Snack description question: Beaver tails, Mickey bars, Dole whips...

Sharlag

Earning My Ears
and other snacks like them I've heard mentioned fondly.

Is there a place to get the details on these items? I'm drawing some conclusions about them, but would like to know more.

My imagination is going wild trying to figure out WHAT EXACTLY they are!

Thanks,
Sharla:scratchin :scratchin :tongue:

You could always use the search function. If you do you will get lots of information. In the meantime...

Mickey bars are ice cream bars sold in all the parks. vanilla ice cream, coated with dark chocolate in the shape of a mickey head with 2 ears. They remind me of a dove bar - only better.

Beaver tails are fried dough - sort of like a flat doughnut- with different toppings. I like the strawberries and cream. They are sold in Canada in Epcot and I have only seen them open in the evening.

Dole Whips are soft serve ice cream - available several ways - the traditional being the pineapple soft serve. These are available only in the MK at Adventureland.

All 3 of these snacks are definitely worth seeking out! Enjoy!

...I got a firm answer, and they're definitely Dairy-free if you have any milk allergy concerns!

Kris

A picture is worth a thousand words!

Mickey Ice Cream Bar:

RobIceCreamBar.jpg

Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich (these are to die for! IMHO)

mickIceCreamSand.jpg

Dolewhip Float:

dolewhip1.jpg

Dolewhip Pineapple Ice Cream:

dolewhip2.jpg

Chocolate & Maple Beavertail:

beavertail1.jpg

Strawberries & Cream Beavertail:

robbeavertail.jpg

Is anyone DROOLING yet???? :teeth:

LOL...love the pics!

But it didn't include my personal favorite....a dole whip swirl...vanilla and pineapple. Yum!

Where specifically in Adventureland can I purchase a Dole Whip? Those photos have my mouth watering!!!
I also remember seeing a chocolate dipped banana rolled in nuts SOMEWHERE in MK...think it was a vendor cart, but then could never find it back again. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Lesley,

So many WDW snacks, so little time....:)

Jill,

You can get the dole whips at Aloha Isle in Adventureland. As you enter Adventureland from the main hub, it's on the right hand side as you walk towards Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride.

Here's the menu from Deb's site:

Aloha Isle
Dole Whip Soft Serve (pineapple, vanilla, chocolate, pineapple/vanilla swirl, or chocolate/vanilla swirl) - available toppings: rainbow sprinkles $2.79

Pineapple Float - pineapple Dole Whip with pineapple juice $2.99

Coke or Root Beet Float with vanilla Dole Whip $2.99

Fresh Cut Pineapple Spear $1.49
Assorted Chips $2.39

Pineapple Juice $1.49
Orange Juice or Apple Juice $2.39
Hot Cocoa $1.69
Coffee $1.69
Bottled Water $1.25 or $2.00
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Root Beer, or Minute Maid Lemonade $1.99, $2.29

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter