Shop the Block 2020 MILES ARE POSTING NOW

Splitting it up did cross my mind but the base miles don’t make sense. The base should be 5 not 6 and even if they included the taxes that still comes in at $118.

Are you looking on the app or on the website? On the app I find it a little easier as it points out standard offer or 10x the reward miles, while on the site it does not.

I'm finished with my card. 5 offers. I had done Lowes, Sobey's, AirMilesShop and Shell. This morning I picked up a $30 basket with nice Christmas treats (honey, jam, tea, chocolate covered biscuits, large slab chocolate bar, candy canes and a couple of other items I forgot) at Metro. My son can bring it to school next week for their Christmas drive. I'm not going to attempt 7 this time around.

I have 3 done on my husband's card. We could complete a 4th (Foodland) if the next couple of flyers have good offers. I'm not sure we will go for the 5th.

I'm not going to attempt any on my children's cards this time around.

Are you looking on the app or on the website? On the app I find it a little easier as it points out standard offer or 10x the reward miles, while on the site it does not.
The website...on the right there is an arrow or something that you click and it shows you what the miles are base/ bonus.

Well DH just messed up my plan. I thought I had done 5, well I actually had done 5, but he just returned a product which means my Rona will not count. I don't think he understands the importance of this, lol. So now I am down to 4 and not sure I will get a 5th but oh well, not an issue. The offers this time around were not very good so I'm okay with this. I'll still get some bonus AM's. All is okay in my world.

6 completed and now just need to get to Foodland to complete the 7th. Had originally gone to IGA Coop (by mistake), only to find out they don't honor the promotion (even though they asked me for my Airmiles collector card). The nearest Foodland is 50kms away so as soon as we get out of the Orange Zone (Covid), we'll get a few more groceries.........I'm in New Brunswick.

So I’m confused about this. It’s DD’s account and this is the StB purchase. I spent $104 pre tax and The Bay is 1/$20 plus 2x and then 10x Black Friday. If my math is correct it would be 5 + 5 + 45

View attachment 541768
Mystery partial solved......they cancelled one of my items and it was the item that was a Christmas gift. Only this morning, I got the email about it. It still doesn't quite explain the math here but it's closer.

Now I've got to order something else as a gift and figure out if I should reorder the other items that are already on the way. Plus, I paid for the original order with a gift card that I tossed in the garbage. No idea what happens with that now.

I have had a bunch of my Black Friday airmiles shops post, and more than one over the $100, but no STB miles. Everyone else sounds like they got those quickly?
I just checked my account...and my Sephora shop that I placed on Monday posted along with the shop the block bonus of 30 AM. I am surprised that it posted correctly the first time.

I will cross my fingers that it posted correctly for you.

You guys are all lucky with your online purchases. I have shopped at the Bay once and staples 3 times and nothing has posted. I did get my airmiles for shopping at Staples but nothing from the online shops. I am sure I will be fighting for these points because I never seem to get online shopping to work correctly. I do take all the screen captures though so I will be ready with my proof.

I’ve decided to order $100 worth of toys to donate. I donate every year and normally spend around $60 anyway so a few extra dollars are okay with me. Any suggestions on who to order from through AMS? I’ll pass on The Bay so that I don’t end up with a cancelled item again.

Also, any suggestions of what to buy? Since I’m upping to budget I thought it might be nice to buy something that kids might be asking for.

I’ve decided to order $100 worth of toys to donate. I donate every year and normally spend around $60 anyway so a few extra dollars are okay with me. Any suggestions on who to order from through AMS? I’ll pass on The Bay so that I don’t end up with a cancelled item again.

Also, any suggestions of what to buy? Since I’m upping to budget I thought it might be nice to buy something that kids might be asking for.

i order toys through chapters pretty often. i think your 100$ will go pretty far there :)

Walmart was recently added to AMS. I don’t see toys on their list of exclusions.

You guys are all lucky with your online purchases. I have shopped at the Bay once and staples 3 times and nothing has posted. I did get my airmiles for shopping at Staples but nothing from the online shops. I am sure I will be fighting for these points because I never seem to get online shopping to work correctly. I do take all the screen captures though so I will be ready with my proof.
If this gives you some comfort. DH had a Staples order mishap during the summer promo. I called after the big bonus posted. They looked at the account asked a few questions and adding the missing AM right away. AM seems to be aware of their online partners who cause issues.

I did do a $20.00 shop for lottery tickets on Nov 19th for my Shell opt in and still nothing has posted for Shell from this date,,,strange.😕

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
If this gives you some comfort. DH had a Staples order mishap during the summer promo. I called after the big bonus posted. They looked at the account asked a few questions and adding the missing AM right away. AM seems to be aware of their online partners who cause issues.
Yup they had no issues for the last purchase giving me my missing miles.
So funny about my Bay purchase. I bought about 6 pairs of socks and they have all shipped from different stores across Canada but I do have 1 purchase itself that is over $100 so that should count (please count). It is funny though seeing the 6 different shipping notices and little bitty amounts charged to my Bay card. At least my new Cougar boots (which I got on sale) are the ones over the $100 threshold spend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter