Slime Time Live Taping?

disneyagain

DIS Veteran
Do they tape this over the summer??? My 9 year old son really wants to go to this, but I told him I didn't think they taped over the summer. We'll be there Aug 3-10th.... If they aren't taping do they offer a tour of the Nick studios?

Thanks

The studio tour is available several times every day and includes a non-televised slime-time style show at the end (a dozen or so kids and adults get picked to play games but only 1 kid gets picked to be slimed and another gets picked to taste gak and slime during the tour, the rest are the "audience"). Even though it's not Slime Time Live, it IS a lot of fun, and the kids get to see how a studio works including control rooms, and the prop and make-up departments.
For the REAL Slime Time show the most reliable way to find out the schedule is to call Universal guest services or the audience center.
When they ARE doing a taping be prepared to spend a good part of your day waiting in line for tickets and then waiting again for the actual taping, and that is just to be in the audience bleachers. If your kid wants to audition to be a contestant it can take even longer. If they are filming outside you can usually watch from the crowd on the outskirts without tickets or waiting.
When my daughter got on the show it took us from about noon till 7pm with about an hour break between the auditions and the taping. She got creamed in the Shaboozie and later when I asked if it was worth all the hassle she said OH YES!!!
I have seen posts from others that got picked right off the streets of the park and got right on but I would not count on that happening.
For the best chances of getting picked do NOT have your kid wearing a Disney or other logo-type shirt unless it's a shirt from Universal or IOA-
Also when they tell your kid to make a silly noise, or shout, or jump up and down, or whatever tell your kid to really go for it, they want great enthusiam to to show! Not the time to get the shy giggles!
:jester:

Thanks for the reply! My son is definately not shy, he'd do just about anything to get on TV! My 7 yr old daughter would hide behind me if someone asked her a question. We have the 7 day passes and are staying the whole time at HRH so...I won't mind standing in line with him, since it's something that he really wants to do......Does the whole party need to stand in line for tickets or can 1 or 2 stand in line for 4 tickets???

I love these boards, We were able to get 2 WDW trips in last year because of info that I found on these boards for discounted rooms with AP's and on the Transportation board I found the great airfare for our November 2001 trip.

Sorry, Nick only has game lab now. No more studio tour

whoops sorry for the bad info Disneyagain- & thanks for the headsup Notatourist, I thought I saw the tours lining up as recently as our visit 2 weeks ago but you are definately the authority!
So now that we have your attention... what's gamelab about?
:jester:

I asked about the tour when we were there last time. I was told it was jsut down for a few weeks for their off season when they aren't taping anything (except STL). If it hasn't started back up it will be soon.

As for tickets everyone needs to be in the line when the tickets are given out. no extra tickets will be give. also children under 5 are not allowed in a STL or any other taping

Doubtful on the tour happening again soon...

Gamelab is a place to test out the games on nick, and slime a kid.

That's it.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering why we didnt have the tour last month, we went directly into the Game Lab, (I wasnt disappointed though, been on that tour about 10 times).

Patty

Thanks for the info, Notatourist. I was wondering why we didn't get the tour last month. We were waiting in line during a torrential rain so I didn't complain about anything once we got inside!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter