slo’s WEDNESDAY 5/15 poll - Cow’s Milk vs Plant Based Milk 🥛

Cow’s Milk vs Plant Based Milk - What do you drink? (m.c.)

• I drink cow’s milk

Votes: 70 63.6%
  • I drink plant based milk

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • I don’t drink any type of milk

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I drink soy milk

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I drink rice milk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I drink coconut milk

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I drink almond milk

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • I drink cashew milk

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I drink oat milk

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 9 8.2%

• Total voters
I stopped drinking dairy milk about 2 years ago. I found it was causing me to cough almost immediately after consuming it. It's so weird as I use to drink it almost every day.

I do not drink milk, but when I use milk on cereal occasionally or cook with milk, it is cow’s milk. I keep canned evaporated milk on hand for cooking and only buy fresh milk if I get in the mood for cereal.

I don't drink milk for the most part, but when I do its Cow's milk

I mostly use dry whole milk for cooking - that way I always have milk and don't have to worry about it being off.

I do also use almond milk to make orgeat for my Mai Tias.

We have a variety of milk in the fridge, but no one in my house “drinks” milk. I don’t know if my kids ever drank milk past the age of maybe 2. My husband likes milk okay and uses 1% in his cereal and I use that when cooking. I use unsweetened coconut milk in my chia seed breakfast pudding and have fairlife (lower sugar) to make a latte a few times a week. I also have half and half for my coffee and a few recipes use that. Occasionally one of the kids will get on a smoothie kick and ask for almond milk.

I voted cows' milk, because that's what I buy, but I realized I haven't actually just drank a glass of it a very long time. I do put it in my coffee daily, and use it on cereal or for recipes.

I like cow's milk, however since my gastric bypass surgery 2 years ago, I've had issues drinking it or eating anything with a significant amount of milk in it. Even Fairlife milk is problematic, so it's not a la lactose issue.

My nutritionist has told me I may need to try an alternative in cereal and such or keep suffering the after effects (I'll spare you the details).

I buy lactose free milk, Fairlife or the store brand, as it lasts longer than regular milk (I'm not lactose intolerant). I don't drink milk by itself but I do put it in coffee and for recipes.

I used oat milk in my coffee for a while and enjoyed it, specifically from Chobani, but ultimately I prefer cow's milk.

Cow-dairy is a trigger for my psoriasis, so I've transitioned to alternate milks as much as possible. I usually buy an almond + coconut blend, but I can smell the almond in things like mashed potatoes and I don't like that. Oat milk is better for mashed potatoes, but I don't like the taste with cereal. It tastes too grassy, if that makes any sense at all. I don't want multiple milks, so I usually just buy whichever is on sale.

I use Coffee Mate / non-dairy creamer. I am lactose intolerant, so no cow's milk. I've tried all the plant based milks and they don't really have the consistency or enough taste to be called a "milk" substitute in my coffee, in my opinion. The other times I use Coffee Mate is to make oatmeal and mashed potatoes. Beyond that, I don't use milk much.

Cows milk only for me. Some days I enjoy a nice cold glass of milk almost as much as a cold beer. I was raised on milk and or juice growing up. My mother never allowed tonic/soda/pop in the house. Nowadays still drink it with all my meals and deserts.

My other family members have food allergies so we use soy, almond, or coconut milk for cereal, coffee, and cooking or baking.

Cows milk for me. none of that other "stuff" is milk and they should not be allowed to called that. Just like they should not be able to call plant based "chicken" chicken

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter