Sleeper sofas - yuck!

Actually, these beds ARE in the BWV now! SO much better!
Here is the link (with a cool demo of how the new sofabeds work):
http://www.logichospitality.com/

Yep that is right. :thumbsup2 All sofa sleepers at Disney including DVC that are being replaced will be replaced with this type. BW is getting them now, as is Beach Club. I would think OKW and VWL will be next.

I doubt SSR will get them until they need to replace the exisiting ones. Which are very comfy but harder to operate.

I got confused for a second. Seeing zurgswife, nick and gopherit made me wonder what was going on. Then I realized we went back to 2004!

So you can't remove the cushions anymore to put on the floor for a littler one to sleep on with these beds. They look just like the older ones mattress-wise. The memory foam types at SSR were more comfortable.

(By the way, someone must be really bored to keep resurrecting these ancient posts.)
(By the way, by the way, did gravymom ever buy DVC??? Bet not.)

I got confused for a second. Seeing zurgswife, nick and gopherit made me wonder what was going on. Then I realized we went back to 2004!

Back to the future has been on TV alot lately, maybe that is it, but that is a Universal Ride isn't it. Maybe the cold weather then. :rotfl:

So you can't remove the cushions anymore to put on the floor for a littler one to sleep on with these beds. They look just like the older ones mattress-wise. The memory foam types at SSR were more comfortable.

(By the way, someone must be really bored to keep resurrecting these ancient posts.)

And with the back of the couch folding over, you have no headrest, or anything except the wall. It seemed to me the cushions would get dirtier always resting on the floor. :confused3

We just got back from our second time in a studio (using rented points.) The first time was at BWV and both the bed and the sleeper sofa were fairly uncomfortable.

This last trip was at WLV and the bed was much more comfortable. But, the sleeper sofa was so bad we had to go out and buy an air mattress. Even the egg crates did not help.

Why are these things so bad? It is seriously affecting our decision to purchase DVC...

I just stayed at BWV in Dec (SV studio) and the bed and sofa were both new. The bed was very comfy, with a pillowtop mattress. The sofa was the new style and I slept on it most of the week because I had a cold and was coughing. It was great!

Maybe you had a room that wasn't updated yet.

And with the back of the couch folding over, you have no headrest, or anything except the wall. It seemed to me the cushions would get dirtier always resting on the floor. :confused3

The don't rest on the floor, they are above it. Plus they are folded inward, so it is the back side of the sofa that is facing the floor.

LOL - I didn't notice until I read your post! ROFL!

Shan,

We did have housekeeping bring up egg crates. They did not have a full/queen one so they brought up two twin ones. It did not help at all.

Funny, but one's comfort during a stay should be a very important factor in determining whether or not to purchase. The kids won't sleep in an unfamiliar bed by themselves so I am stuck sleeping on the sleeper sofa on trips. It was miserable, even though I was very tired. Oh well.

The obvious answer to this is to either stay at OKW where the studios have 2 queens, or get a 2 bedroom that will have 2-3 real beds.

Yep that is right. :thumbsup2 All sofa sleepers at Disney including DVC that are being replaced will be replaced with this type. BW is getting them now, as is Beach Club. I would think OKW and VWL will be next.

I doubt SSR will get them until they need to replace the exisiting ones. Which are very comfy but harder to operate.
The last 2 units we stayed at for OKW (March 2006 and sometime in late 2005) had new sofa beds.
The OKW ones were the same as the sofa beds at SSR (we stayed at SSR in Oct 2006 and Dec 29, 2006 to Jan 3, 2007).
Those sofa beds were very comfortable, with a solid surface under the mattress and no bar across the middle. We didn't find them hard to operate, but the back cushions didn't stay close to the back of the sofa while it was being used as a sofa. I could see the resorts might not like that because it doesn't look as nice.

I'm curious how comfortable the Logic Hospitality sofa beds are. They look like they still have that noisy spring base with the bar across the middle.

I agree with you, sue. We had the new sleeper design at OKW in Oct. '05 and although I didn't try it out it certainly looked far more comfortable than the old design or the Logic Hospitality ones. That bar looks uncomfortable.

In oct @ BCV we had a room that still had the old version.

Although DSs complain, DH has slept on them & said they were fine:confused3 .

He's tall, so he did have to angle but, it beat listening to youngest DS whine to sleep in the "real" bed lol

anyone else remember being thrilled to go anywhere when you were young, even sleeping on the floor? Now we've got kids who talk heavenly beds...absurd.

The last 2 units we stayed at for OKW (March 2006 and sometime in late 2005) had new sofa beds.
The OKW ones were the same as the sofa beds at SSR (we stayed at SSR in Oct 2006 and Dec 29, 2006 to Jan 3, 2007).
Those sofa beds were very comfortable, with a solid surface under the mattress and no bar across the middle. We didn't find them hard to operate, but the back cushions didn't stay close to the back of the sofa while it was being used as a sofa. I could see the resorts might not like that because it doesn't look as nice.

I'm curious how comfortable the Logic Hospitality sofa beds are. They look like they still have that noisy spring base with the bar across the middle.

I agree Sue, I found the memory foam ones at SSR to be really nice. I have heard from staff there that they have received complaints about the difficulty in opening the bed, I did not have problems with it either. And also complaints about the back cushions as you mentioned and the seat cushions as well, that the couch was not comfortable to sit on.

I guess it is very hard to find one that sleeps good and is good to sit on too.

The don't rest on the floor, they are above it. Plus they are folded inward, so it is the back side of the sofa that is facing the floor.

Thanks I see that now. I agree that the mattress does not look like any improvement over the old ones. I really like the memory foam ones.

They must have given you one of the renter room, we have always had nice bedding. :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Everyone has different experiences. Stayed at BWV one bedroom sofa was soooo comfortable..stayed at BWV again in a studio the sofa wwas HORRIBLE...stayed at SSR one bedroom sofa was comfy again!!!

I will be staying at OKW next month. I have volunteered to take the sleeper sofa since DSis was in a car accident and since has terrible back problems. What building should I request that might have a new mattress -- and of course a good location!

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter