Skybus to cease operations, several airlines closed this week

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had tickets to fly Skybus to Maine next week!!!!!!!!! :scared1:

We were going on a family trip for my sister's 40th birthday. She is going to be sooooooooooooooooooooooo upset. :sad1:

and I'm thinking...."Mmmmmmmmm, can I maybe squeeze in a quick trip to Disney to go to the live Podcast now?" :scratchin

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had tickets to fly Skybus to Maine next week!!!!!!!!! :scared1:

We were going on a family trip for my sister's 40th birthday. She is going to be sooooooooooooooooooooooo upset. :sad1:

and I'm thinking...."Mmmmmmmmm, can I maybe squeeze in a quick trip to Disney to go to the live Podcast now?" :scratchin

Hi--I am in Maine and our local news carried this story. They said folks should try contacting other airlines as they might be willing are working to pick up the Skybus passengers (allowing you to book without paying the really high last minute fare prices...just the regular prices). JetBlue flies into Portland and Southwest flies into Manchester, NH (about 40 minutes from the boarder). I am assuming that you are coming to Southern Maine as SkyBus flew in and out of Portsmouth.

I think those two airlines will be your best bets. Of course, if you are willing to fly into Boston, you have every available airline.

Good luck!

Hi--I am in Maine and our local news carried this story. They said folks should try contacting other airlines as they might be willing are working to pick up the Skybus passengers (allowing you to book without paying the really high last minute fare prices...just the regular prices). JetBlue flies into Portland and Southwest flies into Manchester, NH (about 40 minutes from the boarder). I am assuming that you are coming to Southern Maine as SkyBus flew in and out of Portsmouth.

I think those two airlines will be your best bets. Of course, if you are willing to fly into Boston, you have every available airline.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info! Yes, we were flying into Portsmouth and then renting a car to drive and stay in Ogunquit. I'm not sure what we will do now. I think I am the only one who knows about this so far. I have to call my sister 1st thing in the morning. She was the trip planner on this one.

Thanks for the info! Yes, we were flying into Portsmouth and then renting a car to drive and stay in Ogunquit. I'm not sure what we will do now. I think I am the only one who knows about this so far. I have to call my sister 1st thing in the morning. She was the trip planner on this one.

I sure hope it works out for you. FYI--I am just 15 minutes up the road in Kennebunkport. :goodvibes The weather here is still gross....:sad2:

My DD was supposed to fly on Skybus a couple of months ago. When we got to the airport, they told her the flight was canceled and gave her several options (later flight, rebook or refund.) She couldn't reach her friend to tell her about the problem so she chose to get her money back.

Just the other day she got an email offer for $50 off if she flew with them before the end of May. What a shame, they had great prices.

My DD was supposed to fly on Skybus a couple of months ago. When we got to the airport, they told her the flight was canceled and gave her several options (later flight, rebook or refund.) She couldn't reach her friend to tell her about the problem so she chose to get her money back.

Just the other day she got an email offer for $50 off if she flew with them before the end of May. What a shame, they had great prices.

My sister said she got an email from them just a couple days ago about something like this, a discount for her next flight or something.

I feel so bad for my sister. She has been planning our trip to Maine for months now. So now she's depressed about her birthday (it's her 40th) and the trip.

Personally, I say let's go to Disney! What better place to feel like a kid again!

A friend of mine leaves for Hawaii in 3 days, she was booked on Ata. Now they are staying in Seattle overnight layover at the start of the trip and have to add a day at the end in order to find any flights so short notice. They haven't found hotels yet for the extra nights. Talk about stressed out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter