• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s WEDNESDAY 8/24 poll - Rubber Gloves 🧤

Rubber Gloves - Do you use them and when do you use them? (m.c.)

• I use them daily

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I use them often

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • I use them once in awhile

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I use them rarely

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • I never use them

Votes: 31 34.8%
  • I use them when washing dishes

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • I use them when cleaning the bathroom

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • I use them when I do any cleaning of something gross and yucky

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • I use them whenever my hands need to be in water

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 10 11.2%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Rubber Gloves are an absolute MUST for some people when they clean or wash dishes. For others they are a big MUST NOT when doing any type of cleaning. Where do you fit in with rubber gloves…..

Do you use rubber gloves?
When do you use rubber gloves?
(multiple choice)

For Me……I almost never use rubber gloves - I hate how they feel. The only time I used rubber gloves was when I would scrub my DD20’s softball pants & shirts with Borox and Fels-Naptha soap, and I used the gloves to protect my nail polish. Since I don’t wash uniforms anymore with her playing in college, I haven’t used rubber gloves in 2 years.

IMG_1583.jpeg

Not a fan of rubber gloves at home. However, I work in a chemistry teaching lab so I wear nitrile gloves all afternoon, as we have to wear gloves in the lab. Better than rubber gloves, but still not a fan.

DH wears either nitrile or rubber gloves every time he washes dishes at home, so almost daily.

I use garden gloves always as for rubber gloves - only when I’m working with solvents like when I’m refinishing something and I’m using harsh chemicals then I use them or if I have to clean a nasty pet accident 💩 because I have a sick animal then I use them but that also involves using cleaners with chemicals !!
Always if I have to clean anything with bleach as I burned my hands once with bleach and don’t want to experience that again !! FYI I was wearing gloves the bleach ate them !!!

I rarely use them. I would need to be cleaning something really gross to use them. For normal bathroom and kitchen cleaning, I use bare hands.

Rubber? Not often. I have a Dishwasher so other than rinsing dishes I rarely use gloves for that, but they are by the sink if I need them
Now, disposable vinyl gloves? Use them all the time. Used them yesterday while working on my sprinklers, putting new ones in and having to dig and reach into muddy water. Leather gloves would not work since I needed to be able to feel for the threads that the sprinklers go in. Use vinyl gloves whenever I work on my car, either something mechanical, or when I wash, wax and put Armor All on the dash, door panels etc.

While we have a pair floating around that I used for a special project, I never use them for any sort of routine cleaning. I was a teen, living at home, the last time I wore them for dishes (it was a must in our house). I never use them for DD15s uniforms. Granted, I rely on more of a soak for those, but my approach is a blend of Zote, Dawn Platinum and Borax (and sometimes some Fels-Naptha). I have a bar of Fels-Naptha, but it doesn't seem to work on stains with our water type...so Zote is the go-to laundry bar around here. Still, the Fels gives it a nice clean smell, so sometimes I work that into the mix. Still...no gloves. Thankfully, most of the school ball around here is on turf and it's still cool enough that there's no melting turf issues...so no uniform laundry requests of me in months. That's going to change in about a month.

I rarely use them. I have a pair. Used them when I cut my finger and had to keep it dry.
I have a box of disposable gloves, garden gloves and winter gloves and rarely use any of them

Almost never. Would have to be super gross or harmful to my skin. I do usuallywear gardening gloves when I garden but I hate those too.

I use heavy duty Nitrile gloves when washing dishes and other cleaning activities. I used to buy the Playtex-type rubber gloves but switched to the heavy-duty nitrile gloves. The expensive rubber gloves got holes in them too quickly for me. The nitrile gloves will usually last several days, which is cheaper in the long run than the rubber gloves.

I never wear the heavy rubber gloves. Occasionally will wear nitrile gloves if I’m painting or using wood stain or other chemical substance. As a petite woman with small hands, it’s hard to get a pair that fits properly and they’re usually too loose to be helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter