• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Snack credits May 5-13 trip

kcashner

DIS Veteran
We just got back from WDW. Stayed at SSR on DDP. I will do a restaurant post later, but wanted to answer some of the questions re snack items.

The written document we received at check in stated that snack items were available at "snack carts in the parks and quick service outlets in the resorts." It also indicated that items included on the snack plan would be labelled with the symbol.

In the parks, we found that snack items were primarily available at the snack carts, although some quick service outlets in the parks also had snack items.

What we got or saw specifically labelled available:
Ice cream bar and ice cream/cookie comination treat (got both)
Various water/soda drinks in bottles or glasses
In Animal Kindgom, yogurt smoothies at snack cart!
In MK, Dole WHip was NOT included--was not at t "snack cart."
Epcot--at Kringla Bakery Sweet Pretzels, school bread, most other items in bakery case were available. We got a cinnamon roll and sweet pretzel. The posted menu didn't list all the items in the case (DDP symbol was on menu on wall), but most individual items were included.

At resort--way too much to list!

Boxes of Entenneman's donuts, cookies, donut holes. (1 pound boxes!)
13 ounce bags of doritos, chips, etc.
Jars of "dip" for chips
8 ounce individual serving cartons of milk (skim, 2%, whole)
16 ounce bottles of chocolate milk, strawberry milk, whole milk
Various 20 ounce bottles of sodas, power drinks, etc.
Various ice cream items--bars, frozen treats, etc.
yogurt parfaits
fruit salad
lettuce salad
pieces of fresh fruit, bowls of grapes
individual serving boxes of various cereals
Cookies, brownies, muffins, cinnamon rolls from bakery case (one entire case)

NOT included--"Chip and Dale candy company" treats

The prices on the snack items (if you were paying cash) ranged from about $1.09 to $3.89. THe decision on whether or not an item was included did not seem to be price based--some items which were $2 were not included while $3.50 items were. All shelves were clearly labelled at the resort. All items were clearly labelled at the parks.

We made the assumption that if something was not labelled, it was not a snack item. THe only thing that I specifically asked was the Dole Whip in Adventureland in MK--no label, not included---but NOT at a snack cart or quick service outlet.

Hope this answers some questions re snacks. Next post--restaurants!

Thank you for looking.

I'm surprised to hear the dole whip wasn't included as others have reported it is. It's also confusing that the Chip & Dale treats are included at BC Marketplace but not SSR.

Different people seem to have different experiences. We were at MK on 5/6, and told Dole Whip was not on snack plan at that outlet. I'm not trying to start a flame. It seems that things change from one day to the next and one location to the next without any rhyme or reason. I can only speak to our experience. I do know that things at SSR were not identical to things at Marketplace at Beach Club.

Wow... I have heard both reports too. Some have gotten the Dole Whip and others haven't... I would imagine the people who work there should know one way or another...

We were at Aloha Isle, I think this is the only place for Dole Whips? The dole whip and pineapple float WERE MARKED WITH THE DDP SYMBOL!

Man, I wish I had taken a picture! Our dates were 5/3-5/8.

We also stayed at SSR and I was SHOCKED at the "grocery store" bags of chips that were snacks. Of course, I blew my leftover snack credits on rice crispy treats!

We just returned yesterday. It was great being able to go to the food court for breakfast items like muffins :) I also noticed the yummy coated nuts at Epcot that are found in American and 1 other location near the big fountain, were included in the plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter