Skyliner Reliability Tracking

Anyone do CBR clear through to DMK using Skyliner then Monorail. If so, how long a trip door to door? Seems more scenic than doing the buses.

I tried that and honestly it was an exhausting PITA compared to just taking the bus. You need to walk from IG to the monorail, transfer at TTC (which is a pain, down one ramp, back up another ramp), then get to MK. The monorail reliability was terrible when I did it and I ended up waiting 20+ min for a monorail at TTC, and then being in a holding pattern again at the contemporary, as they were taking a monorail out of service. All told, it took well over an hour. My monorail experiences on my last trip made the Skyliner look like a dream.

Wanted to followup and ask whether they are opening the Skyliner any earlier in the morning??? Thanks!

From the CBR station we rode the Epcot and DHS legs on 16 Dec 2019. There were no stops on the DHS leg either direction. On the CBR to Epcot leg, there were two stops each 1-2 minutes max. We didn't ride it back from Epcot as we took a bus from Boardwalk Inn to Disney Springs.

There was a short spiel over the speakers as we left each station and another one as we approached a station.

We were at POP from Dec. 12-21. We used the bus to get to Epcot but took the skyliner back to POP during the day and close to park closing time. For us it was much better than walking all the way to the bus stop and waiting...
We used Lyft one morning to get to DHS the day before the VQ started boarding at 7 am. Our next DHS morning, some used the bus that arrived at 6:15 am because they were not sure if the skyliner was running that early. I took the skyliner around 10 am and there was a line of maybe 2-3 groups ahead of us at POP. We used the skyliner to get back to POP and one night there was a significant line but it moved quickly and for us that was better than the long walk to the bus stops. My daughter and I had minimal stops during one ride in the middle of the day but all other rides were smooth. I personally loved the skyliner. Most of my kids did too. My 9 year old , who has some minor sensory issues, hated going over hour glass lake but she rode it with us anyway..she was just super nervous over the water.

We just finished a 4-day quick trip to check out Star Wars land, Skyliner, and other things. We stayed at CBR, so had easy access to the Skyliner station there. We loved the convenience, especially the super quick trip to HS. We rode a total of eight times. Twice, we were unable to ride because the line we needed was down. We stopped mid-flight three of the eight. Twice for less than 3 minutes, and once for just over 7 minutes. It was really windy Saturday night, which made the cars sway quite a bit (wife was not a fan!), but it didn't cause any issues. Definitely some minor bugs to work out, but as mentioned, we loved the convenience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter