Should I cancel my Disney World Trip?

Brian Carpenter

Earning My Ears
Our resort stay is supposed to start tomorrow. But Florida is a becoming a hot bed for covid.

My wife is 7 months pregnant but vaccinated. My daughter is 2 and not vaccinated but has already had covid last January. And I’m fully vaccinated.

I bought the trip insurance just to be safe. Should I just cancel the thing or move forward?

The variant cases Are on the rise. I am in fla though not Orlando area. Our hospital is currently very active with Covid patients. We all felt like it was gone… it is Not. It Is busier and hotter and mask wearing ..since it’s basically voluntary, is down.
Certainly such a personal decision. Despite being vaccinated and ur little having immunity having had it… the variant strain does not care.
is The potential Risk worth it? Only you know that answer.
Since you asked ..I’d wait.

As others have noted, it is a very personal question -- definitely a decision that you and your wife must make together. We are heading down in a couple of weeks, but we are all vaccinated (three of us). We are also adding a level of safety for our own comfort level. No table service dining, avoiding long lines and so on. We booked a VIP Tour so we can do things we want to do quickly and without standing in line and we are staying in a Polynesian Bungalow so we are essentially on our own. For us, we enjoy being amidst the magic at Disney World, so altering our vacation style for this visit during Covid is something we are okay with. But you have some added elements to consider that we do not. I wish you the best in your decision making.

Last edited:
Also food for thought someone just posted on the Here Now Just Back Thread that they and their partner came back from trip with Covid.

We can’t back at now, at this point. We’re going but, we’ll be wearing masks. My wife and I are vaccinated, and my daughter has already had it. That coupled with us being cautious should do the trick. We’ll see.

We can’t back at now, at this point. We’re going but, we’ll be wearing masks. My wife and I are vaccinated, and my daughter has already had it. That coupled with us being cautious should do the trick. We’ll see.
Try and have fun!

I was going to suggest wearing a mask and bringing sanitizer hand spray. With being pregnant and having a 2 yr. old, I would be very cautious. Good luck and have fun!

We are debating the same thing. Not pregnant but neither of our under 12 year old kids have had covid before.

I’m so unhappy about it. A month ago everything seemed totally fine.

We are debating the same thing. Not pregnant but neither of our under 12 year old kids have had covid before.

I’m so unhappy about it. A month ago everything seemed totally fine.
It's a hard decision. And you need to be comfortable about what's right for your family. Everyone is different, but I know that I would have a hard time if my kids came down with Covid, from our Disney trip. It's the unknown of how severe their case may be, if they did catch it. I know mask and hand sanitizer would be my friend, if we went now. Good luck, and know whatever you decide, it will the the right thing for your family.

We just cancelled. Definitely a hard choice but with COVID, little kids, crowds, entertainment not fully back yet - it just wasn’t worth it and wasn’t going to be a relaxing vacation. Sucks too b/c my husband is deploying for a year so this was our last chance to go for a bit. I guess I’ll start trip planning for 2023! :rotfl2:

If my son was not able to be vaccinated we would not be going. Not that is stops us from getting covid but will lessen the effects enough for my not to worry so much.

I'm with you on struggling with what to do. It will be our first ever trip and leave in 2 days. We didn't get vaccinated until this week because we'll one in a sahm and husband's work still has everyone working from home. But with this strain even worse, it being on the rise and is going to Florida we decided to get at least the 1st shot to have some type of protection... until I read today that it can take 2 weeks to become effective at all. I wish they hadn't lightened restrictions, or at least put the 35% back. Best we can do if we aren't canceling is wear masks and be vigilant about hand washing and hand sanitizer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter