post a more complete trip report when I return.. right now I am at class, but I could not resist posting on this subject. ( it's definatly a romanitc spot for a honeymoon too!) one thing I will clarify while I am here, I thouht the shuttle was 9.00 per day per person, not free. I'll check.

Wow, Melynny, rub it in! Sounds like a great place, and $90 or not, I'm going to try it out!

:bounce:And CONGRATS to Colt!! :bounce:

Hi Melynny !! I am glad to hear you are having a wonderful time at the village. My future wife has been wanting to stay there for over a year. If you don't mind, could you answer a couple of questions we have ?

1. Please check about the shuttle. The Hotelkingom web site says the shuttle to and from WDW parks is complimentary. I have also called the village several times in the past (the last time a few months ago) and was told the shuttle was free. Perhaps there has been a change in policy. We would greatly appreciate if you could confirm the shuttle situation so that we can take the potential extra expense into our budget.

2. If you are in a 2 bedroom suite, we understand there is a "large" whirlpool bathtub in the suite. I am trying to be discreet, but is it large enough for 2 people? (Excuse me while I blush....)

3. Is the big pool heated ??

We are SOOOO happy you are having such a great time there!! My future wife was thrilled to read your post, and cannor wait to read your future reports. We both thank you for your efforts and willingness to share....

OK.. Finally back to work and reality! YUCK! Let me say again.. we LOVED This resort. I am going to post a "resort report" on the trip report board.. ( hopefully today). Now for the answers.

The resort shuttle is fee based and they said they change the fee since it is a contracted service. BUT I did notice that they were using a "Vistana Villages " shuttle at times in the morning. I am not sure if this was for timeshare sales use or what. Also, we were there on RCI exchanges so, maybe for paying guests, the shuttle is Free. I did notice that the shuttle service was only to the MK and Epcot ( not MGM or AK). and these were only 2 times each morning and evening, which was before park closing. I am not sure if I would like the inflexibility of having to leave the parks early, especially in the times of shorted hours and having to transfer to disney transportation if I wanted to tour AK or MGM. Even if it was free, I would think a car would allow you more flexibility from this resort. It is located on the Trolly line, which went completely up and down I drive. I saw many folks doing this while we were there.

We were in the the 2 bedroom suite. The whirlpool tub is large enough for 2, but is is not as large as some I have seen. 2 should fit very comfortably, and dare I say that the tub is also surrounded by 2 large mirrors.. and the closet doors are mirrored, also. The walk in shower has more than enough room for 2 also.

The big pool is heated, and I really enjoyed it. The splashing sound of the waterfalls really make for a nice, relaxing atmosphere. The hot tubs were wonderful! They played a very nice mix of popular music at the pool, not loud, but just right. There is also a quiet pool behind the waterfalls which was also heated.

Hope this helped,, you keep asking- I'll keep answering!

We were renters at the Vistana Resort last February and the transportation worked the same way and there was a fee for us as well. My in-laws used the transportation to visit Epcot on a day that my family and I visited IOA.

I just posted my Vistana Villages Resort Report on the trip reports board..enjoy.. and be prepared..it's a long one!

Melynny:

THANK YOU SO MUCH for that fantastic trip report !! My future Mrs. and I are even more excited about our honeymoon (which I thought was impossible). Now the future Mrs. wants to stay the whole trip at the Vistana Village instead of splitting our stay with Disney Caribbean Beach. I had concerns before, but after reading your report I am fine with staying at Vistana. We weren't too worried about the shuttle as we will have a rental car, but I thought maybe we had received some misleading info. Thank you for answerring our concerns about the pool and the whirlpool tub... The OUTSTANDING report you gave was so comprehensive, in-depth, and so detailed. Have you ever thought about becoming a news reporter ?? HA! HA!

For all of you sending us congratulations on our upcoming marriage: THANK YOU !! YOUR THOUGHTS AND WISHES ARE SO APPRECIATED !!! It is this type of caring and friendship that makes it a real pleasure to be a member of this web community.... We sincerely send each of you our thanks for making our lives a little bit brighter every time we view this web site.

Colt, best wishes on your upcomming marriage! Thanks for the kind words concerning my trip report! I just made a note of ALL of the things that are important to me , hoping others would be interested.

How many nights will you be staying at CBR and how many would you be staying at VV? I have stayed at all of the WDW resorts except the Contemporary an Animal Kingdom lodge. I must say I would have a hard time making a choice between all of the time at VV and splitting the stay. CBR is a very tropically themed resort very similar to the theming at VV. When is your trip planned? I have ALWAYS been a die hard on site stayer and nothing can compare to the on site experience, but now that Disney has reduced the on-site benefits and reduced the park hours I am having a hard time justifying the increased cost. ( which is why this trip we traded into V.V., to save money!)

I did miss the onsite feeling, but this trip, I did spend more time relaxing, just hanging out in the morning and in the hot tub. But, I was ( and am still) suffering from a terrible cold, so maybe I just did not have the stamina or the get up and go like I usually do. I'd love to be going to either for my honeymoon!

You are quite welcome for the compliments we gave you, after all you earned them and you DEFINITELY deserve them. Give yourself a well deserved pat on the back....

I am planning our honeymoon for the middle of May for 15 days. 3 days in Clearwater, 6 days at Village and 6 days at CBR (hopefully Jamaica). I can understand about wanting to relax on your trip. A few years ago my future wife and I took a 23 day vacation with some of my relatives, who are rabid about Disney. Needless to say, my future wife was not ready for their commando style "Invasion of Florida", and is still suffering from the effects (she still has the "battle scars", I mean foot blisters, to prove it). HA ! HA! According to her, she remembers little of the trip, appears to think of our grueling tour days as equivalent to the Bataan Death March and vividly recalls the 530 AM wake up calls from Mickey Mouse, which for some reason may explain why I am not allowed to have a Mickey Mouse clock in my bedroom..... HA! HA! Thus, REST and RELAXATION are the prime directives that I have been ordered ( oops, I meant "suggested" ) by my future Mrs. to provide on our honeymoon... HA! HA

We greatly appreciate all of your help, and should you wish to share any more info with us, we would greatly appreciate it... We both hope that you get well soon !!

We watched the HK website for the VV rates quite a bit before our Oct. 20-29, 2001 trip to the world on points at the DVC. We were interested in late January 2002. We wanted a 2 bedroom but were probably going to go with a 1 due to the prices.

Well, before our trip the 1 was showing up at $99 and the 2 was $129. I checked on the 30th of Oct. and the 1 was down to $89 and the 2 was at $119. On Friday evening, November 2, the 1 was showing at $89 and the 2 was $79.90. I figured that the rates were flip-flopped by mistake but called on Saturday the 3rd to jump on the what I figured was an $89 rate for a 2. Got a great reservationist, and after relaying all of our personal info, I remarked how we had been watching the rates go down. She remarked that our rate of $79.90 for a 2 bedroom was an incredible deal. So possibly due to the number of rentals of the various types of units, the 1 was actually more than the 2 for that brief window of time. A few days later I checked and the rates for our visit had gone back up a bit with the 2 more than the 1. (Don't remember the exact prices.) Sounds like timing can be everything. We are DVC members with season passes and can't wait to get out of the cold for 10 days in late Jan. 18-28. We had toured both the 1 and 2 when we were there in October and were very impressed. We have stayed off-site at Hampton Oaks a couple of times and enjoyed it .....but VV is much nicer than HO and much closer to WDW. We still can't believe our luck at landing this great rate....we usually miss out on this type of thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter