Should I buy the Photo Package

KrzyKtty101

Mouseketeer
My family is taking our first cruise this Spring Break. It is a 4 night, 5 day cruise. Should I invest in the photo package? I always buy it without fail at the parks due to the ride photos, along with the random photographers. I'm not sure what it is like on a ship though. For such a short cruise, would we get our money out of it? My kids are 15 and 10, so meeting characters isn't the focus it once was. I love a good Mickey hug, but not willing to wait in a 30 minute line for it most days lol.

Even in a 4-night cruise, you can get many photos if you want them. There will be photographers with backdrops in the atrium most nights, photographers at dinner at least 1 night, and photographers with scheduled character meets.

On the other hand, if you are not seeking out photos, you may not have that many taken. Character handlers will usually be willing to take a photo with your phone if you ask.

You can plan to buy photos individually and convert to a package if you have enough photos you like to make it worthwhile. A 10- or 20-print package will provide a small discount over 10 or 20 individual photos, but is only worth it if you would otherwise buy that many.

Even when my kids were young, I rarely found more than 15 great photos taken on the ship, but I also rarely buy ride photos in the parks. It’s your call how many photos you want to keep.

One issue with DCL's photos I have is that they superimpose a Disney logo on every one of them. You might love that...or hate it. We bought the photo package, but the only one I really liked was at Castaway Cay. I might buy it again and downgrade it to buy an individual photo or two on board.

Before dinner, we went up to the main deck and took some family photos all dressed up with our own phone cameras, and one of them turned out well enough to use for a photo Christmas card. We were lucky enough to get someone who knew what they were doing with a phone camera that we got a good one.

We always buy it. You can always downgrade on board if you only want a few photos. No risk.
Oh, I didn't know that! Do you have to downgrade before you look at them? If we could look and find we only liked one or two, then that takes the risk off a bit.

We always buy the package in advance. One three night cruise we were not happy with the photos, mainly quantity…our fault, so we cancelled the last night…no problem and quick refund.

Oh, I didn't know that! Do you have to downgrade before you look at them? If we could look and find we only liked one or two, then that takes the risk off a bit.
They are available to see on the kiosks within hours. Not sure of the cutoff point to make final decision. Would assume night before debarkation. Check once on board.

We always buy the package in advance. One three night cruise we were not happy with the photos, mainly quantity…our fault, so we cancelled the last night…no problem and quick refund.
That would be great. Thank you. With that, we will probably pick it up too. If we end up not getting enough photos, we will downgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter