"Shrinking" to the Simpsons

ScubaD

She is my Disney
In order to avoid "Sweatin' to the Oldies":scared: I have decided to be "Shrinkin' to the Simpsons":happytv: . I have my old TV and DVD setup in the garage with my workout equipment (dusting the gear must be done first though) and the first eleven seasons of the Simpsons are ready to be viewed.

So now I just have to get out there and do something. My goal is to lose enough weight to fit into size 38 pants:thumbsup2 (I am a size 44 now :confused3 ) for my DD's wedding in July, and our 25th Anniversary DL cruise in August. Plus I would like to be around for my greandchildren's first walk into the Magic Kingdom, whenever that arrives.

Does anyone else workout to other TV shows, since they all seem to be coming out on DVD?

And my main target is to run in the WDW half marathon in 2010 and join in the fun of the DisBoarders W.I.S.H. activities.:cool1:

Dave

Hi Dave
that sure sounds like fun and I would love to join you. I have to admit I have the sweatin to the oldies vhs,ack but I would much rather exercise to the Simpsons or to my fav old shows like The Smurfs,yup I love that show and Land of the Lost and HR PuffnStuff and Sigmund and the Sea Monsters and of course some Disney shows too :lmao:
I am also going to be doing the half so its nice to meet you and we sure have our share of exercise and old shows to get thru till 2010 :rotfl2: \

by the way ..you sure have some great things in your future to look forward to and get healthy for!!!!

I have been watching season one of House on the treadmill......

I've got myself "hooked" to the TV via headphones so I don't wake everyone and usually will find some live program to while away the time, or a movie or 2 if I'm on TM for long sessions.

I'm glad you've got that dust rag out and WISH you all the best fun!

See you at the 2010 event. Don't wait too long to sign up for the half. That closes early spring usually.

Another TV-watcher here! I'll meet your Simpsons--many seasons of fun--and raise you the standbys I catch live: reruns of L&O, House, Monk, Burn Notice, CSI, and NCIS. (Oddly enough, I don't watch poker tournaments. :rotfl2:) When I watch DVDs (love the Netflix), I like Battlestar Galactica. I love TV and it keeps me in the gym longer. (Commercials are good for intervals!)

Congratulations on your goals. I especially like that you've established a series of shorter and longer term goals, with specifics as to what your targets are (inches AND miles). Don't forget to check in on the fun on the Events portion of WISH, too, as you're planning on doing the half. Lily gives great advice about signing up for the half, btw. I'm always gobsmacked by how quickly it fills.

I've got myself "hooked" to the TV via headphones so I don't wake everyone and usually will find some live program to while away the time, or a movie or 2 if I'm on TM for long sessions.

I'm glad you've got that dust rag out and WISH you all the best fun!

See you at the 2010 event. Don't wait too long to sign up for the half. That closes early spring usually.

Thanks for the advice. I just registered for me, my Coast Guard son and his girlfriend. We can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter