shorts capri or pants ?

4 mickey

4 MICKEY
First trip ever in sunny california I'm thrilled I was wondering I'll be there may 9th to the 16th for those of you who have been there around that time what's the weather like will I be too cold in shorts ? I've heard and read that mornings and nights are quite chilly would we be better of with capri's or pants rather than shorts .
Idon't plan on going back to the hotel to change and I don't want to overload my luggages either need place for those souvenirs lol lol :rotfl2: help :confused3

I still would take a couple pairs of pants (capris at least) just in case it gets unseasonably cool, which it can in May. Yes, mornings and evenings can be chilly and you will need sweatshirts, but those could be among your souvenirs.

I would check the weather channel on line a few days before you go. I am in the same boat, we are going to be there May 15-20. We are hoping for great weather of course, but you just never know what will be dished out during the month of May.

It does get cold in the mornings and evenings. We usually go the 2nd week in June and we still bring a pair of pants. We usually wear them at least one of the evenings. I would pack a couple pair of shorts, but mainly capris. You will definitly want to bring sweatshirts or buy them there. We usually start off with capris in the morning and switch to shorts if it gets too hot.

4 mickey said:
First trip ever in sunny california I'm thrilled I was wondering I'll be there may 9th to the 16th for those of you who have been there around that time what's the weather like will I be too cold in shorts ? I've heard and read that mornings and nights are quite chilly would we be better of with capri's or pants rather than shorts .
Idon't plan on going back to the hotel to change and I don't want to overload my luggages either need place for those souvenirs lol lol :rotfl2: help :confused3

I went last year May 8-12 and I got sunburned very bad but at night it was freezing...ever been cold as heck with a sunburn???? not fun... :guilty:

no sunburn and cold freezing I would think you were not really confortable .
I din't think I would need that much sunscreen but reading you I will pack some . Hope it (sunburn )didn't ruin the rest of the trip. Thanks

4 mickey said:
no sunburn and cold freezing I would think you were not really confortable .
I din't think I would need that much sunscreen but reading you I will pack some . Hope it (sunburn )didn't ruin the rest of the trip. Thanks

nah it didnt ruin my trip but I did get to the point where I was having to cover my arms during the day to avoid a serious issue...I found the best sunscreen to use is the one you spray on...It worked really good and I also took some aloe vera gel to put on for comfort...

The three of us are big, big fans of the zip-off pants. Kids' sizes are easy to find (Wal-Mart and Target almost always have them), and men's you can usually find at sports stores. Women's are more difficult to find, but not impossible. Try the sports stores. I also just saw them in my most recent Lands' End catalog. I'm DEFINITELY ordering a couple of pairs for me!

Zip on in the mornings that are cool, zip off for the heat of the day, zip back on for cool evenings. When you zip off the pants, they can roll up the size of a drink can and fit in a fanny pack or backpack. :thumbsup2

And my favorite souvie from our WDW trip this time last year is my microfleece 1/4 zip sweatshirt. Can't live without it!

Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter