Skipper Canteen for just an appetizer and a drink?

wishuponastar1984

Mouseketeer
I am going on a business trip and staying offsite at the JW Marriott and decided to treat myself to MVMCP. My flight lands at 1:30 so my hope is to drop my bags at the hotel via my firm provided shuttle, which should get me to the hotel no later than 3pm. I can then catch an Uber to Disney property. I have 3 FP+ reservation and one is from 3:30-4:30pm so I would like to be walking into the gates right at 4PM. Needless to say I am going to be famished and would like to try out Skipper Canteen. I will be dining alone and wondered if there was a bar area where I could sit?

Also would it be better to have my Uber drop me off at the Contemporary so I could walk to the MK or is my only option to be dropped at the TTC?

They don't have a traditional bar area, but you can certainly just order an appetizer and drink.

Yes, better for Uber to drop you off at the Contemporary, they'll be able to.

No bar but we have a reservation for deserts and cocktails coming up. Planning to decompress before heading out to the fireworks. Usually hit the monorail, and this seems like a nice option.

Actually, getting dropped off at Bay Lake Tower (the Contemporary DVC building just to the left of the main tower) is a smidge closer to MK. Uber will even drop you off in the parking lot just to the left after you go through the security gate, which is even closer to the MK walkway. And appetizers at Skipper Canteen are the best part of the menu! Go for it!

Would definitely go for drinks and appetizers! No bar area but take a seat in the restaurant, enjoy the decor, banter with the waiter/waitress and their puns! We just had dinner there a few weeks ago and I enjoyed my appetizer (shu mai) even more than my entree! Have fun!!

No bar (there are no bars in Magic Kingdom). There's no rules as to what you are supposed to order. They won't even blink if you dont' order an entrée.

I ordered an app for my lunch last time I was there. Kid got a kid meal. Our total bill was $20-something. I didn't think twice!

No bar but we have a reservation for deserts and cocktails coming up.

Correct...no bar. But no cocktails, either. They have 2 beers (Stella and Blue Moon), about 6 wines by the glass and bottle, and sangria.

Their appetizers are good, especially the shu mai, and their wine choices--while limited--are higher quality than you might expect. I enjoyed my dessert there, too.

Thanks I guess I should revise my question. I wasn't asking if it was allowed to just order apps/drinks I was more looking for a way to drop in as there are no ADRs available. Plenty of places (not Disney) are easy to walk in and eat at the bar without a reservation.

We are doing something very similar. On our last park day (a MVMCP day) we have a 5:10pm ADR where I'm just planning on a few appetizers. So, basically a table service snack. LOL

We have true dinner at Narcoosee's just before 9 that night and a 10:30 breakfast at Crystal Palace, but I wanted to work this in just for the experience. We're riding Jingle Cruise right before so it all goes with the vibe.

Thanks I guess I should revise my question. I wasn't asking if it was allowed to just order apps/drinks I was more looking for a way to drop in as there are no ADRs available. Plenty of places (not Disney) are easy to walk in and eat at the bar without a reservation.
I bet last minute ADR's will appear as time gets closer. I would go to Touring Plans and put in a request to be notified if an opening does become available.

It totally depends on the hostess and the manager at the time and also how busy the place is. MOST of the time, CM's require an ADR to even get into the building!
I would not plan on eating TS if you are planning to try and walk in. :( I agree with others, keep checking for a reservation time!!! Even if you have to subscribe to the Touring Plans webservice :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter