Shoes...Let's get some shoes

For my CP, I worked in parking at the Magic Kingdom and our requirement were white athletic shoes. I knew people who worked there who wore velcro shoes, laces, didn't really seem to matter. Granted because we worked around cars (exhaust, oil, etc.), my shoes got beat pretty quickly. So I actually decided that I was going to wear shoes that I had brought with me.

I am an Adidas guy and mine held up for 8 months of being worn every day, all day. (I was going to post the link but I don't have enough posts yet. I should have the minimum required soon.) They were just flat white Adidas sneakers / tennis shoes. I couldn't say for sure where I got them, maybe Kohl's or something like that, but I think they were about $40, $50 max.

People who are arriving for the first time, something to keep in mind is that conveniently located not more than 2 miles from where you'll live, is a MONSTROUS outlet mall. There is definitely an adidas outlet as well as a few other shoe stores so if you need to wait, you can always head over to there to see what they've got or WalMart is down the road, depending on your price range and preference.

Hope this helps and congrats to all who've been accepted and good luck to all who are still awaiting reply!

Just adding here. My daughter works in AK and needed brown/hiking type shoes. She originally bought men's brown shoes from Walmart. Then found the Timberland store in the outlets. Ended up with some nice low top hiking boots with minimum markings. Some of the gals with smaller feet had to buy Walmart boy's shoes to get by and then bought children's hiking boots from Timberland.

So, is there a bus that stops near any of these outlets/malls that are a good place to shop for shoes?

So, is there a bus that stops near any of these outlets/malls that are a good place to shop for shoes?

I don't know exactly how far away the outlets are, but I would have to guess that they're within a mile. What I mean is that I would feel comfortable walking to them, granted it may take 20 minutes. I think I rode to them in a car, but it was maybe a minute or two in the car. Not far at all. I know that the buses will do occasional trips to malls, but I don't know that it will stop at the outlets because of their close proximity.

i work in QS F&B at hersheypark. (its a theme park in pa). there, we have to wear black, non-slip sneakers...they're pretty hideous. lol. is the requirement different for disney's CP?

what type of shoes will QSF&B be expected to wear - my daughter will be going over in June on the CIP and she will need to take some with her until she gets a chance to do some shopping - is black flat pumps a good bet??

what type of shoes will QSF&B be expected to wear - my daughter will be going over in June on the CIP and she will need to take some with her until she gets a chance to do some shopping - is black flat pumps a good bet??

I don't think those will work. For QSF&B she is gonna need non-slip tennis shoes. I think color depends on location...? :confused3
I had a roommate who did QSF&B at the All Star Resorts and she had to have black non-slip tennis shoes

It depends on your location. My daughter is QSFB in Animal Kingdom and has to wear brown shoes/hiking boots. I was concerned when my daughter first started but between Shoes for Crews, buses to Walmart and the outlet stores, the CPers really do get it done before they actually start at their location. She will have training before she starts so there will be time for her to get shoes once she finds out where she will be.

Do you perhaps mean CRP (Cultural Representative) instead of CIP?

In that case, British Cultural Representatives Hostesses working in Food & Beverage at the United Kingdom pavilion at Epcot are required to wear solid black slip-on shoes with accompanying flesh-toned hosiery.

Hosts in the same position are required to wear solid, low-heel black dress shoes. Their costume includes knickerbockers, and white knee-length socks are provided by the company.

Both Hosts and Hostesses are required to wear footwear with slip-resistant soles.

I will be in merchandise. Are short boots allowed in any of the locations? I'm not talking about boots that come up to your knee and have a super skinny heel a few inches tall but short boots that come just above your ankle and have maybe a 1/2-1 inch heel. Also, are any kind of buckles allowed on boots/dress shoes?

Was wearing sneakers comfortable during those long shifts? I'm starting to hope I get a role that allows sneakers because I've worked retail for awhile and have always had to wear dress shoes, and they can be very not comfortable when you start having long shifts :( But was wearing sneakers not as great as it sounds?

Also, I saw somewhere in this thread that some of the merchandise locations require black shoes. Do you usually have a choice (for girls) between dress shoes and sneakers or is it always one or the other?

I will be in merchandise. Are short boots allowed in any of the locations? I'm not talking about boots that come up to your knee and have a super skinny heel a few inches tall but short boots that come just above your ankle and have maybe a 1/2-1 inch heel. Also, are any kind of buckles allowed on boots/dress shoes?

Generally, No. The only type of boots permitted tend to be of the Brown Hiking Variety.

Was wearing sneakers comfortable during those long shifts? I'm starting to hope I get a role that allows sneakers because I've worked retail for awhile and have always had to wear dress shoes, and they can be very not comfortable when you start having long shifts :( But was wearing sneakers not as great as it sounds?

I've been with Disney for over two years, most of that wearing sneakers, and have never had a problem. If you find them uncomfortable, there are a wide variety of gel insoles available.

Also, I saw somewhere in this thread that some of the merchandise locations require black shoes. Do you usually have a choice (for girls) between dress shoes and sneakers or is it always one or the other?

Some areas allow for Cast Members to choose, some areas do not. Depends on the theming and job requirements.

I've never heard of those kinds of shoes being permitted under The Disney Look. It's either

Would something like this work for Merchandise, I've currently got a pair like this and would love not to have to but another pair once I get there!http://shop.crocs.com/pc-1997-4-saffron.aspx?navcategories=3,128

Did anybody ever find out if that style would work? I don't even know if they make those anymore, but I do know that from reading the description online it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Leather upper, slip resistant sole, comfortable, etc. I'm going to be working Merchandise on Sunset at Disney's Hollywood Studios. My training paper tells me what shoes I need. It says "solid black, free of ornamentation, and must have a polishable leather surface."

Yet it also says style varies by location.

And it also says that it expects me for training to be wearing the appropriate shoes. I start training tomorrow so I have to find some today. Help?!

Did anybody ever find out if that style would work? I don't even know if they make those anymore, but I do know that from reading the description online it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Leather upper, slip resistant sole, comfortable, etc. I'm going to be working Merchandise on Sunset at Disney's Hollywood Studios. My training paper tells me what shoes I need. It says "solid black, free of ornamentation, and must have a polishable leather surface."

Yet it also says style varies by location.

And it also says that it expects me for training to be wearing the appropriate shoes. I start training tomorrow so I have to find some today. Help?!

I've seen people wearing similar shoes at those locations. If you wear the wrong type of shoes on the first day its not really a big deal, your trainer will tell you if they are the wrong kind.

Bumping......

This thread is old, but still a good source for information.

Also, does the sock color have to match the shoe? And what type of sock? Ankle,crew, no shows?????

My DD will be in attractions starting in Jan. As a Disney guest I know the importance of a good quality shoe. Working there on a daily basis for months I assume the shoe MUST be a quality shoe.

Bumping......

This thread is old, but still a good source for information.

Also, does the sock color have to match the shoe? And what type of sock? Ankle,crew, no shows?????

My DD will be in attractions starting in Jan. As a Disney guest I know the importance of a good quality shoe. Working there on a daily basis for months I assume the shoe MUST be a quality shoe.

The rules vary by location. My dd was in Attractions and her location's rules were:

--Black "manager" shoes from Walmart. (My dd wore them every day for her entire CP and they were fine for her. She never once complained about her feet.)
--Black socks with uniform pants
--White socks with uniform shorts
--All socks must come up over the ankle

Other locations had different rules. Most people have to run out after Traditions or the first day of work and buy the required items.

AnimalKingdomDVC said:
when I have stayed at the Beach Club, the Wilderness and AKL, I have seen them wear crocs. I had a decision one time with a lifeguard and we talked about it.

Oh dear god crocs? Anything else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter