Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia+DLP TR Sept 2014*COMPLETE* New TR link added 7/3

Your tour sounds amazing and is totally right up our alley. We love wine so those pictures of the wine cellar really caught my eye.

Live hearing about things like why they have all the Mary statues.

That pasta looks amazing - I am such a carb nut I could eat myself sick on that!

Sounds like a really fun evening!

Thank you Khertz for your wonderful review. Love the pictures! We have traveled Italy a number of time and just LOVE the food. So fresh and simple....boy I wish I could have some for breakfast now. As others have stated "welcome to the addiction club". You picked a wonderful trip but now you have a huge problem......which trip will be your next? Looking forward to more.....you have ME addicted to your review(s).....:thumbsup2

MMMMMMMM...food. Nothing like fresh pasta, so rare to get it here in the states. (North End of Boston, MASS is my favorite spot for this.) Sounds like a fun pre-night, even if you were falling asleep in your gnocchi. :rotfl2:

WOW!! All the food looked amazing! I need to find that place that has the risotto balls while we are there. :)

Mmmm. Your pictures brought back so many memories. For some reason, I did not take many pics on the food tour. I will have to steal some of yours. I regret not buying some of those cookies, and the gnocchi was fantastic! I did try the salad at the wine cellar and it was very different, barley and peas and something else. Very refreshing.

Laurie

I SO enjoyed that food tour, and your pictures and description took me right back to that night!!! I can taste that awesome fried artichoke right now... Mmmmmmm!!! And the suppli, and those wonderful cookies....

WOW, that "Mary" story in fascinating! I can see that actually being even more of a deterrent there than actual cameras.

Hmmm, I wonder if that woman was pulling up a Marble Rye? (Only Seinfeld fans would get that, lol).

I'm suddenly, extremely hungry now. That tour looks amazing. A food tour... through Rome. Really, can it get any better than that?

The food tour sounds awesome. Good for y'all being able to climb the stairs at the end of the wine tasting. ;)

MARY IS WATCHING SO DON'T SCREW UP. Hahahah. That is awesome.

Good to know about legit gelato! Sound so... yum. :)

So I have been procrastinating subbing along because I fear once I start reading I am going to want to do an ABD too! (something that really isn't on our radar or in our price range!).

BUT for fear of getting too far behind I am here now and will catch up on the reading this afternoon. :surfweb:

Your tour sounds amazing and is totally right up our alley. We love wine so those pictures of the wine cellar really caught my eye.

Live hearing about things like why they have all the Mary statues.

That pasta looks amazing - I am such a carb nut I could eat myself sick on that!

Sounds like a really fun evening!

The wine cellar was really cool, but it did start getting pretty humid down there after awhile. It was a welcome relief to get back outside where the air was moving! But it was a cool spot to stop for a snack and some vino.

I tried to absorb as much knowledge as I could, and the Mary thing was one of the bits of info I didn't have to try hard to remember because I found it SO interesting!

I am ALL ABOUT the carb life...I could never give them up! Bread, pasta, potatoes...this whole trip was pretty much a culinary heaven for me!

Thank you Khertz for your wonderful review. Love the pictures! We have traveled Italy a number of time and just LOVE the food. So fresh and simple....boy I wish I could have some for breakfast now. As others have stated "welcome to the addiction club". You picked a wonderful trip but now you have a huge problem......which trip will be your next? Looking forward to more.....you have ME addicted to your review(s).....:thumbsup2

Wow, thanks so much for your kind words! I do my best to take LOTS of notes so that I have good information to share when I get back. :goodvibes I miss the food soooooooo much. We ate so many delicious things there!

Oh goodness, ABD is definitely an addiction! I think it will be tough to decide where to go next, and the wait until we are able to take another one just seems infinite right now. But I definitely don't think we are done with ABD!!!

It sounds like a wonderful tour. The food looks amazing!! :)

Honestly, I was a little nervous when we got to the first stop because the fried artichoke wasn't my speed. It was good, but not my favorite. Luckily, the food just got better and better as we went along! Totally worth every penny.

MMMMMMMM...food. Nothing like fresh pasta, so rare to get it here in the states. (North End of Boston, MASS is my favorite spot for this.) Sounds like a fun pre-night, even if you were falling asleep in your gnocchi. :rotfl2:

I never thought about how different real, FRESH pasta would taste, but there really is nothing like it! It was a great first night, and just what we needed to keep us from going to bed at 4 pm. :lmao:

WOW!! All the food looked amazing! I need to find that place that has the risotto balls while we are there. :)

Definitely check it out if you can. They are a GREAT snack! Hot, fresh, and filling. :goodvibes

Looks like Karen is the Queen of finding foodie tours!

Sayhello

And thank goodness for that!! :thumbsup2

Mmmm. Your pictures brought back so many memories. For some reason, I did not take many pics on the food tour. I will have to steal some of yours. I regret not buying some of those cookies, and the gnocchi was fantastic! I did try the salad at the wine cellar and it was very different, barley and peas and something else. Very refreshing.

Laurie

Absolutely! I should be getting them shared over at the Flickr group soon. :thumbsup2 I am with you on those cookies. We should have bought some to take home! I wish we had made it back there at some point later on in our Rome stay. Thanks for the info on the salad. Since I wasn't eating it, I didn't write down a single thing about it! :rotfl:

I SO enjoyed that food tour, and your pictures and description took me right back to that night!!! I can taste that awesome fried artichoke right now... Mmmmmmm!!! And the suppli, and those wonderful cookies....

I had a hard time writing those updates and wiping the drool off my chin... :laughing:

WOW, that "Mary" story in fascinating! I can see that actually being even more of a deterrent there than actual cameras.

Hmmm, I wonder if that woman was pulling up a Marble Rye? (Only Seinfeld fans would get that, lol).

I know!! I definitely would think twice if Mother Mary was watching me!

Uhhh...yeah, I don't get it. :confused3

I'm suddenly, extremely hungry now. That tour looks amazing. A food tour... through Rome. Really, can it get any better than that?

I didn't think that it could either, but oh, it did! It was certainly a good starting point though. :thumbsup2 I feel a little cheated now, because I always loved going out to eat at Italian restaurants, and now I have been spoiled to REAL Italian food!

The food tour sounds awesome. Good for y'all being able to climb the stairs at the end of the wine tasting. ;)

MARY IS WATCHING SO DON'T SCREW UP. Hahahah. That is awesome.

Good to know about legit gelato! Sound so... yum. :)

:lmao: Right?! It was a little touch & go there for a minute, but we all made it up in one piece!

Those Romans...so creative! I know it would certainly work as a deterrent on me if I was thinking of doing something sketchy!

So I have been procrastinating subbing along because I fear once I start reading I am going to want to do an ABD too! (something that really isn't on our radar or in our price range!).

BUT for fear of getting too far behind I am here now and will catch up on the reading this afternoon. :surfweb:

Watch out, Stacy, the ABD addiction is definitely catching!!! It was never really on our radar either until the podcast episode about the Viva Italia trip. Then when I knew it was something I just HAD to do, we started saving like crazy for it. Expensive, but worth every penny. Even my husband, who hates spending money, totally agrees!

Glad to have you along! And I accept no responsibility for any ABD trips that may or may not be booked in your future. :lmao:

Awesome pics from the food tour
I am so happy everyone enjoyed
It was a fun night
:cool1:

Awesome pics from the food tour
I am so happy everyone enjoyed
It was a fun night
:cool1:

Thanks for setting the tour up, Karen. It was so much fun! We really enjoyed the entire experience. I saw on Facebook you also commented on that photo of he cheese & pepper pasta. I think we are going to try out making it ourselves! :goodvibes

Prosecco is my FAVORITE!!! Ugh I love it and miss it so. I had it at Via Napoli in July but it just wasn't the same.

The wine cellar looks so cool, but I am not much of a wine drinker either so it would be lost on me.

That fried risotto ball sounds AMAZING!

All that pasta sounds unreal.

Hehe I agree with Anna's assessment of gelato…but did that stop me from eating bright blue cake batter gelato? No, it did not.

Absolutely adore this report! Can't wait for me and am green with envy!! My husband says its too expensive, but I think I will insist... Italy is on the top of my bucket list!!

What a great start (and looong day!). That food tour sounded like the perfect combo of food, fun and local information. Those loaves of bread look so awesome.

All the buildings look beautiful but I particularly loved the church you wondered around before the tour. Wow!

I feel a little cheated now, because I always loved going out to eat at Italian restaurants, and now I have been spoiled to REAL Italian food!
Well then, maybe I shouldn't be jealous and want to go there after all. I mean, I love Italian food and I'd hate to ruin it for myself. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Joining in, and enjoying your report so far! I found the link from Imagineer5's report. This will be the first ABD report I have read, so I'm really interested in it. Also, we are planning a couple of days at DLP in March, so I'm looking forward to those updates as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter