Should we skip Disneyland!?

Personally, after my wedding I was exhausted. I wanted nothing more than to just fly off to Maui for a week to relax, which is what we did, and it was wonderful. DL is so taxing, and I would not have enjoyed it starting off tired already! We went to DL six months after the wedding...we wanted to go before we had kids! It was a great trip. So I say do DL when you have the energy to really enjoy it.

Another vote for keeping everything AS-IS. DLR was my honeymoon as well ( 20 yrs ago ), and have been to Oahu a couple times. You'll be busy, but you're young! - DO IT!
If you really thinking of 'adjusting' it - maybe skip Maui, extend Oahu 1 day and California 1 day. Nothing against Maui, but just 2/3 days might not be enough. There's definitely lots to do on Oahu. Agree with the comments already stated, I have friends that live a block from Lanikai, and it really is THAT BEAUTFUL.

First of all, Congratulations!! I know that you are getting a million different answers here and that can get confusing and make you second guess yourself.
I like your plan. I think the only thing I would change is to skip Maui. You would only have about 1.5 days there and that just wouldn't be worth all the time, money and hassle to me. Like someone else said, maybe extend DL and Oahu by a day a piece? Or just extend your time at Aulani. We love the Ko Olina area (where Aulani is) it is quiet there and not anything like Waikiki. There is so much to do and see on Oahu-Pearl Harbor, the North Shore, do a luau, do a snorkel trip, see some beautiful beaches, even a trip to Waikiki is fun for the day. We also did a hummer tour at the Kualoa Ranch where they have filmed a bunch of movies and tv shows. That would be my only recommendation! Go! Have Fun!!

We are WDW vets and did our first trip West in August. We LOVED DLR! It was a much more relaxing trip without having to do fast pass 60 days in advance, fight for ADR's, etc. the California parks had a more relaxed feel and there were more couples and young people compared to WDW. Besides, aren't Bride Mickey ears enough to seal the deal?

But you can rest when you get to Hawaii! lol Then even though you may have jet lag you can use your time in Hawaii to just chill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter