Six GAD Fast Passes only sternly enforced

get_us_to_WDW

Earning My Ears
So we just returned from WDW and have mixed reviews about redeeming our GAD vouchers. There were 8 in our party and 4 of us had vouchers we planned to redeem on this trip (saving some for our fall trip).

My parents redeemed theirs at the back gate of Epcot and immediately upgraded to Annual Passes. This was all done in one transaction, CMs were super nice and they got their Muppet Buttons.

I redeemed mine at DHS around 1pm and got 6 GAD Fastpass cards - there were only six of us that day so we each got one. The CM was very nice but I didn't get a button (forgot to ask). It was a great benefit because TSM was already out of FPs and a 120 minute wait.

On our last day my husband redeemed his voucher at Magic Kingdom. From the moment we approached the window I got a very bad vibe from the CM...he seemed annoyed that we were there before we even spoke. All 8 of us were there so he handed all 8 of our passes to the CM. Based on these boards we felt pretty confident we would be given 8 FP exchange cards...but that was not to be. The CM informed us that the limit was six. My husband asked (very nicely) if there was any way he could make an exception and was told flatly no. He was quite gruff and unpleasant. I was disappointed with the experience. Not that he enforced the policy...I understood the policy when we signed up...but by his attitude. We worked pretty hard on our project (and spent $$)...and it just seemed like it ended on a bad note with this CM's attitude. We did enjoy our FPs,though, and we had more than enough for a day of fun at MK.

All in all I had a great time volunteering and think it was a great program.

We will have the same scenario during our Nov. 2010 trip. There will be 8 of us total, but only 4 of us volunteered. We will be using our vouchers on 4 different days, but I figured we will have a difficult time figuring out who gets to use the six...guess our other 4 non-volunteers will have to take turns. Thanks for the heads up re: the policy. And I wonder with the CM's attitude if they've dealt with this a lot already :confused3
Otherwise, glad they worked out as much as they could! And I loved our volunteering experience too :thumbsup2

Hmm... I don't think that the fastpasses are linked to your card. If I'm right, you could let the 4 non-volunteers each use 3 fastpasses each day you redeem a GAD.

(I don't get to try mine out until November!)

It doesn't matter if everyone in your party volunteered or didn't - one GAD voucher is good to get everyone in your party (up to the stated maximum of six) a FP Exchange Card, with each card getting the Donald and Daisy credits.

Unfortunately for the OP, they are the first ever to report being limited to the six. Whether it was due to the attitude of the CM or whether there was a reason that day to be strict remains to be seen.

We just returned from spending 5 nights @ Disneyworld. There were a total of 8 in our group. We didn't have any trouble getting FP's for all 8 of us at the Magic Kingdom on two separate visits - and one was not until 8:00 pm! We also didn't have any trouble getting 7 FP's the day we went to Epcot and entered through the International Gateway (back gate) even though there was only 1 cast member working at the time. She wasn't sure she could do it, but after making a phone call to someone (a supervisor perhaps?) she was given a code to use over the telephone and voila! we had our 7 FP cards. They truly were a Godsend because the parks we visited were crazy crowded over this past Memorial Day weekend.

The "Honorary Voluntear" buttons we received were quite a conversation starter with both cast members and other guests. We enjoyed working with Harvest Hope Food Bank in SC for our GAD project so much that we have signed up to help out once every other month through the end of this year.

We didn't have any trouble getting FP's for all 8 of us at the Magic Kingdom on two separate visits - and one was not until 8:00 pm!

I'm glad to hear it! I hope our experience was the "exception." i.e. I hope enforcing the policy is the exception and making exceptions is the rule! :)

how do the fast pass cards work, are they good for unlimited fastpasses for the day and park you are in

get us to WDW, wow I wonder if we had the same guy at MK. Was his name Josh? I had the same experience when I went to the will call window. I could tell he was not happy to be there in the first place. I had to restrain myself to be nice because I was at this mercy but honestly no one else have me a hard time at all so it makes me wonder. Anyway, we did get 8 so that was a good thing, but I left that window feeling like why did he have to act like that. He didn't even give me my Voluntear button. I also noticed he did not write the parks initial and date like everyone else.

get us to WDW, wow I wonder if we had the same guy at MK. Was his name Josh? I had the same experience when I went to the will call window. I could tell he was not happy to be there in the first place. I had to restrain myself to be nice because I was at this mercy but honestly no one else have me a hard time at all so it makes me wonder. Anyway, we did get 8 so that was a good thing, but I left that window feeling like why did he have to act like that. He didn't even give me my Voluntear button. I also noticed he did not write the parks initial and date like everyone else.

jjmm - I wish I had taken notice of his name but I didn't. He was young (20's), tall with brown straight hair. The GAD program was all-around a great experience but the few minutes we spent dealing with him was just plain unpleasant! I felt we were treated with distrust and anger before we even spoke. Oh well - a small blemish on an otherwise beautiful experience.

Maybe it's just me...but perhaps said CM was annoyed or in a bad mood exactly because so many people are trying to push the rules with the GAD fast passes. I feel like Disney was already more than generous with their promotion and with the option to get SIX fast passes from a single GAD. Imagine being the family of four that arrives a few minutes later, only to be told that the fast passes are gone for the day because several others have received "extra" GAD FP.

Yes, the CM was very young, but I cannot remember the color of his hair. I definately agree with you 100%, it was a small blemish on an otherwise beautiful experience. :-)

I never thought that obtaining more than 6 FP would affect another family and sure would never want to cause this. With my experiance, I really think that this particually CM just didnt like working where he did. From the beginning he had an attitude before he knew what I was there for. All the other CMs were super friendly and I didn't have to even ask for more than 6 since they all automatically offered to to try to get the amount I needed.

With my experiance, I really think that this particually CM just didnt like working where he did. From the beginning he had an attitude before he knew what I was there for. All the other CMs were super friendly and I didn't have to even ask for more than 6 since they all automatically offered to to try to get the amount I needed.

Same...this particular CM was scowling and sighing before we even got to the 8 vs. 6 issue. The way he behaved is not defendable. I'm certain anyone who was there to witness this incident would agree.

Sorry you had that experience! We either were lucky or you were the unlucky exception for the day. We were there for 7 days and used our vouchers on Fastpasses. Two of the days there were 11 of us and we were all given vouchers. On the other days it varied from 5-9 people. We did have a wonderful time and these vouchers for FP made it just perfect since we didn't have to wait for the big attractions much at all.

We had 10 (1 under 2) folks on one of the first days of Memorial Day Weekend at Magic Kingdom.

I was PERFECTLY fine with only having 6 fastpasses. But I was willing to ask for 9! I politely asked to include 9 people with fastpass cards. I nodded that yes I understood it was 6 -- then I said it was our first day together we had hoped they would give us the 9.

They made a BIG production over it and entered notes into the system -- telling me that we'd be unable to get them future days.

When we redeemed a GAD the next day at Epcot, it was not a big deal. They did it for us with a smile..but I heard the person at the will call ask the supervisor "Why is there a system not associated with this party?"

I did NOT ask again at Magic Kingdom.

No problems getting 7 at Magic Kingdom and Epcot this past weekend. Cms were super nice, they did have to get an override but no problem or attitude. We had a super time.

..but I heard the person at the will call ask the supervisor "Why is there a system not associated with this party?"

I don't understand what that means? :confused3

We will have 9 in our party and for the donald rides it is not a problem as we only have 6 that will ride those. But for the daisy rides it would be great if we had a fp for all 9 of us.

Sure am hoping to get a nice CM and I will def look out for Josh :headache:

We just got back. There were 7 of us in our party for 3 of the days (6 the other days). The only park that gave us any problem was AK. We were told they could only give us 6. I politely explained that we have had no problem getting 7 at the other parks and was there any way we could get an exception, as it would be very hard to tour if we weren't all on the same FP schedule. The CM had to go check with her manager, but we were given the OK. AK took forever to redeem them, though.

7 people wasn't questioned at any of the other parks.

We just got back. There were 7 of us in our party for 3 of the days (6 the other days). The only park that gave us any problem was AK. We were told they could only give us 6. I politely explained that we have had no problem getting 7 at the other parks and was there any way we could get an exception, as it would be very hard to tour if we weren't all on the same FP schedule. The CM had to go check with her manager, but we were given the OK. AK took forever to redeem them, though.

7 people wasn't questioned at any of the other parks.

Interesting -- that's the first I heard that AK gave anyone a problem.

We leave next week so I'll report back on our experience (we need 9) when I'm back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter