Site work at Reflections

The Jackal

DIS Veteran
Looks like some site work for the next DVC/ Disney resort is about to begin. Wonder if Riviera will be sold out before Reflections is finished.

Looks like some site work for the next DVC/ Disney resort is about to begin. Wonder if Riviera will be sold out before Reflections is finished.

It depends on whether the new resale restrictions put in place backfires on DVD.

LAX

I think it really depends on the economy when Riviera is selling, if things are good it will sell as well as CCV did, if we are in a recession it might take them a little longer. Most new buyers won't have any idea about the restrictions......... until it is to late, and they lose 50% of the value of their contract.

I think it really depends on the economy when Riviera is selling, if things are good it will sell as well as CCV did, if we are in a recession it might take them a little longer. Most new buyers won't have any idea about the restrictions......... until it is to late, and they lose 50% of the value of their contract.

Maybe this belongs in a new thread, but if most new owners end up buying without realizing there is even a resale market (hence the impact of the new restriction on them), why is DVD so concerned that it "puts the hammer down" on resale owners going forward? The resale market has to have some not insignificant impact on direct sales for DVD to risk alienating existing owners who might at some point need to sell their contract. I was thinking if enough bad PR/awareness is generated from the latest restriction, it might perhaps put a dent on DRR's direct sale.

LAX

It depends on if they ever actually announce the points charts and start selling points at Riviera.

Is it just me or does this seem to be dragging on forever?

I'd be more interested in Reflections, so I want to just move on already. lol

Maybe this belongs in a new thread, but if most new owners end up buying without realizing there is even a resale market (hence the impact of the new restriction on them), why is DVD so concerned that it "puts the hammer down" on resale owners going forward? The resale market has to have some not insignificant impact on direct sales for DVD to risk alienating existing owners who might at some point need to sell their contract. I was thinking if enough bad PR/awareness is generated from the latest restriction, it might perhaps put a dent on DRR's direct sale.

LAX

Half the time these days I think DVC makes decisions based on that others are doing such and such so DVC probably should too. They're not leading so much with DVC these days but choosing "industry-standard".

Half the time these days I think DVC makes decisions based on that others are doing such and such so DVC probably should too. They're not leading so much with DVC these days but choosing "industry-standard".

If DVD/DVC were honest to itself, it's actually in an unique "industry." Which other timeshare system has most of its resorts near theme parks that are closely related to it? None! Thus, what industry-standard are they referring to? We know it's just an excuse to extract more profits, which I guess is a "standard" of ALL industries.

LAX

. . .
Is it just me or does this seem to be dragging on forever?

I'd be more interested in Reflections, so I want to just move on already. lol

I think what is different is that DVC announces way in advance that the resort is coming when only a few filings have been made in the construction requirements. And by doing that early announcement it seems like it is taking forever to get to the stage of selling points. Keep in mind that with BLT DVC insisted for many months that the building was the Kingdom Suites at the Contemporary Resort and was not a DVC resort. At least we don't have to deal with that kind of secrecy.

Is it reasonable to think that with the announced price hike of ccv on June 1 or before, that Riviera might go on sale on June 2?

I think CCV will be sold out before June 1, Riveria will probably be for sale in April or May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter