desl10

Mouseketeer
We are currently booked at the Signia by Hilton Bonnet Creek. We are traveling with 3 kids. It will be our first time staying off property . However, after reading up on the extra magic park hours in the evenings I am debating switching to the Dolphin resort in order to get the extra hours. Pros would be extra hours, closer to 2 parks, cons would be smaller rooms/bed, no extra park time and missing the pool life at signia. We have never stayed at Dolphin either. Any feedback good or bad on each resort. Is it really worth the switch for those extra evening park hours?
Misc info
We booked non hopper park tickets. And plan for 4 parks days only and 1 pool day.
Edit
We are going may 28th-June 4th.

Last edited:
Have you checked the dates for the extra evening hours to be sure they line up with you vacation dates? Also, without hoppers, you can only visit the after hours park if that's the one you'll be visiting during the day. The nighttime hours are a big benefit, if your kids are old enough to stay up for them.

We've stayed at the Dolphin many times and it really can't be beat for location. Not getting on a bus for two of the parks is definitely a big perk. There are good food options, the pool area and little beaches are nice, the swan boats are a fun little extra.

And with all that said, we're staying at Signia for part of our trip in March because Dolphin/Swan isn't available! It looks great and I'm sure we'll enjoy it

Have you checked the dates for the extra evening hours to be sure they line up with you vacation dates? Also, without hoppers, you can only visit the after hours park if that's the one you'll be visiting during the day. The nighttime hours are a big benefit, if your kids are old enough to stay up for them.

We've stayed at the Dolphin many times and it really can't be beat for location. Not getting on a bus for two of the parks is definitely a big perk. There are good food options, the pool area and little beaches are nice, the swan boats are a fun little extra.

And with all that said, we're staying at Signia for part of our trip in March because Dolphin/Swan isn't available! It looks great and I'm sure we'll enjoy it
The evening hours haven’t been released for our dates yet. Our kids are 12,9,6. They are night owls and don’t mind hanging out late. Our plan was to kinda go all day bc getting to ride the rides is out biggest focus. I am concern with crowds so I was thinking the evening hours would allow for more ride time.
How’s the pools at dolphin?

The evening hours haven’t been released for our dates yet. Our kids are 12,9,6. They are night owls and don’t mind hanging out late. Our plan was to kinda go all day bc getting to ride the rides is out biggest focus. I am concern with crowds so I was thinking the evening hours would allow for more ride time.
How’s the pools at dolphin?
The main pool is nice. Waterslide, waterfall, and several different sections. There are pool floats you can rent too. There's also a lap pool and at least 2 hot tubs.

I would recommend keeping your reservation, Signia Bonnet Creek is an amazing resort, one of Hilton's finest, and it's hard to find good rates there.. If you already have a reservation it would be wise to keep it..

I would recommend keeping your reservation, Signia Bonnet Creek is an amazing resort, one of Hilton's finest, and it's hard to find good rates there.. If you already have a reservation it would be wise to keep it..

Did you find their park transportation good at Signia?

Yes its very reliable and in comfortable motorcoach buses, here is a helpful site that details the daily shuttle schedule: https://www.bonnetshuttle.com
Thank you! Do they scan something to get on the bus? Or you just load up at the designate spot?
Yeah the only positive to the dolphin is those extra magic hours and proximity . But other than that. The Signia looks very new and clean. So perhaps the extra hours don’t justify the switch. 🤦‍♀️ I was reading some reviews on dolphin from recent stays and people were complaining about the cleanliness. We booked the Signia about 4 months ago so we have the rate locked in.

Another benefit of the Dolphin is being able to book your ILL's at 7 am. Off property have to wait until park opening.

Please update me after y’all stay in March.

I wanted to book Signia and they didn’t have an option for my family of 5. If you are five and have a room booked there I would advise to keep it but if you’re doing two rooms at signia maybe dolphin could save you a good chunk of money and have the added benefits.

We are currently booked at the Signia by Hilton Bonnet Creek. We are traveling with 3 kids. It will be our first time staying off property . However, after reading up on the extra magic park hours in the evenings I am debating switching to the Dolphin resort in order to get the extra hours. Pros would be extra hours, closer to 2 parks, cons would be smaller rooms/bed, no extra park time and missing the pool life at signia. We have never stayed at Dolphin either. Any feedback good or bad on each resort. Is it really worth the switch for those extra evening park hours?
Misc info
We booked non hopper park tickets. And plan for 4 parks days only and 1 pool day.
Edit
We are going may 28th-June 4th.
The pool at the Dolphin is very nice with the grotto and the slide and tons of hot tubs plus two quiet pools. The poolside bar at the Dolphin side makes some killer drinks last time we were there.

The main pool is nice. Waterslide, waterfall, and several different sections. There are pool floats you can rent too. There's also a lap pool and at least 2 hot tubs.
Love the pools at Swan and Dolphin! I'd pick onsite vs. off anyday if I had a choice....by onsite I mean these hotels with easy access all over property,no car needed

** I understand that actually you must have first started in the park you reserved but can either hop to another or enjoy the eve hours in a different park after. I would double check this

You can only hop to the evening hours park if you have a parkhopper ticket or AP.
From the WDW website
Know Before You Go
  • Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours–or, Guests may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or annual pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park where they made their reservation.
full text here

You can only hop to the evening hours park if you have a parkhopper ticket or AP.
From the WDW website
Know Before You Go
  • Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours–or, Guests may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or annual pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park where they made their reservation.
full text here
If we did switch to enjoy evening hours our plan is to plan our park days to Coincide with the parks evening hours. I know it would be a long day but our kids are night owls and use to long vacation days. Thankfully they travel well. We currently still have our Signia reservation. I was hesitant to cancel based on other reviewers saying that it can be hard to come by. I still can’t decide if the switch is worth the evening hours. I kinda like the Signia vibe and the updated hotel as apposed ti the swan and dolphin. I am probably driving my Husbands crazy bc I keep wavering in what to do. We have points for both hotels (Signia, dolphins/swan) so the cost is less of a factor. It’s about crowds and if we would be able to get more done by having those extra evening hours.
As a guest at Signia we already get the morning 30 minutes.

If we did switch to enjoy evening hours our plan is to plan our park days to Coincide with the parks evening hours. I know it would be a long day but our kids are night owls and use to long vacation days. Thankfully they travel well. We currently still have our Signia reservation. I was hesitant to cancel based on other reviewers saying that it can be hard to come by. I still can’t decide if the switch is worth the evening hours. I kinda like the Signia vibe and the updated hotel as apposed ti the swan and dolphin. I am probably driving my Husbands bc I keep wavering in what to do. We have points for both hotels (Signia, dolphins/swan) so the cost is less of a factor. It’s about crowds and if we would be able to get more done by having those extra evening hours.
mad a guest at Signia we already get the morning 30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter