Shortest Flower and Garden festival

Duck143

DIS Veteran
It was just announced that F&G will start in February but end May 27th. In the past, this festival would go through July and F&W would start in August. Does anyone think they're going to have nothing special going on from May all the way to August? Epcot is always so empty without the booths, shows, etc. Our trip is in June and I was really looking forward to the F&G festival.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...4-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival/

I feel like there will either be a new festival announced for the Summer and they'll move Food and Wine back to where it used to be or Food and Wine will be longer. Hoping for the former.

I feel like there will either be a new festival announced for the Summer and they'll move Food and Wine back to where it used to be or Food and Wine will be longer. Hoping for the former.
Me too! A new summer festival would be fun :)

This is fascinating. I’m leaning toward a new summer focused festival. Fresh offerings, fresh merch, maybe looking to perk up what’s become slow summer crowds?

My long shot is did it not math out to run it that late? Between the F&G Festival maintenance costs and lower summer attendance maybe it didn’t math? That’s a long shot for me because the margins on those booths have to be eye watering and it’s not like Disney gardeners are making bank. Guess we’ll know the answer come May!

It was just announced that F&G will start in February but end May 27th. In the past, this festival would go through July and F&W would start in August. Does anyone think they're going to have nothing special going on from May all the way to August? Epcot is always so empty without the booths, shows, etc. Our trip is in June and I was really looking forward to the F&G festival.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...4-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival/
This is just back to the pre-Covid dates. I think F&G and F&W were both extended after Covid to lure crowds back.

This is just back to the pre-Covid dates. I think F&G and F&W were both extended after Covid to lure crowds back.
I've been to "diet Epcot" just once over the summer and I quite enjoyed it. While people may have gotten used to the longer festival season post-Covid, I like that there are time you can go without one. Although, for the record, my normal 3 trips per year fall during 3 of the festivals.

Shoot, it ends on our planned epcot day for our next trip. Will crowds be higher than normal because of the last day of the f&g? Is it typical for last day crowds to be higher similar to the first day?

Just want an idea of what to expect possibly.

I wonder if the ongoing festivals affect restaurant revenue. So many restaurants are independently operated one would think that they are put off by the constant festivals drawing potential customers. I know my preference if going during a festival is to eat at the booths, generally less expensive and more choice.

We will miss going to it as well in June, but the dates are in line with what they were pre-covid. Post-covid they needed the festivals so that people would make park reservations for Epcot (particularly before Remy's and Guardian's opened).

I wonder if the ongoing festivals affect restaurant revenue. So many restaurants are independently operated one would think that they are put off by the constant festivals drawing potential customers. I know my preference if going during a festival is to eat at the booths, generally less expensive and more choice.

This is a really smart observation. Even the incentives to book a table service restaurant during these festivals, AKA Eat to the Beat/Garden Rocks dining packages, only include a handful of restaurants. I have to wonder how this effects operations for the independent partners in Epcot.

I’m bummed as well. Going the first week of June and was excited to be there for the festival.

How long do they wait to take down the topiaries?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter