Should I request a specific room/area?

MickeyMonstersMom

DIS Veteran
I've always felt that WDW is at least as safe - probably safer - compared to any other vacation destination, and have no fears regarding my first solo trip. I'll be staying at ASMu and am familiar with the resort layout. I'd planned to just take whatever room I'm given and not add to the chorus of room requests; however, comments from others have made me wonder if I shouldn't request a room in a busier area, such as facing the pools - as opposed to getting a more isolated room around back by the parking lots. Thoughts?

I've stayed at ASMusic solo (as well as a few other places over the years). I did have a room overlooking the parking lot and woods, but it didn't bother me. However, I always request an upper floor room when I travel solo. I know WDW is fairly safe, but I just don't feel comfortable on the first floor solo (once I got a first floor room, and went back in the evening and begged to be moved).

I stayed at the ASMu the last time I went solo (Sept 2003) - I requested the Broadway buildings and 2nd floor - I was given a 2nd floor room in Broadway (looking out towards Jazz) closer to the stairwell on the end than to the elevator. I felt very safe there - at all times, even walking back from my car late 1 night. I think you'll be safe no matter where you get - just keep your wits about you.

Have fun!!

Thanks. I think I'll just take whatever I get, and if it makes me uncomfortable I'll ask to move. I don't think I'll have any problem, though. :)

I stayed solo at ASMu last April, and mentioned to CRO that I was travelling alone. I also did fax in a request mentioning the same thing. I was given a preferred room (front of the resort) facing the parking lot on the third floor.

I don't think it would hurt to mention it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter