Should we even consider Knotts?

Knotts certainly isn't run down at all. Its a great park for those that love thrill rides such as big coasters. It also has some tamer rides for toddlers as well as river rapids ride, log flume ride etc. Its an old west themed park with actual old west buildings transplanted from ghost town around the country.

Many dislike most parks that aren't Disney or perhaps Universal. Knotts is a classic old fashioned family amusement park that reminds of days gone by.

Be sure to see the Peanuts ice skating show. Really fun! Knotts diner or take out is by far the best value if you love old fashioned fried chicken and fixings.

Only you can decide if you want to go to Knotts or have another day at DLR. Knotts haunted nights are not for kids. They have an age requirement of 16+ I think.

This. I frequent a few coaster forums and I have not got the impression from them that the park is run down. The coaster enthusiasts do get pretty excited about Screamscape though, so I'm thinking Knott's must do a pretty good job with that.

Is the not recommended ART bus the shuttle between the two that was recently announced?

I have an alternative plan for you and this is what I would do if I had your schedule.

Go to Knott's on Thursday. Knott's will be far less crowded than on Friday or Saturday and you will be able to get in a good day in with the time you have. You'll be able to get on all the good rides, and see the shows (especially the Snoopy Ice Show).

While at Knott's be sure you go see the Mystery Lodge. It is a bit dated by today's standards, but it is a wonderful attraction/show and is often missed because of its location.

Thursday night you have your choice of having dinner at Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant or coming back to Downtown Disney or even doing Goofy's at the Disneyland Hotel.

Go to DCA on Friday. Spend the full day. You can check out everything and even get in World of Color or the Mad T Party.

That leaves all day Saturday for Disneyland and Mickey's Halloween Party. Don't worry about the crowds. Crowds at Disneyland are full every day this time of year (Friday and Saturday are about the same). And if you do everything at the Halloween Party (Trick or Treat Trails, Parade, character meets, special shows, etc.) you won't have time for the other attractions, so get all those in during the daytime.

This maximizes your time in the various theme parks without wasting park time traveling (I hate spending park time on buses). It also keeps you in the Disney experience on consecutive days without breaking it up with Snoopy (love him as I do).

Hope you have fun!

Verrrrrrrrrrrrry interessssssssssssssting.

I saw this in the Theme Parks forum, so assumed it had been moved, but it looks like it has been cloned - both threads are identical to a point, but new posts only appear in one or the other.

I have an alternative plan for you and this is what I would do if I had your schedule.

Go to Knott's on Thursday. Knott's will be far less crowded than on Friday or Saturday and you will be able to get in a good day in with the time you have. You'll be able to get on all the good rides, and see the shows (especially the Snoopy Ice Show).

While at Knott's be sure you go see the Mystery Lodge. It is a bit dated by today's standards, but it is a wonderful attraction/show and is often missed because of its location.

Thursday night you have your choice of having dinner at Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant or coming back to Downtown Disney or even doing Goofy's at the Disneyland Hotel.

Go to DCA on Friday. Spend the full day. You can check out everything and even get in World of Color or the Mad T Party.

That leaves all day Saturday for Disneyland and Mickey's Halloween Party. Don't worry about the crowds. Crowds at Disneyland are full every day this time of year (Friday and Saturday are about the same). And if you do everything at the Halloween Party (Trick or Treat Trails, Parade, character meets, special shows, etc.) you won't have time for the other attractions, so get all those in during the daytime.

This maximizes your time in the various theme parks without wasting park time traveling (I hate spending park time on buses). It also keeps you in the Disney experience on consecutive days without breaking it up with Snoopy (love him as I do).

Hope you have fun!

There isnt a party on the Saturday is there? :confused3

We went to Knott's this past February. We went with a 16 yr old, 9 yr old and 7 yr old. The rides were great for the 9 yr old and 16 yr old. Our 9 yr old was able to go on just about everything he wanted. Our 7 yr old was a little more timid and enjoyed some of the medium sized coasters and the Snoopy area. He also was thrilled with some of the older rides like the log flume.

We went from about 9 am to 3 pm and it was perfect for our family. We felt like we did everything we wanted except Ghostrider. My DIL, who grew up in Long Beach, says to go on Ghostrider first thing or the line is awful. The ride broke down before we got to ride it and so we went and rode other things and never got back to it.

DDIL also says to go any days but weekends. We found the park to be lacking some of the charm that we remembered from when we were kids, but marveled at the way they could fit those big roller coasters around each other.

We will probably go again when our DS 7 is a little older and bigger. He's kind of a skinny little kid, so he feels a little unsafe in some of the harnesses. :upsidedow

I didn't feel like I missed anything important or super special at Knott's - I felt like we had a great time and was satisfied with our day.

We are planning on something similar to you when we go in Oct. We have 3 day hoppers and are adding a Halloween party which gives us 4 days. We are taking our Halloween party day easy and getting in some beach time or pool time and there's a restaurant we want to go to over by Knott's. We won't go in until about 3 pm (it's a Tues.) and stay until close.

Among locals Knott's is primarily known for its Halloween event. Otherwise its reputation has diminished in recent years as management has tried to turn it into Cedar Point West. Since the beginning of the year, however, there's a new CEO who used to be President of Disneyland, and people say some of the old charm is coming back.

I thought so which is why I was confused that someone suggested the OP spent Th at Knotts, Fri at DCR and Sat at DL and the party.

I have to do the party on the Friday night but don't you think Thursday would be the best day to experience Carsland, which is the whole purpose of us going back! I think crowds will be lighter on Thurs than Fri and Saturday?

Not gonna add my 2 cents - the Theme Parks forum has more than enough of the "Is KBF worth it?" argument already.

Here is information about transportation from DLR to KBF

Thank you so much for the information on the Bus system.

The reason my title is "Should we even consider Knotts?" has everything to do with our schedule and the time of year we will be going. We know we are interested in visiting the park for all it's charm but since Halloween is a busy time for Knotts

The reason my title is "Should we even consider Knotts?" has everything to do with our schedule and the time of year we will be going. We know we are interested in visiting the park for all it's charm but since Halloween is a busy time for Knott's (and DLR) and we have our Mickey Halloween Party to attend, the hours are restricting us from full days. However, it's not like we can go to Knott's anytime since we live in Louisiana. We want to take advantage of the opportunity to visit Knott's but it will close early on Friday and Saturday for there own party.

The Schedule is this SO FAR, it keeps changing! LOL:

Thurs- DCA all day from open to close! My son LOVES Cars!
Fri- We are still undecided which park but possibly back to DCA
Fri Night- @ 4pm we will be at DLR for Halloween party
Sat- probably Knott's 10-5:30 pm (open to close)
Sat Night- DTD for dinner, It is my son's 6th birthday!!!
Sun - Character Breakfast at Surf's Up before we leave at noon!

I know Saturday will be busier at Knott's but probably at DLR, I assume. I feel that Thursday is the best day for DCA to get the best Carsland experience!

Thank you all for all your opinions! It does help so much since you guys know what's best and we are just guessing! I'm just wondering if it makes sense?

Saturdays are sometimes the LEAST CROWDED days at DLR, since most AP's are blocked out. When we go on Saturdays (we are premium passholders), it is less crowded than the other days.

Knott's is good if you want thrilling rollercoasters. It's run down, sadly a shadow of it's former self, and has a...less than desirable crowd. Night and day compared to DLR. You can get rollercoasters anywhere, and probably a better park. Your Disney experience will be first rate, Knott's just opposite.

I've been reading this lately and now I am considering DLR on Saturday but will be an exhausting day at Knotts on Fri then HP on Fri Night! We went to Disney in May and my husband really loves thrill rides so we have to check out KBF for him! KBF closes at 5:30 on Fri and Sat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter