• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Size of steak dinners at Le Cellier

DVC Jen

Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks.
Are the dinners at Le Cellier large enough to share? I am considering sharing with one of my two DDs. One is 11 the other 15. Not sure which I would be sharing with, but considering we will eat the bread, salad or cheese soup and a dessert, I thought sharing a meal may be a good idea.

Has anyone done this there? We have at Prime Time and it wasn't a problem at all.

It depends on how big an eater you are. I think its big enough to share, especially if you are planning on soup and dessert.

I have shared a steak with my mom, each of us getting a salad also. They will keep replenishing the bread.

are you going there to share? don't worry about sharing!!!! go there and eat what you can! its not that kind of restaurant.... eat what you want... and ENJOY!! and make sure to get the maple creme brulee.......yummm............

I ordered the cheese soup as an appetizer and I couldn't finish my steak. With an appetizer or salad, I think you could probably share if you aren't huge eaters. I had the filet.

DH and I sometimes share a steak at Le Cellier so we can have room for soup and dessert. When we do this, we leave the server a few extra dollars in the tip as if we were ordering two steaks.

Anne

Originally posted by tinkerb
are you going there to share? don't worry about sharing!!!! go there and eat what you can! its not that kind of restaurant.... eat what you want... and ENJOY!! and make sure to get the maple creme brulee.......yummm............

No.. :) our youngest DD is tiny she is 11 and weighs 73 pounds.. very petite. Therefore she doesn't eat much, yet she gets very tired of just getting the kids meals over and over again. I was hoping to get a steak dinner and share it with her. She would never eat an entire dinner (even kids) by herself and I know if I have soup, bread and I know I am going to want dessert ;) I won't be able to eat an entire meal myself as well.

i Looked at the menu, and I'm sure it would be enough, depending on the steak you chose. Like a 6 oz filet is not real big, but you could always do a larger ny strip or something if youre both real hungry. I'm a filet girl, myself, but even with a 6 oz, I struggle to finish one at other restaurants... I would think there wouldn't be a problem =)

Yes, share. I usually only eat half portions anyway. They have a 14 oz strip steak that you could definately share. Get the cheese soup, too! I'm not sure what the other sizes of the meats are, but they are probably more than 7 oz. A "normal" non-restaurant serving of beef is 3.5-4 oz. So you should have no problem at all.

I agree with the poster though about leaving a little extra tip though.

Get the cheese soup! It was so good my husband created a website about it (cheesesoup.com). Okay, the website was first, but the Le Cellier soup is on it.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter