Skip MVMCP or Leave Husband @ Resort

Qwackertoo

Mouseketeer
We went Christmas 2000 and twice Christmas 2001 and my husband wasn't thrilled with MVMCP and thought it was too crowded and we weren't able to do "everything" so this year I thought perhaps the kids and I, DD 9 & DS 6, could go without him OR I could go two different nights to MVMCP and take one child with me each time for some quality one/one time together and leave him at the resort. I just love being there and enjoying the very merry party atmosphere. I think he just doesn't love all things Disney as much as me!!!

What would you do?

Any tips for managing MVMCP time better, either try to do holiday shows or take advantage of ride time? I know for sure we'll be skipping those cookies and hot chocolate, waste of time. We ate dinner at the Castle both parties in 2002 and that worked great but didn't realize you could enter park earlier and it was already busy when we exited the restaurant @ seven.

Is there an event, attraction, park, DisneyQuest, etc., that would coincide with MVMCP or at least a good part of it, that your DH would like to go to that you would prefer to skip? Perhaps you could make it a win-win situation for all? ;)

Hope this helps! :)
Have a great vacation! :)

I say go for the one on one time and let each kid decide what to do...It would be very special and I know I would have loved it if I could have done that with my Mom. Making Memories is the most important thing you can leave your children.

(I thought this thread was about D-I-V-O-R-C-E....:p )

I think it would be a great idea to spend one-on-one time with your kids. Then your DH would also get to have one-on-one time with the other kid. Think of the great memories that your kids will have about spending alone time with their mom and dad at WDW. I know it would be something that I would cherish! :D

I agree with the others - the one on one time is a great idea for both parents and both kids! But don't miss out on something that you really want to do just because he's being a pooh

I think taking each kid seperately is great. You get to go twice :) and each kid will have a great time alone with you and at the same time the other can spend some quality time with dad.

I love the idea of each parent having special one on one time with each kid. I was one of 7 and believe me I would have loved one on one time no matter where it was and being in Disney makes it that much more magical.

Whatever you decide, don't let the fact that your husband doesn't care to go stop you and the kids. Whether you go separately with each kid or you all go together, the important thing is that you and the kids don't miss it!

Thanks for the replies! I asked the kids IF they would like to go to MVMCP on seperate nights with me and each have special night with me and each have special night with Daddy and they thought it would be great! I rarely get to do many things one on one with them, more so with daughter to ballet performances or ice shows, so experiencing this at WDW in MK at Christmas time will the the ultimate when it comes to special times together! Not sure what we can plan special for the Daddy time but maybe fireworks @ Epcot or Fantasmic or ??? Will have to break out our Santa Mickey hats!!! Woo Hoo!!! And I get to go TWICE!!!

How about if Dad takes them to Disney Quest? We loved DQ, and it would be fun to have one-on-one time there, too. It has the added advantage of not requiring a reservation of any kind. Better yet, you don't have to worry about the weather. We did a fireworks cruise last Thanksgiving and froze our tootsies off. Even my in-laws from Minnesota were turning blue. Another thought is a character meal at Chef Mickeys or 1900 PF and head to DTD Marketplace. They could catch a movie or shop for a toy. My last idea is for dad to head to Epcot or MGM and just use some hopper time. Let the kids pick where they want to eat on their dates with dad. They could also go to the Wilderness Lodge and go on a Hidden Mickey hunt then walk outside for the electric water pageant. If dad is really easy going, present each kid with a choice of these and let them pick. Yes, I love to do stuff like this and let my kids have a say in the planning.

Originally posted by travelitis
How about if Dad takes them to Disney Quest? We loved DQ, and it would be fun to have one-on-one time there, too. It has the added advantage of not requiring a reservation of any kind. Better yet, you don't have to worry about the weather.

We have never done Disney Quest, but I bet he would love doing that with the kids and they might like it too! DS 6, loves racing games, air hockey and other quarter eating machines at various places, not as sure DD 9 would like as much. We haven't done DQ before since we just had regular AP's and didn't know IF the extra for PAP's was worth it since our trips were all Dec. or Fall and might not get extra benefits of water parks and DQ as they were younger then, we haven't been since Dec. '01. Thanks for the ideas!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter