Sigma 'Fast Prime' Fan Club

DSC00019a.jpg

First Build-a-Bear! I only took the 30/1.4 along.

1019984660_7YAZn-L.jpg

1019985134_EuHN5-L.jpg

1019986840_VhJcg-L.jpg

1019989248_2a8nX-L.jpg

1025836810_MJGUd-L.jpg

1019990071_qwFny-L.jpg

^^^^^ Awww....... they're not babies any more!! Cuteness times 3......... well......... I guess 6 when you add the bears! :goodvibes

It's Time by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

I traded a guy my Nikon 35/1.8 for his Sigma 30/1.4 last night. Here's an old Dirty-Thirty shot to celebrate- I'm looking forward to getting my next copy. Should be fun on the D7000. ;)

That's awesome (digging into the archives with a YOMD shot!). Who in their right mind would give up the Sigma 30 1.4 for the Nikon 35 1.8, though?! Sounds like you definitely got the better end of that deal!

Nice shot on the clock and bokeh - and a nice trade too for the Sigma! It's a solid little lens, when you get a good copy of it.

Mine mostly rides the dark rides at Disney...I use it for other stuff around home, but at Disney it's my go-to for the dark stuff - like when at F1.6 you STILL need ISO6400 just to eek out a 1/8 shutter!:
original.jpg

It still occasionally comes out during dusk:
original.jpg

or outdoors at night:
original.jpg

But inevitably, I'm using it wide open with high ISO handheld! That's what I bought it for.

Who in their right mind would give up the Sigma 30 1.4 for the Nikon 35 1.8, though?! Sounds like you definitely got the better end of that deal!

I sweetened the pot a little- but I still think I got the better end of the trade.

Here's one of my favorite pictures ever, from my favorite lens. I was at ISO 800, 1/10th, f/1.6. On the right, Parker is a little out of focus due to shallow DoF, but it doesn't bother me. The moment didn't last long, I'm glad I captured it.

Priceless by CodyWDWfan, on Flickr

Here's one of my favorite pictures ever, from my favorite lens. I was at ISO 800, 1/10th, f/1.6. On the right, Parker is a little out of focus due to shallow DoF, but it doesn't bother me. The moment didn't last long, I'm glad I captured it.

Awesome.

I love love love this picture. They just grow up so fast. Embrace these moments they are priceless.

I'm finding that I use my Sigma 30 very little for "Flickr shots" and a ton for family portraits. Probably around 75% of the shots in my trip report of Sarah and/or myself were taken with the Sigma 30, whereas I can only find these shots taken with it recently on Flickr:

Wishes! A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams by Tom Bricker (WDWFigment), on Flickr

Merry Christmas! by Tom Bricker (WDWFigment), on Flickr

Merry Christmas (Eve) From Mickey & Minnie by Tom Bricker (WDWFigment), on Flickr

The Magic of Disney Christmas by Tom Bricker (WDWFigment), on Flickr

Click any of the images for their Flickr pages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter