Shooting at Denny's Anaheim

Redcon1

DIS Veteran
I just read that there was another shooting at a Denny's, this time in Anaheim.
Does anyone know if this is the Denny's right across the street from DLR on Harbor Blvd? I haven't been able to find info on the exact location, except that it's in Anaheim.
Any updates would be welcomed. Thanks!

That's scary. This time it'll only be DM(54), me(27) and DD(21 mos). I have never felt unsafe near Disneyland and now I will probably worry. Originally we were going to stay at my Aunty's in Rowland Heights but I booked HoJos so we'll be staying there. A longer walk than I am used to but it didn't bother me til now.

Thanks for the news story link. The only other story I read said Anaheim, but didn't provide the actual street names.
Thankfully, it wasn't the one on Harbor or at a time when families would be more apt to be dining.

I used to work just down the street. It is at Katella and St. College - That is probably 3 miles from Disneyland. It is really not in the same area of Anaheim. It is in a location known for flooring wholesalers and retailers.

It happened about 3 a.m. Not a time when visitors to Disneyland would be out and about.

Is this the Denny's that is right beside the Dolphin's Cove Resort? If so we ate there every breakfast time for the 10 days we were at DL. It seemed like a really quiet place and the servers were very pleasant - hope it's not the same place.

albianne said:
Is this the Denny's that is right beside the Dolphin's Cove Resort? If so we ate there every breakfast time for the 10 days we were at DL. It seemed like a really quiet place and the servers were very pleasant - hope it's not the same place.

No, the Denny's were this occurred is in a different location, not next to Dolphin Cove. The area around Disneyland is very safe and police patrol this area quite a bit. Hope this helps.

It was the Denny's near Angel Stadium, a few hours after the USA-Mexico baseball game in the World Baseball tournament. I'm sure there's no relation though.

The local news tonight had a story about the Denny's incident. Apparently, a couple groups of people had been at a nearby club (from the photos it looked like the club often has a "rough" crowd). These groups went to Denny's after the club closed around 3 am. The details weren't clear, but one group tried to take a necklace and other possessions from the other group. A brawl started and you know the rest. Police felt that the suspects were gang related, but not the victim(s). It's not an area where Disney tourists would be - and certainly not at 3 am. We would all be exhausted after a day of fun!

Its not close enough for most visitors - but it is the Denny's that CM's often go to after work. I just went there last night, in fact - it was open for business, no sign that anything had happened just hours earlier!

We used to stay at an RV park over in Orange and we always drove right past that Denny's to get to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter