Snared by a "new" ticket option! GOOD NEWS for a change!!!

DisneyFanGuy

Disney Nut
Something very interesting happened on my way to the World.

I am usually a Day visitor at WDW. I drop by on my way to visit my folks every year in South Florida. I have used park hoppers when I have had more than a couple of days to spend, but more than half of my visits involve buying one day passes for one park at a time.

I recently made reservations for the Comfort Inn, off site. I received a great rate, and was upgraded for free to a suite. At the end of my phone call they offered to transfer me to WDW reservations for a discount ticket offer. I agreed, figuring that I would get a couple of bucks off of the ten, one day passes that I was going to purchase. (For two days in the parks with a family of five.)

They offered me......."Three Day" Park Hopper Plus passes. (Including a one day option at one of the water parks)

They were 168 dollars per ticket.

As far as I know, Disney discontinued the three day passes when AK opened. I was quite suspicious, but after about 5 minutes of questions I was convinced that I was indeed speaking with WDW and that the Three Day Hoppers were for real. I grabbed 5 of them, and will now spend an extra day in the parks on my way home (or early next year).

I got them in the mail today, and they are indeed legit.

I usually avoid the 4 day hoppers because they are too expensive. This was just enough less for me to spring for them. Compared to 50 dollars per day, I am now paying a per day average of 56 and I get the ability to move from park to park.

Rather than massively cut costs, this is exactly the kind of thing that Disney needs to do to get people to come. It's a price break without actually reducing the price of their individual tickets. I have been very upset about their recent cuts. This lured me into spending the cash for an extra day. I did it with an open heart. It's the first thing that I have seen them do recently that gives me the feeling that someone is thinking about the Guest.

In the middle of all of their (IMHO) recent poor decisions, this is a GOOD IDEA DISNEY! Lets have a few more of them!

Other off site hotels (HIFS) have been offering these tickets for the past few months.
I agree it's a good option.

I emailed Disney last week asking if there was such an option or if I could get a two day UMP on a 3 day stay. I received a generic - we have no plans to offer such a pass at this time, but check back. HMMMMMM.. I guess if they want me to come, they will contact me about this option. I am getting to the point that I just don't know if I feel like going - not all Disney's doing either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter