(Site) Size Matters!

Napria

It really *is* the Happiest Place!
We went to the Fort at the end of this January and had -- overall -- a great time.

However, when we arrived, we checked in and drove to the site they had assigned to us and there was just no way at all that we could have backed into that site. My DH can maneouver our fifth wheel just about anywhere, but although I told them that our fiver was 34 feet, the site was probably about 36 feet and angled wrong (has anyone else noticed that quite a few sites are angled wrong?)

After driving for 6 hours, I was just about in tears when I asked about moving to a different site. They had a problem finding us another one, but after 20 minutes or so of looking on the computer, going into the back, getting other cast members to help, etc. they finally were able to reassign us.

Now this was in January, the supposedly low season and the Fort was practically jam-packed full. I've just booked for May/June of 2008. I expect it to be MUCH busier then.

Does anyone have any suggestions for making sure we get a site that's angled properly and is large enough for a 34 foot fifth wheel AND a crew cab long bed dually? I'm afraid if we don't get it right off the bat, they won't be able to reassign us and then what do we do?!

I've got a 38 foot 5th wheel + crew cab and have had no problem with the sites we've had so far. Try 1313 or 1609 (most of the 1600's on that side should be no problem).

We need a pet loop and preferred (cable) site. I think the only loops that fit the bill are 300, 700 and 800.

Did anyone else notice that the angle of some sites is so sharp that they're less than 90 degrees?

We went to the Fort at the end of this January and had -- overall -- a great time.

However, when we arrived, we checked in and drove to the site they had assigned to us and there was just no way at all that we could have backed into that site. My DH can maneouver our fifth wheel just about anywhere, but although I told them that our fiver was 34 feet, the site was probably about 36 feet and angled wrong (has anyone else noticed that quite a few sites are angled wrong?)

After driving for 6 hours, I was just about in tears when I asked about moving to a different site. They had a problem finding us another one, but after 20 minutes or so of looking on the computer, going into the back, getting other cast members to help, etc. they finally were able to reassign us.

Now this was in January, the supposedly low season and the Fort was practically jam-packed full. I've just booked for May/June of 2008. I expect it to be MUCH busier then.

Does anyone have any suggestions for making sure we get a site that's angled properly and is large enough for a 34 foot fifth wheel AND a crew cab long bed dually? I'm afraid if we don't get it right off the bat, they won't be able to reassign us and then what do we do?!

Which loop did you have this problem?

Sorry for the long delay... We were RVing closer to home for Spring Break. Wish we'd been at the Fort, though...

On our last trip to the Fort, we were originally placed in the 300 loop, but got moved to 800. We had been in 300 back in December of 2005 when we originally got our fifth wheel, and that time we had a site that was too tight to have both our slideout out and our awning out at the same time. We opted for the slideout and left the awning in.

I've made our reservations for May of 2008 and requested 800 loop. It seems overall a bit better with regard to the layout of the sites. Hopefully, they'll be able to honor the request and we'll get a site that's wide enough and angled at greater than 90 degrees.

Just got back from FW. :guilty: We stayed in the 500 loop which is a prefered pet overflow, so not everyone had pets ( we did ). Of all the sites I only saw maybe two that I would have had trouble getting my 38' Class A into. Most of the sites had big rigs on them. Here is a pic of our site ( that's our rental van in front ).
fx542.jpg

We were right on the curve so it was very easy to back in.
fw542.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter