Short notice

Davez

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever decide to take a short notice trip to WDW? I'm talking wake up Monday and be there on Wednesday? How did you fare on find a room and dining reservations?

It can work out. Lots of people cancel last minute, creating openings. Just have to be flexible. You can still have a great time.

We canceled a Myrtle Beach trip and booked WDW with 3 days to go one summer. We were in the back of All Star Music and I think we just ate quick service but it worked out fine and we enjoyed it!

Has anyone ever decide to take a short notice trip to WDW? I'm talking wake up Monday and be there on Wednesday? How did you fare on find a room and dining reservations?
Last March we toyed with the idea of going but didn't really plan to. Then on a Thursday morning we saw that two nights at SSR for Friday and Saturday were available. So we found a cash stay off property for Thursday night, hopped in the car and drove 12 hours. Slept in the offsite hotel for about 6 hours and headed to SSR and then to the parks. It was a fun trip but I wouldn't do it again since we had to get in the car 2 days later and head home.

Last edited:

We travel like this all the time. Check out the DVC rental page on these forums or the last minute DVC rental facebook pages for the best deals on rooms. If looking for a hotel stay rather than DVC rooms just continue to refresh Disney's website. Most importantly be open to a split stay. Dining reservations also pop up 1-2 days in advance as people cancel the reservations they have held for months "just in case" but decide not to keep before the 24 cancellation charge takes effect.

We've done this a few times, decided to go on a Saturday on the Thursday prior. Another time we booked a trip for two weeks later. It's always worked for us, obviously we found a place to stay since we went but we might not have gone if we couldn't book anything. Of course we paid for whatever was available but we did not mess with ADRs. We don't really book a lot of meals anyways on trips we plan further out, we mostly prefer QS meals. You likely may spend more given the last minute nature of the trip and your stuck with fewer options but you can always book offsite too.

Last March we toyed with the idea of going but didn't really plan to. Then on a Thursday morning we saw that two nights at SSR for Friday and Saturday were available. So we found a cash stay off property for Thursday night, hopped in the car and drove 12 hours. Slept in the offsite hotel for about 6 hours and headed to SSR and then to the parks. It was a fun trip but I wouldn't do it again since we had to get in the car 2 days later and head home.
Dang, that is a lot of driving. I give you credit! We're almost 7 hours away and thought we were crazy for our short, last minute weekend visits.

We did! On Monday, there on Wednesday. Had to book rack rate at BLT (yikes), but no issues getting ADRs since people would cancel at the last minute. BOG, Chef Mickey's, CRT...pretty much all the places we wanted. It was fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter