Shopping Gurus - where do you love to shop in Orlando?

utahkennedys

DIS Veteran
We are planning our first trip to OKW this September and it will be a minimal "park" trip since we were just in Orlando in April for 8 days at the Poly and Grande Vista and at Disneyland in 9/04 (DH is totally "disneyed out"). Anyhow, DH and my father will play lots of golf, leaving the girls a lot of pool time and shopping time. I have never checked out the Premium outlets, but are there other good malls or shopping areas apart from DD?

utahkennedys said:
We are planning our first trip to OKW this September and it will be a minimal "park" trip since we were just in Orlando in April for 8 days at the Poly and Grande Vista and at Disneyland in 9/04 (DH is totally "disneyed out"). Anyhow, DH and my father will play lots of golf, leaving the girls a lot of pool time and shopping time. I have never checked out the Premium outlets, but are there other good malls or shopping areas apart from DD?

What are you looking for? You might be interested in the Florida Mall. It is about 3 miles east of I-64 off exit 74A (Sand Lake Road). A more upscale mall is the Millenium Mall of exit 78A (I think). Instead of heading completely to the Florida Mall off Sand Lake Road, you might want to turn right at International Drive where you will run into a number of stores. There are also stores close to the Florida Mall (Barnes & Nobles, Best Buy, etc) off the S. Orange Blossom. Hope this helps. There are, of course, the tourist traps off 192 as well.

We are English and we LOVE to shop in Orlando.

We always stop at Premium Outlets first to get good deals at the outlets (Tommy, Ralph Lauren, Nike, Reebok, Osh Kosh kids, Timberland) We often return 2 or 3 times during our trip as the stock changes quickly.

We usually then go to Mall at Millenia for Bloomingdales, Macys and Gap. You don't get good bargans at Mall at Millenia like you do at the outlets but if you catch a sale at Macys or Bloomingdales you can do well. The food court at Millenia is wonderful. They have posh shops like Chanel, Loius Vuitton, BUrberry etc which are fun to look in too.

Try the outlets first though, you often see the same stuff there.

Have fun!
Mandy ::MinnieMo

Belz and the Florida Premuim outlet mall are 2 places we never miss when we go to Disney.

My friends call me a shopping queen and there are quite a few good places in Orlando. I always visit Mall at Millenia, Florida Mall (Nordstroms), Belz outlets, Premium Outlets (close to Disney and they have a Character Premiere Disney outlet! :bounce: ). Shan, that Disney outlet is only a couple miles from WDW. If you go to Deb's site, www.allearsnet.com, she has excellent directions to all of the outlet malls. HTH.

Nancy :earsgirl:

Thanks everyone, that is exactly what I was looking for, nice malls mostly. Mh DH teases me that shopping is my favorite vacation activity, and I think he is partly right! When we were in Vegas last Spring, I went shopping while he was at his convention to every area mall and shopping area!! There is just something fun for me about shopping in new places! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter