slo’s THURSDAY 11/9 poll - Cooking 🧑‍🍳

Cooking - Do you cook meals at home & how many days a week do you cook? (m.c.)

• I cook meals at home

Votes: 95 85.6%
  • I do not cook meals at home

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I cook one day a week

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I cook two days a week

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I cook three days a week

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I cook four days a week

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • I cook five days a week

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • I cook six days a week

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I cook seven days a week

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters
I answered I cook at home, 5 days a week. It's closer to 4.5. I like meal planning too and I enjoy changing things up with a new recipe about one a month. There are certain things I will only make on Sun/Mon so we can have leftovers another week night like beef stew, chicken enchiladas, lasagna and chicken and dumplings. I usually have a few frozen food options in case there is a busy night where actually cooking is out of the question, LOL.
Friday is Pizza, or baked fish from the local supermarket and leftovers are one night a week too.
Tonight we have leftovers: a pick of chili, lasagna and chicken pot pie.

You could just not, on occasion. He's a big boy, I'm sure he can figure something out.
Don't bother. She just likes to complain about a situation she takes no steps to fix it or change things. And then doubled down raising her son to be equally terrible and incapable according to her.

Last edited:
I cook a "couple-tree" times a week... I try to have enough for leftovers on other nights. DH likes to grill quite a bit. We also eat just heat and serve stuff a lot, along with eating out way too much.

I only cook 1 or 2 nights a week, but that's because we live in a multi-generational family and share the cooking/kitchen cleaning responsibilities. When it was just DH and me, I'd cook a couple of things on Sundays (soups, casseroles, roasts, whatever) and we'd eat those as leftovers for most of the week. It's probably more accurate to say we ate "out" once or twice a week, rather than to say I cooked 5 or 6 nights a week.

How much cooking is cooking? Is making toast, coffee and frying
an egg cooking? Is putting fish in the oven along with potatoes cooking? Or is it only cooking when it involves 27 steps, 4 pots, three knives and a cutting board?

We do a lot of the first two and not as much of the third for us.

We get takeout on Sunday most of the time. i don’t trust leaving oven on when not at home and boys are too hungry to wait an hour for a meal to be cooked.
::yes:: If you're getting a meal on the table that wasn't passed to you through a window, it's cooking, even if nothing is actually "cooked". ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter