Singles Social Club: It's Still 5 o'clock somewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello friends, I am back from a long weekend in Denver visiting my cousin, I will try to go back and catch up today on what I have missed, but wanted to at least pop in and say hi!:)

Hello friends, I am back from a long weekend in Denver visiting my cousin, I will try to go back and catch up today on what I have missed, but wanted to at least pop in and say hi!:)

welcome back pirate:

Okay, so we have two weddings to participate in within the next 8 months. The first is Andrea and Jerry. I managed to dodge the whole bridesmaid thing but want to throw her an awesome wedding shower. Her maids would do it but they are all out of town. I am here local so all over this. December 1 is ideal because it is before the dessert party and wedding. Opinions? not Andrea's of course because she doesn't want it. . .too bad.

Don't forget the stripper. gotta do the stripper. it's like, a requirement or something, right?

Thankfully I don't have any more weddings to attend after this weekend. The one I went to Sunday was interesting, and other than being muggy as hell for the outdoor wedding (muggyness + dress shirt == not an attractive picture once I start sweating), it was pretty nice. Other than the group here, I don't think I have to worry about being asked to any other weddings for QUITE awhile since I don't have many single friends left.

Hello Everyone. I hope you all are having a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend. I am relaxing with a cup of coffee on my balcony before heading off for some golf in Northern Virginia. Of course, I would rather be heading off to a round of golf at WDW.

My weekend wasn't bad. Had a Sonic Craving on Saturday, which prompted a drive into Lancaster.... which in turn resulted in my stopping by the Disney Store(outlet)... which ended up having me buy 3 shirts (1 for TDB to possibly wear at MNSSHP) and matching Jack and Sally Water bottles.

Sunday was the wedding. Kinda sucks having your potential +1 be out of state... but oh well. I made sure to sneak out during the bouquet/Garter throws. ;)

And Yesterday was just lazy.

Following my pledge to myself to get back into the world of Disney Singles... and by the way... there are no other singles worth meeting... hope you all are having a wonderful holiday. I plan to check this thread everyday to get to know everyone.... wedding, Darcy? Are they Dis weddings???? Now that would be my total dream come true!:rolleyes1

We need to get a lot of people from this thread active again. Hopefully since school is restarting we might start to see people re-emerging from their non-SSC lives. :goodvibes:goodvibes

They aren't getting married at Disney, but they did meet through the DISboards. So yes, another match made on the DIS. There will be some subtle Disney themes in the wedding. As for my man's sons wedding, no Disney there. . .lol.

No Disney there?!?! Seriously? you gotta do something about that.

Welcome back! :goodvibes:goodvibes You didn't miss a whole lot since it seems like most of the crowd is still hiding. I know TDB's excuse for not being here (It's actually a valid excuse... and no... it doesn't have to do with me.).... But we need everybody else to show back up.

Actually... that reminds me...

CT... did you get power back yet? :confused3

Sorry I've been absent guys. Just got a lot of things going on in my life right now. I'll be around the next 2 days since I'm sick and have them off. Won't be much going out for me. Last weekend was great other thasn working the whole time. I got to see The Beach Boys with John Stamos on Saturday night and on Sunday night I saw Aaron Lewis (the lead singer for Staind) do an amazing acoustic set at a under 500 seat venue. He puts on one hell of a show thats for sure! Started getting sick on Sunday and today it turned into a full blown sinus infection, fever, migraine, sore throat. Thankfully I have antibiotics in the house. I hope this goes away soon. I left work early today because I couldn't handle being there. ugh... hope everyone else's week is going better than mine!

Hey everyone...
Power came back sometime between Friday PM and Sat AM. Had a great weekend, now just trying to clean up after storm and now that school has started, it is busy again. I did lurk so I was able to keep up!

Hello! I'm checking in! I have a new job (yay!) and am working crazy hours. The school year started two weeks ago and I'm playing catch up. It's crazy, but I'm excited. :teacher: Things should calm down soon. And then my WDW trip is coming up. :cool1::cool1: September 30th can't come soon enough for me!!! princess:

Hello! I'm checking in! I have a new job (yay!) and am working crazy hours. The school year started two weeks ago and I'm playing catch up. It's crazy, but I'm excited. :teacher: Things should calm down soon. And then my WDW trip is coming up. :cool1::cool1: September 30th can't come soon enough for me!!! princess:

woo hoo!! totally awesome. Congrats!:banana::cheer2:

Sorry I've been MIA everyone, dealing with the stress of being one of my grandfathers caregivers. I've been keeping up, just haven't had much to say.

Hope everyone's week is going well so far!

Also I'm thinking of doing a solo trip to DL early next month during the week; anyone available to hit the parks mid week?

Hey everyone...
Power came back sometime between Friday PM and Sat AM. Had a great weekend, now just trying to clean up after storm and now that school has started, it is busy again. I did lurk so I was able to keep up!

Glad to hear you have power again. :goodvibes:goodvibes Hopefully once things settle down a bit we'll get the pleasure of your SSC contributions again.

:woohoo::woohoo: Seems you are now up to 4 damned good reasons to look forward to this trip.

1. ME! ;)
2. F&W
3. MNSSHP
4. A chance to just veg and hit the hottub and relax after running around like crazy the past week. :goodvibes:goodvibes

:hug:

T:woohoo:
Glad to hear you have power again. :goodvibes:goodvibes Hopefully once things settle down a bit we'll get the pleasure of your SSC contributions again.

:woohoo::woohoo: Seems you are now up to 4 damned good reasons to look forward to this trip.

1. ME! ;)
2. F&W
3. MNSSHP
4. A chance to just veg and hit the hottub and relax after running around like crazy the past week. :goodvibes:goodvibes

:hug:
Hey!!! What about me?? Hanging out with me isn't a perk? ;)

T:woohoo:
Hey!!! What about me?? Hanging out with me isn't a perk? ;)

But of course....

...But I'm still waiting on the official word on the plans.

Actually...

Anybody else going to be in town the weekend of October 1st? We need to figure out when/where to meet up.

Back in Geneva after putting over 5000 miles on my Rental Car in a month. Thinking about Tapas tonight..just finished a nice bottle of Spanish Wine....

Hump day is over in Swiss

Back in Geneva after putting over 5000 miles on my Rental Car in a month. Thinking about Tapas tonight..just finished a nice bottle of Spanish Wine....

Hump day is over in Swiss

I'm wondering if i may need to swim home tonight. I'm actually glad I'm on a 2nd floor apartment since most of the rest of my department is either dealing with basement flooding, roads flooded out between here and home, or both.

What's really impressive is that the river is already 5ft above normal levels and is expected to hit flood levels on Thursday. (and this isn't exactly a skinny river...)

I'm wondering if i may need to swim home tonight. I'm actually glad I'm on a 2nd floor apartment since most of the rest of my department is either dealing with basement flooding, roads flooded out between here and home, or both.

What's really impressive is that the river is already 5ft above normal levels and is expected to hit flood levels on Thursday. (and this isn't exactly a skinny river...)

So you basically have a pool now at your place...you know what that means....Pool Party....get the tiki lamps out and let's go:goodvibes:goodvibes

So you basically have a pool now at your place...you know what that means....Pool Party....get the tiki lamps out and let's go:goodvibes:goodvibes

no pool... though i'm guessing the drainage pit in the apartment complex is probably starting to fill up. It hasn't stopped raining here in about 3 or 4 days now.

Even still... if I had one, it's starting to get too chili to really enjoy the pool party. Last night on my way home the car was saying it was in the upper 50's. :sad2:

the Knoebels facebook page has current photos of the park, it's underwater right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter